12 December 2023

Shop 4.2

Test

Chapter 4.2. Skinhead In The Wilderness


Panicking, I checked the container, and my carry bag was safely stored inside. 

Once I took it out and checked its contents, everything seemed to be there. 

Even after taking it out and putting it back in twice, there was no change in my funds, so I breathed a sigh of relief.

What is this 'Set 1' listed on the SHOP list?

I tried pointing at 'Set 1' to see its contents.

The contents were as follows:


Symbols, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Razor, Underpants (Boxer), Inner Shirt (Running), Y-Shirt, Notebook PC, Mechanical Pencil, Ballpoint Pen, Pencil, Utility Knife, Notebook, Eraser, Smartphone, Mobile Battery, Antiperspirant, Stomach Medicine, Anti-Diarrheal Medicine, Cold Medicine, 1-Day Contact Lenses (1-week supply), Carry Bag (Hard Backpack), Business Cards (32), Aluminum Foil, Pocket Tissues (Manga Café Advertisement), Candy (Strawberry), Candy (Lemon), Blanket, Suit Jacket.


Well, this... 

I quickly took out my bag and checked its contents. 

It turned out the contents were the same. 

In other words, when you pack things in a bag, it becomes a set, and the set is added to the SHOP list as a product.

I realized this was a good thing. 

It might not matter much since I can't get Japanese yen.

Until I reach a populated area, I don't know if I can get Japanese yen.

While thinking about that, I took a bite of my sandwich. 

Finally, the sky was gradually getting brighter. 

There's still some time until sunrise, but the surroundings seem visible enough to depart.

With only a PET bottle of tea in hand, I started walking in the direction where I saw light last night, apparently along the cliff. 

I saw no artificial structures in sight for now, but having a destination makes a significant difference mentally.

Despite the scorching sun, walking is bearable if you drink tea and pour water over your head. 

My shoes get worn out, my feet feel like sticks, but my determination hasn't run out. 

So, when I saw a road avoiding a large rock, I couldn't help but shout.

The road, if I can call it that, only continues with rut marks, winding around rocks.

 It seems like something you wouldn't find even on a rural mountain path in Japan, but it's a road nonetheless.

When I saw it, I couldn't help but think there must be people and vehicles.

"If a car passes by, I'll ask for a ride."

Taking a deep breath, I continued walking. 

The direction the road is heading seems to be the same as the direction I'm going. 

Probably the artificial light from last night, likely a town. I didn't feel like waiting for a car that may or may not come.

The road is wide enough for a truck to pass, with ruts. 

While cars can't pass each other on the road, there is plenty of space to pass if you avoid the rocks.

I kept walking relentlessly, occasionally refilling my tea. 

It seems I've been walking parallel to where I've been before. 

If I had moved more towards the wilderness, I might have been able to walk the road earlier.

My luck hasn't changed. I have a consistently unlucky life.

About an hour after getting on the road, 2 men appeared from behind the rocks, slowly blocking my path.

Someone's here!

"Oh, thank goodness! I was lost! Do you know the direction to any town?"

I quickly moved in front of the two, rolling over. With a big sales smile, I addressed them.

Both men had well-defined facial features, and their clothes were somewhat dirty. 

What appeared to be rags could be mistaken for Middle Eastern ethnic clothing. 

Their faces seemed like a mix of Middle Eastern and Western features.

At least they weren't Japanese.

Suddenly, I became anxious about whether they would understand Japanese, but it turned out to be an unnecessary worry.

"Oh... lost, huh? That's tough."

The tall, blond man spoke first.

"Oh, absolutely tough. Getting lost in a place like this could mean death."

The short man with dull green hair followed. Was it dyed?

"Yeah, I really thought I might die like this."

I tried to maintain a polite tone with a sales smile, but something seemed off. 

The danger alarms I've developed throughout my life started ringing at full blast.

"Oh, and there's only one guy who looks well-dressed. Some noble or big merchant, huh?"

"There's no way an ignorant guy like him can survive alone in a place like this."

Looking closely, the blond man had a large scar on his face. Not like a trace of a traffic accident, more like a sword wound. 

The deep green-haired man's gaze was unusually fierce, almost like a criminal.

Furthermore, both of them slowly drew knives from their waists. Covered in scars and dull, the length extended only to their elbows or fingertips. But those thick metal objects were undoubtedly weapons.

I unconsciously took a step back.

"Oops, this is a dead end, you know?"

As I turned around at another voice from behind, a bald man carrying a short spear on his shoulder was grinning.

The path was blocked.

Of course, I could go in another direction, but in the wilderness with many rocks and dry shrubs, they would catch up instantly. 

If I went to the cliffside, the only option would be to jump and escape.

"Uh, well, you see, I'm actually stranded, and I have nothing with me..."

"Huh, you probably have an item bag hidden somewhere, right? Merchants and nobles are always cautious."

My impromptu lie was denied, mixed with unfamiliar words.

"Item bag?"

"I don't care about the wording. There are coin purses that can hold dozens of times the usual amount, and there are bags that can hold dozens of items. In the end, as long as it turns into money, it's good."

"Quietly leave all your belongings behind, and maybe we'll let you live."

All three of them chuckled with vulgar laughter.

Even if I handed over all the money I had, I could only see a future where I'd be killed in the end. 

I didn't know if robbery and murder were worth it, but it was a common crime even in the back alleys of New York. 

If I wasn't in Japan, anything could happen.

More than the mystery of Japanese being understood, I was suddenly faced with a life-or-death situation. 

Damn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test