16 December 2023

Bottom Tier 44

Test

Date With Ao-chan Part 2


As we strolled through the commercial district, we stopped at interesting shops, peeking inside, discussing this and that.

Then we're moving on to the next intriguing store. 

There are various places—general stores, grocery stores, decoration shops, and more. 

Even though they are familiar places and familiar shops, being with Ao-chan made it feel incredibly fresh.

Feeling tired from walking, we took a break in a café.

"I've been thinking, I want Minato-kun to have this."

She smoothly pulled out an Angel's Ring from her finger.

"For me? But this is a gift..."

Did she not want it?

Sensing my unease, Ao-chan shook her head.

"It's not that I want to return it; I want you to hold onto it."

"Hold onto it? That's fine, but why again? Do you have other items you want to equip?"

"Whether it's the S-rank party members or Chrom and everyone, they all disappear in the end, you know?"

"...That's true."

In the game, you can retry or reload, but this world is different.

"I felt lonely thinking that nothing would remain if something happened. Even though I'm here by your side."

"Still, I want you to have it."

Ao-chan had a surprisingly serious look in her eyes.

"Understood."

I nodded and put the ring in my pocket. 

To make sure I don't lose it. I'll buy a small bag or something to hang around my neck.

"Thank you. Sorry for talking about something unlikely to happen."

"No problem. We've been through a lot, so it's understandable."

"It's been a while, but are you feeling better now?"

"Thanks to you. Today's date is a good change of mood."

"I see, I see."

Ao-chan tilted her cup and took a sip of coffee. 

She looked into the distance with a slightly distant gaze, surveying the surroundings.

I stared at her face intently. Even her melancholic expression was nice.

"What do you want to do with the reward money?"

"I don't know."

"It's too much to spend all at once, and even if we get equipment, there's still a lot left."

"Yeah, true. Since it won't go bad, let's take our time to think about it."

"Sounds good."

As we relaxed, time passed quickly, and the sun slowly began to set.

"There's somewhere I want to go after this."

"Sure, where to?"

We got into a carriage and told the coachman our destination.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise after we arrive."

"I wonder what it is."

The carriage took us outside the city, up to a small hill.

"Give me your hand."

I got off first, took Ao-chan's hand, and helped her down the carriage.

"Ah, it's beautiful..."

This hill has a panoramic view, allowing us to see the city we visited earlier. 

The cityscape, tinged with a madder color, was already remarkably beautiful in the game.

But seeing it in reality made it several times more breathtaking.

"You knew about this place. ...It seems like you're used to this."

Ao-chan looked at me suspiciously with half-closed eyes.

"Have you brought many girls here, earning points or something?"

"I haven't. Bringing you here in this way is a first for me."

"I-is that so?"

It doesn't seem like she's completely indifferent.

Ao-chan is nodding casually. 

Her profile, illuminated by the evening sun as her hair flutters in the wind, looks cute and beautiful. 

I've been thinking about something after the incident with Chrom and the others.

"The battles so far might seem close calls, but even against stronger opponents, I fight with sufficient confidence."

"?" 

"I know that. When you get into the groove, you can defeat enemies."

"But the last time was the most nerve-wracking. While it's reassuring to have allies, entrusting a part to them when it goes wrong, everything collapses instantly. And if the player controlling that character isn't me, relying on allies to some extent is advantageous and risky. I keenly felt that."

Ao-chan continued to face forward, attentively listening to my words.

"Just like how you entrusted the ring to me, I also reconsidered my thoughts when I felt the danger to my life."

"Thoughts?"

"Yes." 

If you die, you disappear. People and their possessions alike.

That's the principle of this world.

As Ao-chan said it was lonely, if something unlikely happened, leaving behind what you hold onto at the moment of disappearance might leave regrets. 

I started thinking that way.

"Um, could you listen to me?"

I hadn't intended to say it. 

Ao-chan is an adult and a teacher, and I thought she might gently avoid my feelings, saying they are temporary to avoid hurting me. 

If that happened, our relationship wouldn't go as smoothly as before, and it would probably become awkward, leading to dissolution.

But...

If I died without saying it, would I be able to accept that? 

Would I be able to say I had no regrets?

"What is it?"

Ao-chan leaned forward, turning towards me. 

Sensing the atmosphere, she closed her lips with a tense expression. Her cheeks were slightly reddened.

If I ever messed up in a quest and disappeared.

I wanted Ao-chan to know my feelings. 

Let's put aside wanting to date, kiss, touch breasts, or have sex. 

I just wanted to convey my feelings.

"Ao-chan."

"Yes..."

"Um, Nakabayashi Aoba-san!"

"Yes!?"

I tightly held Ao-chan's hand, looked her straight in the eyes, and her moist eyes were shaking. 

Ao-chan, sensing the tension, had closed her lips tightly and had a slightly blushing cheek.

If I were to disappear someday due to a mistake in a quest...

I wanted Ao-chan to know my feelings.

More than a noisy heartbeat, I said... 

"I love you! I love you more than anyone else in the world!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test