20 December 2023

Seeker 261

Test

Chapter 261. Earth Dragon's Nest (2)


We closed the distance with the dragon in an instant, using the agility of high-level seekers enhanced by the [Quickness] effect. 

The Earth Dragon also began to move. 

It flapped its wings and soared to the dome's ceiling, which had a high ceiling, and approached us by gliding towards us in a spiral motion.

Same old pattern.

Both the Aerial Dragon and the Fire Dragon had similar initial movements. They would ascend, fly towards us, and the subsequent action would most likely be predictable. 

By that time, we had already stopped moving, preparing for magical spells and ranged attacks.

Timing the moment when the Earth Dragon came into range, Kazane-san and Yuzuki launched their attacks.

"If it's an earth attribute opponent, even my magic should do a bit—[Gale Slash]!"

"Pierce through, Arrow of Ice! Fenrir Arrow!"

The entire body of the swiftly approaching Earth Dragon got enveloped in a whirlwind, with countless blades tearing through its scales. Simultaneously, ice arrows struck, blooming an icy flower on the dragon's chest.

However, the dragon shook off those damages and charged forward with the same momentum. 

It opened its large mouth and released a concentrated mass of energy.

"Kuu...!"

A torrent of energy, including numerous stone projectiles, engulfed Kazane-san, Yuzuki, and me. 

The Griffin, having evacuated into the air, remained uninvolved.

The Earth Dragon's special ability: Earth Breath. 

Except for being an earth attribute, it had the same effect as the Wind Breath of the Aerial Dragon and the Fire Breath of the Fire Dragon.

Those are extremely powerful medium-range attacks.

Jump up, fly towards us, and the first move is the dragon's special breath attack. 

After that, it would land and unleash a relentless series of attacks with claws and fangs. 

It's the same standard pattern as in previous dragon battles.

Well, it's simple but powerful.

With this brute force, an ordinary seasoned adventurer party would suffer devastating damage. 

However, we are already level 43-44.

Our foundation and basic strength are different.

Receiving the dragon breath attack would cause some damage.

But it was far from catastrophic. 

In my case, with the Earth attribute damage reduction effect of Gaia Armor and Gaia Helm, the damage seemed surprisingly low.

It felt like being gently blown by a breeze.

Well, that might be an exaggeration.

But it was indeed an ordinary level of damage.

Receiving seven or eight hits without healing might be dangerous.

But that's about it.

In addition, this time, I deliberately delayed the activation of attack magic and waited for it.

Since my attack magic is of the earth attribute, I thought it might not be very effective against the Earth Dragon.

"[Area Earth Heal]!"

As planned, I activated an area-of-effect healing spell.

Healing light rose from the ground, enveloping me, Wind Sound, and Yuzuki at our feet.

As a result, it seemed that Wind Sound and Yumitsuki had recovered most of the damage they had taken.

As for me, I felt as if my HP had fully recovered.

Seeing that the breath attack did not achieve significant results, the Earth Dragon seemed to show frustration— or at least that's how it appeared.

I can't be sure. 

It's highly likely just my imagination.

However, the Earth Dragon landed not in front of Yuzuki or Kazane-san but in front of me.

Then, it began a fierce assault with sharp claws and fangs directed at me.

"Hah, so you're coming at me!"

If this dragon possesses intelligence, it might have considered eliminating me first as the healer.

My heart danced.

The massive dragon's attacks with claws and fangs struck my body forcefully.

I don't possess the extraordinary agility of Kazane-san.

Dodging the agile dragon's relentless attacks proved impossible for me, and I took the brunt of most of them.






But now, I have Gaia Armor and Gaia Helm. 

In addition, I have high durability, protection from [Protection], and defense from my shield. 

As a result, I don't take much damage. 

I feel like I could endure for about a minute without healing at this level.

Rather than using healing repeatedly, it seemed much safer to defeat it quickly before it unleashed the next breath attack.

"─[Three Strikes]!"

Three consecutive thrusts from the magic-flamed spear in my hand fiercely pierced the Earth Dragon's torso. 

The Earth Dragon seemed to have higher defense compared to the Aerial Dragon and Fire Dragon.

But there was no significant meaning in such subtleties, the sensation of significantly reducing the opponent's durability transmitted through my hands.

"─Yaaah!"

"Keep going, Fenrir Arrow!"

"Kuaah!"

Kazane-san, Yumitsuki, and the Griffin, each launched their attacks against the dragon. 

The Earth Dragon tried to attack me, but I didn't take significant damage from its attempts. 

The battle outcome became clear, and it didn't take long to conclude.

"Remaining HP is below 300!"

"Alright! Yuuki and Griffin, stop your attacks! Either Kazane-san or I will finish it!"

"""Understood!"""

"Kuaah!"

Yuzuki's attacks with Fenrir Bow ceased, and the Griffin retreated from the close combat range. 

Controlling who delivers the finishing blow—there was plenty of room for adjusting experience points.

"Go, [Three Strikes]!"

"Haaaah!"

My skill attack and Kazane-san's continuous attacks with dual short swords pierced through the Earth Dragon's body. 

In the next moment, the giant dragon with brown scales turned into a black mist and dispersed.

Large magic stones fell to the ground.

Earth Dragon, defeated.

It might not have taken more than thirty seconds since the start of the battle—maybe even less than twenty seconds.

"Yay!"

"Kuaah, Kuaah ♪"

I gave a high-five to Kazane-an and Yuzuki. 

I also petted the Griffin, who approached.

Rebecca-san, who had evacuated outside the hall, came over after seeing the end of the battle.

"Heh... I thought that young boys could handle dragons, but I never expected it to be such an easy victory. Truly unexpected, you guys are amazing."

"Well, this is our 3rd dragon battle, so we're used to it."

"Huh...? The 3rd dragon battle!? What on earth is going on..."

Rebecca-san looked bewildered as she stared at us.

Later, after a few hours of travel, we successfully conquered the Earth Dragon's Nest. 

When we exited the cave and took in the fresh air outside, the sky had already turned the color of sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test