21 January 2024

Earth Dungeon 129.1

Test

Chapter 129.1. Power Generator


The passage leading underground looked like a typical entrance to a subway station. It's one of those situations if someone tells you not to go, you'll most likely end up going.

[Ah, the Abyss. The name is downright ominous now. I wonder who came up with such a name for a shelter.]

Even for a tough guy, it's a name that gives pause. It's not the gates of hell.

[The Abyss was named from a black joke. It was supposed to be named something hopeful, but the person who built the shelter named it the Abyss with irony.]

[There didn't seem to be a single soul around, but why?]

[I don't know. I think it's something not worth pondering, and records of the events are probably inside the research dome.]

With a troubled expression, Shizuku tilts her head cutely. She probably really doesn't know, but she could probably guess. Is this city a fusion from a different world?

Is it okay to tell me now? Is the reason for not telling me still the possibility of me being detected as a bug in the dungeon?

If that's the case, I can't help it. I'll endure with my imagination.

A crude concrete entrance to the underground. The large cargo entrance, about 5 meters wide, is like a loading door, and it's already open, allowing entry.

Carrying the automatic rifle on my shoulder, I decided to bring along 3 armed Shadow Tigers.

"Well then, Dictator Date Masamune, I'll go restore the power generator."

"Yeah, leave it to us. But magic is quite convenient, isn't it?"

When I speak to Masamune and the others beside me, they nod in admiration. Shadow magic is indeed convenient.

"That's right. ...Oh, by the way, what are your unique skills?"

I ask because I'm a little curious. They never told me what skills they leveled up to 5.

"Hmm? We all have [Physical Abilities Slight Increase]. So we've allocated our skill level improvement to [Marksmanship] 5."

Masamune casually informs me. It's an attractive unique skill with no weaknesses.

[It's a skill without weaknesses. Although magic power decreases by 1%, other stats increase by 1%. It's a good skill without any quirks. However, they probably have many other hidden skills and magic. Occasionally, I feel strange mana flows.]

As Shizuku says, it's true. It's just speculation, but he probably touched the dungeon core a lot and acquired a large number of skills. He's a deceitful guy.

[He operates excessively to save people. High level. I can somewhat imagine the past of such a person. Probably, he tried to help people, violated orders of a military tribunal or something, and became a sacrifice for the core. Maybe he received a concentrated potion because at that time it was suspicious, and no one else wanted to drink it?]

[If it's a dungeon core that can give a level 5 skill potion, he should have obtained skills like super strength. If he failed in allocating stats, he should have had a hard time. Yet, they are unharmed. I have a feeling other companions were sacrifices like him.]

[He seems to have an unpleasant past. That's a dramatic one. Well, I don't feel like asking.]

There's no answer to Shizuku's question. It seems like he only has an unpleasant past. He shrugs his shoulders, and we enter the entrance to the underground. With the sound of concrete echoing, the entrance is open.

"I'll be going quickly then."

And so, I descend into the darkness that opens up underground.

In the pitch-black darkness, I descend using the light from the flashlight attached to my chest. It's different from the place I visited when I was a child. I have vague memories. But I remember going in with a large group.

[This seems to be a general area. I think it was used as an emergency exit for ordinary people.]

[Is this an emergency area?]

Clang, clang, the sound of footsteps echoes as the armed Shadow Tigers move forward. Thick cables are laid across the ceiling, leading towards the surface.

It's eerily quiet. It looks like there's nothing here. I raise my automatic rifle and continue descending. A staircase with bare concrete walls evokes a sense of fear.

Contrary to expectations, there are no encounters with monsters or anything, and I reach the door marked as the 150th floor in about two hours. I push open the thick metal door and enter.

[Ah, the building was different back then, but the lights were on, huh?]

Seeing the scene illuminated by the flashlight, I remember when I visited as a child. There were no walls around the building. There wasn't even an outer wall. It continued halfway through the building. It seemed like it had been blown away in some kind of battle, and rubble piled up like a mountain. I can see the outside, but most of the building was like that.

Back then, I remember looking at the ruins with excitement, as if it were some attraction.

Now it's a world with only one flashlight. How did those guys from the Supreme say yes to going down in this darkness? I'd politely decline.

Well, I'm going down now.

I raise my automatic rifle at the hip and lead the armed Shadow Tigers forward. I thought there would be some obstacles, but it's too quiet and eerie.

Without any issues, I arrived at the location Masamune taught me in about two hours. It's labeled as the Emergency Power Room above the door.

[Shadow Tiger, open it.]

"Myan."

Commanding them with my thoughts, the Shadow Tigers effortlessly open the thick metal door by placing their front legs on it. Entering, I find a large generator inside.

[It has a horror vibe.]

[This was recently shut down.]

The switch is bloody, and touching it leaves blood on my hands. It hasn't even coagulated yet. Quite a surprising horror effect, huh?

[Do you know how to use it?]

[Of course. Just raise the main power lever. Unfortunately, there are no buttons or riddles to operate multiple buttons for operating within 200 volts. It doesn't even insert chess pieces for some reason.]

My partner laments in games, it's always made difficult to use. I don't need that kind of thing.

[Long live the real world.]

Next to the generator, there's a large lever, and it was lowered, so I lift it. With a clatter, a hologram appears on the panel, surprising me a little. It's a sci-fi-like system.

[Supplying power to the building.... It seems the cables are disconnected and only connected up to the 137th floor.]

Looking at the building projected in the hologram, Shizuku informs me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test