23 December 2023

Shop 11

Test

Chapter 11. Noriben In The Wilderness


"...Kira, ...Akira!"

My consciousness slowly awakens.

"You finally woke up. Seriously, you're so careless not to lock the door."

Hagg, sitting on the floor with a sigh mixed in.

"It's already night. Did you get that tired?"

I force my heavy head to rise.

"It seems like I've relaxed. In my previous world, I only slept for four hours a day."

"What's that, some kind of priest training?"

I take out a PET bottle and sip water.

"No, I worked for a crappy company. Low salary and unpaid overtime are a given, complain a little, and you'll be handed over to the complaint processing department. Once you go on a business trip, you're forced to greet people unbelievably, then thrown into sales even if it's not your specialty. On top of that, the business hotels are the worst, and in the end, it's like a fire hazard."

As I express my bitterness, Hagg seems to join in, responding with a bitter expression.

"It seems the world you were in was a really bad one."

"Only around me."

"Hmm... well, forget about your original world. Now, if you act as a follower of the gods, it should be fine."

"That doesn't really make sense to me."

"I can't take care of that. While you're in this town, I'll listen to your problems... By the way,"

Hagg's smile becomes more menacing.

Did I do something?

"Sell me those meat buns and cutlet sandwiches! Three of them!"

"Oh, that... got it, 1137 yen."

"No need for change."

Saying that, he gives me a silver coin and 15 copper coins. 

A profit of 13 yen. 

My remaining balance is 10027 yen. 

I take out three cutlet sandwiches and hand them to Hagg.

-Divinity level has increased to 3-

-Container capacity has become 20 -

Oh.

"... Hagg, the divinity level thing increased again."

"Hmm?"

The dwarf, pouring sake from a small barrel into a wooden cup, raised his head.

"What's this divinity level thing?"

"I want to know too..."

But somehow, I understand.

If this divinity level increases, I'll be able to buy more and more valuable things.

The container is straightforward.

I haven't tested it, but the storage capacity has increased.

If I'm going to do business, this is reassuring.

"Well, I'll check that later. I also want to eat something. Oh, can you provide noriben?"

-Approval granted. SHOP items have increased-

Oh.

I immediately checked the list, and 'Noriben = 478 yen' has been added.

So I purchase it. Remaining balance: 9549 yen.

"What's that?"

"This is noriben. It was the most popular bento in my previous country."

Salmon, chikuwa tempura, shishito tempura, kinpira gobou, pickled cucumber, and of course, rice wrapped in seaweed, with konbu tsukudani subtly visible.

It was quite luxurious.

"That's not rice, is it? Unusual."

"Do you know it?"

"It seems to be a favorite in an island nation beyond the far eastern sea. I've never been to that island nation, though."

An island nation beyond the far east, it somehow reminds me of Japan.

"Is that Japan or Nippon or Nihon or something like that?"

"No, it's the Kingdom of the Sword Saint, Vajra. Does that ring a bell?"

"...No, it doesn't matter."

A disappointed yet relieved expression. 

How would my feelings change if he had said it was Japan?

Let's stop thinking about meaningless things. 

It's a waste of time.

"Anyway, it looks delicious. Can I have a bite?"

"What? Are you daring to take sake from a dwarf?"

"Just a taste."

"Hmph. Just one sip, then."

Reluctantly, he hands me the cup, which is mostly empty. 

He seems to have downed it in an instant. 

I roll the remainder on my tongue. 

The strong alcohol pierces through my nasal passage.

"Well... it's okay."

"What? This is the best sake around here! And you call it just okay!"

"I didn't mean any harm. Hmm, can I conjure something?"

I try thinking of the name of a certain famous whiskey. 

-Under consideration... insufficient divinity level-

"Insufficient divinity level..."

"Tasty... do you have any more sake?"

Hagg's eyes sparkle.

Did they just sparkle for a moment... did something reflect in them?

"That sake is not bad, but I know a more profound one."

Actually, Japanese whiskey has become a bit of a trend worldwide, winning top spots in contests. 

It's expensive, but it's delicious.

"Meat buns are good, but I can't stay silent when I hear about delicious sake. Let's somehow get our hands on it."

"Probably, if I increase my god level, I'll be able to get it eventually."

"Good, until you can get it, let's travel together."

A quick decision.

"I haven't decided on my plans yet..."

"Then decide quickly. Oh, I've decided to help out at the blacksmith here for a while. At first, I joked about getting one silver coin a day, but as soon as they saw my skills, they raised it to five coins! For now, you can earn money here. Meat buns... and cutlet sandwiches are delicious too."

"That's fine, but I also want to try the food in this world."

"At the very least, isn't there something tastier than a cutlet sandwich? Market research, I suppose."

"I see. It's the nature of a merchant. Okay, then, I'll order a cutlet sandwich at night, so make sure you're at the inn."

"Got it."

After Hagg left the room, I complained a bit to the symbol, saying, "This is too unpredictable.", and then decided to go back to sleep.

The bed, after a long time, warmly welcomed my second round of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test