26 December 2023

Seeker 265

Test

Chapter 265. Boat Ride Rights


After a short while, we left the fairy-operated swimsuit shop (?) in the dungeon and walked down the sloping road towards the pier. 

Our equipment had returned to its usual appearance. 

By chanting, "Form Change, Normal Form" while I'm in swimsuits reverts them to their original state.

"But senpai, collapsing and spouting a nosebleed? Isn't that from the manga a decade ago?"

Walking beside me, Yuzuki peeks into my face, giggling and teasing. 

For me, there's nothing to do but feel awkward.

"Well, what can you do? If you're shown the incredibly cute swimsuit of my two girls at the same time, you'd overheat, right?"

"Ah... I-is that so...? If it's Kazane-san's captivating swimsuit figure, I guess it can't be helped."

"You too, you too. Your swimsuit figure is incredibly cute too. Acknowledge that you're an attractive girl."

"Wha...?! Senpai, did you treat me like a guy?"

"N-no, it's just that, being boyish and having an incredibly cute and attractive girl in a swimsuit are not mutually exclusive."

"Waah...! Senpai, are you praising me or what?"

"Uh, am I praising you with this?"

"Ugh, why does it always have to be Hotaru-chan~! I want to have that kind of flirtatious time with Daichi-kun!"

"I'm completely left out, but that's the toughest part for me..."

While arguing with Yuzuki, Rebecca-san and Kazane-san injected some comments from the side. 

Rebecca-san seemed indifferent, especially compared to Kazane-san, who had a well-established character or position.

As for Yuzuki, despite teasing me herself, she blushed explosively.

Heheh, serves her right.

Amidst the commotion, we eventually reached the pier.

Rebecca-san negotiated with the harbor personnel and secured a boat. 

There were two hand-rowed boats for two people each. 

We planned to use them to go out to sea and head towards the landmark, the Mermaid Rock.

I've never been on a hand-rowed boat, but, like riding, it seemed like something I could handle without any problems. 

It must be within the defense range of the Seeker's ability.

Although I felt a bit uneasy about going to sea in this boat, even if it overturned, I could easily handle it with Aqua Form. 

Just to be sure, before getting on the boat, I transformed back into Aqua Form and dived into the sea.

For some reason, I could indeed breathe underwater. 

Moreover, swimming felt so smooth that I wondered if I had turned into a fish. 

There was absolutely no problem with underwater activities.

I even thought that maybe I didn't need the boat at all.

By the way, Aqua Form doesn't work effectively in places that aren't considered "suitable for swimsuits," and equipment properties like defense are lost. Specifically, underwater, at the beach, on a ship, etc.

"It's difficult to draw a clear line, but underwater is definitely reliable. If you're uneasy on land, it's better to fight in Normal Form.", said Dungeon Fairy No. 2.

The monsters I've tamed depend on my condition. 

When I'm in Aqua Form, Griffin can also move underwater.

After confirming the performance of Aqua Form, I surfaced and decided to board the boat. But a problem arose here.

"Whether Daichi-kun rides with me or Hotaru-chan, that's the question."

"Yeah, it's quite important here."

"Hotaru-chan, any intention to yield?"

"None. We should decide this fairly."

Since there were two two-person boats, sparks flew over who would pair up with me. 

Whether Kazane-san or Yuzuki would be on the boat with me.

"Well, let's compromise. I'll pair up with the boy..."

""That's a no.""

"...Yes."

Rebecca-san's proposal immediately got rejected.

Rebecca-san looked dejected.

That's despite being the client for this quest.

"Well, how about deciding with rock-paper-scissors?"

"Sounds good. That way. No hard feelings. Let's do it."

"Ready, set—rock, paper, scissors, shoot! It's a tie! It's a tie!"

"All right!"

"Ugh... I lost..."

Kazane-san thrusts her fist into the air towards the sky, and Yuzuki kneels down, disappointed.

The trophy of riding with me went to Kazane-san, the winner of rock-paper-scissors. 

I can't help but wonder when my position became like this. 

It's strange.

And so, the 2 of us rowed the 2 boats and set off from the pier of the port town Baren.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test