26 December 2023

Seeker 266

Test

Chapter 266. Boat Date


We rowed two boats and left the harbor of the coastal town of Baren.

Wind and I were in the same boat, while the other had Yuzuki and Rebecca-san.

On this boat, of course, I was the one rowing. 

Even though Kazane-san has the seeker's ability and could easily handle the oars, I believe that physical labor like this is a man's role.

As for Wind, she sat across from me in a lovely swimsuit.

She smiled and seemed to be in a very good mood.

"Hehe. Doing this makes it feel like we're on a date, doesn't it, Daichi-kun?"

"W-Well, yes."

I replied nervously while rowing the boat in my swim trunks.

Our boat, with the two of us, left the harbor and rowed into the open sea.

About an hour of rowing would bring us to a rocky area called Mermaid Rock.

Rebecca-san and Yuzuki's boat was also close by, so the expression 'just the two of us' wasn't entirely accurate. 

However, sitting face-to-face in a small boat naturally created that feeling.

"Daichi-kun, are you nervous?"

"Yes. I'm always nervous when it's just Kazane-san and me."

"And what about with Hotaru-chan?"

"With Yuzuki... well, we're quite comfortable with each other."

As I answered, Kazane-san crossed her arms and looked thoughtful.

"That's it, huh? I always feel like I'm making you uneasy, Daichi-kun. I appreciate the consideration, but it creates a sense of distance."

"Distance, you say. I don't think..."

"You don't think so? There's still a wall between you and me, Daichi-kun. At least, that's how it looks to me."

"..."

Indeed, Wind gives off a vibe that suggests I shouldn't treat her as casually as I do with Yuzuki. 

There's a fear that I might accidentally hurt Kazane-san in some way. Handling her delicately, as if she were fragile, is something I find myself doing, perhaps unconsciously. 

But why?

"... I'm probably afraid of being disliked by you, Kazane-san."

"Do you think I would dislike you?"

"I get a little scared at the thought of doing something that might hurt you."

"Well, maybe I bear some responsibility for that. It means I haven't gained your trust, huh?"

"No, it's not..."

"No, it's okay. Maybe that's really it. It feels like I'm being unfair compared to Hotaru-chan. I can't emit an aura to Daichi-kun that says, 'Treat me however you want. I'm fine with it'. It's tricky."

Kazane-san fell into thought with those words.

Unsure of how to respond, I continued rowing.

With the seeker's power, the boat was moving at a considerable speed over the sea.

After a moment of silence, Kazane-san brought up something unexpected.

"Hey, Daichi-kun. How about trying to address me without honorifics?"

"Without honorifics?"

"Yeah. Try calling me Kazane without any honorifics."

"Uh... that feels really awkward. It's so uncomfortable..."

"Try your best to get through it. Come on, go ahead."

"Ugh... O-Okay, Kazane."

"Wooah!!"

The moment I used her name without honorifics, Kazane-san's cheeks instantly turned red, and she squirmed in her seat.

After a while of floundering, she showed signs of catching her breath.

"Ha... Ha... D-Daichi-kun, one more time. Please, one more time."

"Uh... O-Okay. K-Kazane."

"Aaaah!! I-I can die happy now... bliss..."

"Um... Can you not die, please?"

"Daichi-kun, I love you too!"

"Whoa, wait, it's dangerous, it's dangerous...!"

Suddenly, Kazane-san dived towards me and hugged me. 

The boat rocked a bit, but I managed to stabilize it.

She was in a swimsuit, so the sensation and warmth of Kazane-san's skin directly got transmitted to me. 

It wasn't much different from being hugged naked. This is dangerous in various ways.

To dispel my impure thoughts, I rowed the boat with a clear mind.

So, from now on, I will refer to Kazane-san as Kazane without honorifics, as she requested. She also suggested dropping the formal language. 

Well, if I'm the one creating a barrier, adjusting my language might be effective. 

It feels awkward, but for Kazane-san's sake... at Kazane's request, I'll give it a try.

And so, with various exchanges like that, we rowed our boat across the open sea. 

We eventually reached the landmark, Mermaid Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test