21 January 2024

Earth Dungeon 129.2

Test

Chapter 129.2. Power Generator


[Turn over the hologram with your hand and take a look. While doing that, think about wanting to see other settings.]

[Huh...? Like this?]

Turning over the hologram while thinking about wanting to see other settings, it changed to what seemed like a map of the area, surprising me.

[Is this the way to operate it?!]

[It's easy, right? It's an easy operation that even a child can understand.]

[If only I knew how to operate it. What the scientists who were investigating must have had a tough time.]

No one would have expected a response to my thoughts. Moreover, to think of flipping over the hologram and such, it's something I would never have come up with.

Their common sense is different. It's like handing a tablet to someone from the Edo period; they wouldn't know how to use it. It's the same here.

While I'm surprised, Shizuku confirms the state of the hologram and tells me the results.

[This is no good. The detour route is also severed. Without restoring the disconnection, power won't be supplied underground. It's convenient, in a way. Let's restore the power. Probably, enemies will appear.]

[Someone must have stopped the power. The fact that Masamune and the others relied on this is quite something.]

Normally, they wouldn't be able to secure it, but they didn't intend to use it as power. They probably didn't plan to use it, but still.

[If we could detach and take it with us, it would be great, but it's fixed in place and can't be moved. Maybe, Sakimori-san, you could absorb it? The mechanism is almost the same as with the elemental.]

Shizuku mutters something she thought of. It's an interesting proposal, but I can only answer that I'll consider it.

[Let's discuss that later. Alright, let's start it up. Is this it?]

Touching the panel that shows offline, the display changes to online, and the generator starts supplying power to the surroundings with a small vibration.

Strangely, even though there are no fluorescent lights, the ceiling starts to light up, illuminating the surroundings. The tattered interior of the building becomes visible, and I shrug my shoulders feeling uneasy about the situation.

[Is this okay then? It seems like the power has been restored.]

[Mission complete. Shall we explore a bit further downstairs?]

I ponder over Shizuku's suggestion. It might be a good idea. It took some time to get here, and I'm curious about that crystal zombie thing.

It's extremely quiet around here. It's ridiculous that I was on guard. It's anticlimactic.

Somehow, I've started thinking like the mob character who dies in a horror movie, haven't I?

With a clattering sound, a chair that was rolling moves. I immediately raise my automatic rifle and send my thoughts to the Shadow Tigers.

[Is there an enemy?]

[Myan myan]

Shaking their heads, the Shadow Tigers answer that there is no enemy. But something feels off, and they start to be cautious, lowering their bodies. If the perceptive Shadow Tigers can sense an approaching enemy, they should be able to tell, but now, the previously shaking desk creaks as if to mock, and it's a little strange.

[Tch, where's the enemy? Invisible monster?]

Even though it seems like there's no one around... "Fnya!"

With a clattering sound, Shadow Tiger is pushed down and gives a cry. The other Shadow Tigers also seem like they're about to be blown away, and they immediately fly back, taking a defensive posture with bared fangs.

I squint my eyes, and dust on the floor scatters, and footsteps start to appear step by step.

[Horror developments turn into action movies with the appearance of guns.]

I aim my automatic rifle at the location of the footsteps and pull the trigger. Tarara, a dry sound, and the sound of something falling, and dust fills the air.

[Attack the direction of the sound, Shadow Tigers!]

"Nyaun!"

The fallen Shadow Tiger can't get up, struggling helplessly, but the other Shadow Tigers pounce on the location of the sound. However, as soon as they pounce, they are repelled and sent flying as if playing with kittens.

The enemy seems to be strong, or rather... Shadow Tigers feel weak, as if they can't exert their full strength.

[Attacks are being nullified, Sakimori-san. It seems the skills are being nullified.]

[Nullified attacks? Like the Hyper-Man in the movie where touching Crispy Knight takes away strength?]

[Show me that movie later, okay? Promise?]

While making light of it, Shizuku searches for the enemy. However, there's no one anywhere. Or rather, invisible. The Shadow Tigers grab the enemy's location from the footsteps and dust, attacking, but they are repelled helplessly like kittens playing.

Pulling the trigger of my automatic rifle, I also want to shoot the invisible enemy. I feel a response, but the enemy remains invisible.

[Is this the crystal zombie?]

Something grabs my shoulder, and I'm about to be pushed down, so I hit with the gunstock and shoot. Another sound of something falling, and sounds echo around.

[This is bad!]

[Let's retreat for now!]

While clicking my tongue, and trying to retreat,

A red beam pierces through his body, and in an instant, Sakimori is turned into ashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test