14 December 2023

Seeker 257

Test

Chapter 257. At the Tavern


After completing the raid quest to subdue the Killer Ants and returning to the tavern at night, I observed the atmosphere of the place. 

While I was absentmindedly watching over Kazane-san and Yuzuki, who were flirting with each other, like a predator and prey, I was thinking about the results of today's battle.

The monetary rewards from this quest, including the exchange value of magic stones, exceeded 400 gold coins for the entire party. Considering that we earned more than 4 million yen in a single day, it was quite an astonishing amount.

The mission was also smoothly cleared when we reported the completion to the Adventurer's Guild.


───────────────────────

Mission Complete! Cleared the Raid Quest once!

The entire party gained 20,000 experience points each!

Achieved more Killer Ant subjugations than the special mission!

Killer Ant (Normal) (100) × 69 = 6,900

Killer Ant Soldier (500) × 11 = 5,500

Killer Ant Mage (500) × 7 = 3,500

Killer Ant Queen (10,000) × 1 = 10,000

The entire party gained 25,900 experience points each!

Earned the Special Mission: Clear 3 new Raid Quests (total experience gained: 70,000)!

Current Experience:

Musou Daichi: 78,6254/81,3032 (To the next level: 26,778)

Kodachi Kazane: 77,4146/81,3032 (To the next level: 38,886)

Yuzuki Hotaru: 88,0071/91,4112 (To the next level: 34,041)

───────────────────────


Total experience gained: 45,900 points.

As the results of the missions were completed in a single day, it was quite an accomplishment. 

Moreover, the experience gained from defeating regular monsters was also substantial.

 In total, each of the three of us gained over 60,000 experience points.

Compared to before the quest, Yuzuki remained at level 44. 

But both Kazane-san and I each leveled up by one, reaching level 43.

I had initially thought gaining only 20,000 points from the Raid Quest was a bit disappointing.

But in hindsight, taking on the quest was the right decision.

While lost in such thoughts, four men who had been drinking at another table caught my attention as they stood up and approached us.

To my surprise, they were members of the adventurer party Dawn Warriors, whom we had rescued from the Killer Ant Queen.

"Oh, these guys were here too."

Feeling a bit bothered by the encounter, I signaled Kazane-san and Yuzuki, who were still engaged in playful banter, about the approaching men. 

The two noticed and hastily adjusted their postures, they were coming closer to me as if fleeing.

"Um, is there something you need?" 

Kazane-san asked, her voice carrying a hint of caution.

The men visibly trembled at her words. 

Odd...?

Afterward, the men started pushing something back and forth among themselves.

"Hey, you say it!" "Stupid, it's the leader's job at times like this." "Right. The leader's responsibility." "Ah, you guys. Damn it, fine, I got it."

Eventually, the man wielding an axe stepped forward. 

He was the party leader of Dawn Warriors.

He scratched his cheek with his index finger and, looking around nervously, spoke.

"N-no, it's not like we have any business or anything... It's just that, you know, we haven't properly thanked you yet. So... because of you guys, we survived. We appreciate it. Thank you."

Surprised, I hadn't expected gratitude. 

Well, if he says so.

I responded to the man. 

"Yes, I'm glad we could rescue you safely. Even for adventurers, it feels uncomfortable to see someone die right in front of us."

"R-really? Well, that's all. We've properly thanked you. See ya."

The men returned to their table, seemingly just coming to express their gratitude.

However, at that moment, I couldn't resist and blurted out.

"Oh, by the way, can I ask one more thing?"

As I stopped them from leaving, the men, who had turned their backs to go, shivered again.

"W-what... could it be?"

The axe-wielding man turned back with an unintentional change to formal language, likely recognizing us as a group of formidable individuals. 

He was still anxious, probably remembering how he had mocked us earlier.

Well, why did I stop them?

No, there was intent behind it.

However, it's just boasting in the end.

Nevertheless, I can't help it since I've already stopped them.

I decided to go through with it.

I beckon Kazane-san and Yuzuki, who is watching me with curious expressions, and pull the two surprised individuals into an embrace with both arms.

"Nya?" 

"Fue?"

Ignoring the bewildered reactions of the two, I turn to the men from Dawn Warriors and convey the following.

"Let me say this again. As you can see, these two are my women. While you might have meant it as a joke, if you say anything that bothers them, honestly, it stirs up murderous intent in me. Could you please refrain from making such comments in the future?"

"Y-yes! We won't do it again!"

The men straightened their backs and vowed in unison.

Oh well, I've said it now. Since we've come this far, let's flaunt our superiority a bit.

"I hope you understand. Let's continue to cooperate as fellow adventurers."

"Yes! Thank you!"

With that shout, the men hurriedly retreated to their table, as if fleeing.

All's well that ends well.

Relieved, I sigh, and Kazane-san and Yuzuki in my arms speak up.

"Daichi-kun, you called us your women again~. It's true."

"It's kinda refreshing for the senpai to say something arrogant."

"Well, you know. If I say that, maybe they won't bother us with weird stuff in the future."

"Ehehe, that's right~. Then, as Daichi-kun's woman, I'll stick close. Stick close~."

"Similarly, as senpai's woman, I'll stick close too. Stick close~."

With that, Kazane-san's playful attention shifted to me, and the now-liberated Yuzuki also joined in teasing me.

I instantly felt an overflow of happiness, as if I had ascended to heaven.

Additionally, Griffin chirped, "Kupi, Kupi," and jumped into our midst, as if saying, "Include me too."

With the addition of fluffy cuddles from Griffin, things got so pleasant that I lost track of what was happening.

Then one night.

And so, just like this, another day in our otherworldly lives passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test