12 December 2023

Bottom Tier 42

Test

Consolidating Feelings


It's been a week since then, and Ao-chan and I have been going our separate ways. 

Still unable to sort out my feelings from the previous battle, I spent my time taking random quests and checking out equipment for sale in different towns. 

I didn't have any particular desires or goals; I was wandering aimlessly. 

The sense of loss couldn't be easily distracted.

But I had managed to tame it to the point where it only surfaced occasionally. 

It's probably something that will never completely disappear or be forgotten. 

It seems we have to keep going like this.

Returning to the inn, I bumped into Ao-chan unexpectedly, and we exchanged brief nods.

"Oh, tomorrow, right?"

"Y-yes. Should we meet in front of the inn?"

"Y-yeah."

Returning to my room, I tried on the new robe I bought right after making the request.

"I wonder if this is okay..."

Tomorrow is my day off, and my date with Ao-chan.


◆ One week ago ◆

Ao-chan asked me to do something, and I made a suggestion.

"Well then, how about going on a date next time?"

Steam rose from Aoi-chan's head, and her ears turned red.

"S-sure...? Just a little bit... S-so, let's do that..."

Ao-chan, with blinking eyes and awkward movements due to nervousness, left the room. 

She stumbled into an empty space, almost tripping.

With a bashful smile, Ao-chan left the room.

I was lost in thought, and I finally snapped back to reality.

I asked on a whim, and she agreed without hesitation.

"Wow. A date with Ao-chan...! I need to buy clothes!"

I checked my wallet and immediately rushed out of the inn.


◆ Nakabayashi Aoi ◆

Returning to her room, Aoi confirmed the contents of her wallet.

She had been asked on a date, and she agreed to it.

After a moment of excitement, she felt ticklish and warm. 

Her heart continued to beat fast during that time.

She had strolled through the town, played by the sea.

But being asked on a date and agreeing to it was a first.

"Heh, I need to buy clothes!"

Making a commotion with her footsteps, she suddenly calmed down.

If it were to be known that she was panicking because of being asked on a date, it would be a blow to her dignity as the older one. 

She needed to take it slow and elegantly.

"I-it's not like I've never been on a date before..."

The lack of experience made her feel embarrassed, and she almost kneeled unintentionally.

"But, even if it's a date, Minato-kun is a high school student... It's more like an age-appropriate, typical extension of play. I don't need to put in too much effort. Yeah, yeah. If I try too hard, he might be put off."

She sat on the bed, swinging her legs nervously.

"Wow. A date with Minato-kun...! I need to buy clothes!"

A voice came faintly from the next room.

"I-is he serious about doing something proper!?"

What does "something proper" even mean? 

She understood it as doing something different from usual, especially in fashion.

The door to the next room opened, and the sound of hurried footsteps in the corridor could be heard.

"I need to go too—"

Hoping not to run into each other, Aoi left the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test