16 December 2023

Sure-Hit Archer 114

Test

Steel Golem


The next day. 

After replenishing potions, Silphy and I arrived at the colossal dungeon to level up a bit by defeating some Iron Golems before reaching the boss room on the lowest floor.

"Well, we've arrived at the boss room for now... Silphy, are you okay in that state?"

As I said this, I spoke to Silphy, who had nestled into my inner pocket with a bulging belly.

"Y-yes. I still have some potions in my stomach, but I'm ready to move quickly if needed!"

Really... I was planning to ask how long it would take for her to be able to move, but it seems there's no issue.

Anyway, Silphy, you've consumed four MP potions before reaching the boss room, right? 

Four potions would fill my stomach quite a bit...

...Well, never mind. Silphy says she won't be in a state like yesterday, and if the worst comes to pass, I can support her.

"Alright, Silphy, don't push yourself too hard. Well, there probably won't be much for you to do, anyway."

Entering the boss room: [Weakness Lock], and if possible, use [Appraisal].

Deliver a blow. 

Exit the room and defeat it. 

Just like with the mid-boss. 

Unless something unexpected happens, Silphy probably won't have much to do.

And now, the boss I'm about to challenge is the Steel Golem. 

The behavior pattern is the same as the previous Golems. 

The only difference is that its toughness and regeneration are even higher than the Iron Golem. 

Also, its body has turned into steel. 

The level has increased significantly.

There shouldn't be any chance of it escaping due to the lack of agility status from the boss room.

"Alright!"

"Good. Well then, shall we go?"

Saying that, I pass through the wide-open door of the boss room.

The boss room of the colossal dungeon can be summed up in just one word: vast. 

I knew it from the information, but it's truly vast. 

It's about twice the size of the mid-boss room. 

Maybe because of this size, I have to enter quite a bit into the room before the Steel Golem starts moving...

"Oh."

Walking a little towards the center of the room, the Steel Golem for this boss finally starts moving. 

Looking at the standing Steel Golem... 

Yeah, it's huge. Or rather, it's too big. 

The information stated that the size of the Iron Golem is 20 meters, while the Steel Golem is 40 meters. 

At this point, the size doesn't matter anymore.

...It's not like bigger is better!

Look at Silphy! Since a while ago, she hasn't said a word, her mouth wide open in astonishment at the Steel Golem being too big.

"Well, forget it. Alright, let's quickly use [Appraisal] and [Weakness Lock]."

Taking the initiative is the key. 

Just like before, I use [Appraisal] and [Weakness Lock] to expose the Steel Golem's HP and weaknesses.

"[Magic Arrow]... Shh!"

As soon as that's done, I immediately create a transparent arrow with [Magic Arrow] and shoot it at the Steel Golem using Dragon Tree Bow.

The transparent arrow hits the chest of the approaching Steel Golem, slightly reducing its body.

...Alright, I've done what needs to be done.

"Alright, let's get out of the boss room."

"Hahaha! That was great!"

Saying that, I run to the back door, and Silphy laughs from my inner pocket.

Thanks to the increased agility status from leveling up, it's easy for me to leave the boss room. 

As for the Steel Golem?

It finally started walking from a distance away. 

In the meantime, I pass through the open door, leaving the boss room.

Once outside the boss room, as always, the door closes to allow the boss to recover, making it impossible to re-enter the boss room.

"Phew... For now, I can breathe a sigh of relief."

Now, as usual, I'll just shoot [Magic Arrows] from outside the room and be done with it. 

So, let's see... the damage dealt to the Steel Golem...

The original Steel Golem had 125,000 HP, and the damage dealt was 630... 

Even though it's still recovering, it seems I'll need about 200 [Magic Arrows] to defeat the Steel Golem.

So, before the Steel Golem fully recovers...

"[Magic Arrow - Full Burst]"

"...Shh!"

Spending 3,000 MP, I use [Magic Arrow - Full Burst] to shoot transparent arrows at the huge metal door of the boss room. 

With this, theoretically, I should be able to defeat it! 

So, Silphy and I wait in front of the boss room for a while.

-Level increased by 40-

"Hmm?"

"Oh, looks like you managed to defeat it."

After some time passes, the level-up announcement is heard. 

At the same time, the massive metal door of the boss room slowly opens with a creaking sound. 

As the door opens, a hole appears in the center of the chest, revealing the motionless Steel Golem inside.

"Alright, alright, alright. Looks like I managed to defeat it... Now, Silphy, please!"

"Got it! Here I go! Ready, set!"

While storing the immobilized Steel Golem in the [Item Box], I ask Silphy to explore the room.

"Phew... I've thoroughly investigated this colossal dungeon from corner to corner, but there doesn't seem to be any significant findings... 

Even the place where Silphy was doesn't seem to be a boss room or anything."

If there's nothing here, where should I explore next?

"Ah! Kaede, Kaede! I found it! I found it! A strange space, hidden and hard to notice!"

"What!?"

Could it be!? The mysterious space Silphy was searching for!

I immediately run to where Silphy is, opposite the wall of the boss room door.

"Is it here?"

Arriving at Silphy's location, she points to the wall. 

Although there doesn't seem to be any notable difference in color compared to the other walls...

"That's right. It's here, Kaede! While the wind feels like it's hitting the other walls, this wall feels strange, like the wind isn't touching it."

"I see..."

I take out the notebook with information about the dungeon from the [Item Box] and confirm details about the boss room.

Ah, there it is.

Um... yeah. 

There's no information about such a hidden room in the boss room. 

While it's possible that other explorers intentionally hid it, the lack of information on this hidden room suggests either I didn't search for it, or if I found it, I couldn't report it...

Well, in any case, it seems better to be thoroughly prepared.

"Alright, let's fully recover MP and get ready before going in!"

"Okay."

Saying that to Silphy, I take out MP potions from the [Item Box] and gulp them down. 

Since one potion recovers about 500 MP, considering the MP used... around 6 potions should do it.

This is going to be tough...

Well, but if it's around six potions, I should be able to manage! Before the boss resurrects, I quickly finish drinking—

"Oh, the Steel Golem."

Just when I was thinking that, it seems too much time has passed, and the resurrected Steel Golem is walking towards us.

...Well, I can easily defeat it with [Magic Arrow - Full Burst].

But still... it's kind of frustrating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test