02 December 2023

Seeker 250

Test

Chapter 250. The Start Of The Exploration


The slope of the tunnel, descending diagonally, was initially quite steep. 

Gradually, it became gentler, and after a while, it transformed into a nearly flat path. 

I walked ahead with a lantern, accompanied by Kazane-san walking beside me. 

Behind us, Yuzuki followed, holding a torch.

"It feels like we've become overconfident youngsters who talk big." 

Yuzuki muttered.

I responded with just my voice, keeping my gaze forward. 

"Yeah, that's partly intentional. Didn't like it?"

"Not at all. Those guys are annoying, and it's just right to handle them like that."

"I agree. Let's continue with this bold approach. I don't want to get along with those guys." 

Kazane-san's voice turned sharp around the mention of "those guys". 

It seemed she found being stared at and talked about quite unpleasant.

"Yeah, yeah, Kazane-san-san is right. We belong to senpai, we'd rather give everything to senpai than be stared at by them. If it comes to that, senpai can have it all."

"That's right. We belong to Daichi-kun. I don't even want those guys to imagine anything about us. It gives me the chills." 

"Well, I'm glad you say so, but aren't you not mine too? Kazane-san is Kazane-san, and Yuzuki is Yuzuki, not who you belong to. If you're talking about being partners, I understand."

"That's it. Daichi-kun, you know that even if I don't tell you. That's why I can trust you with my life.

"That's what I mean. That's why you can use us as your lapdog."

It seemed being looked at and talked about was really annoying.

"Yuzuki, stop tempting me during the adventure. I'm not your big brother anymore."

"Hyaa, scary! Kazane-san, senpai, the big bad wolf is coming to attack us!"

"We could be eaten together. Yoyoyoy!"

"Um, yes, please stop. We're on an adventure. Don't stimulate my desires," I pleaded.

Honestly, it's hard to endure. 

But still, it's nice that there are no annoying guys around. 

Spending time with these two is the best after all.

"Kupikupi!"

As if the griffin read my thoughts, it made a protesting sound. 

Yeah, yeah, you too.

Well, leaving that aside, since we are out of sight, let's touch on the details of the mission a bit.

"I want to defeat as many Killer Ants as possible here because of the special mission."

The special mission this time is an achievement-oriented one where I gain more experience points the more Killer Ants I defeat. 

As a party within the raid, I want to defeat as many Killer Ants as possible while making reasonable moves and increasing the acquired experience points.

But Kazane-san interjected with a question. 

"But Daichi-kun, isn't that ultimately up to luck? It's not like you can do something about it just because you're a high level."

"That's the thing. Well, there's a bit of room for tricks."

"Tricks? But even aside from the mission, it might be nice to defeat a lot. I want to defeat more Killer Ants than them and show off the magic stones we've gathered."

"Yeah, I understand, Kazane-san. I really want to see their frustrated faces."

Yuzuki also agreed. In this case, "those guys" refers to the entire raiding party, especially the Dawn Warriors. 

Although almost all raid members are similar, that four-person group is particularly bad.

Even among those raid members, if you had to pick someone decent...

"Well, Gadol-san is not that bad, I think."

"Yeah, but he's the only one who's decent. Oh, it seems like a guest has arrived already."

As Kazane-san spoke, we prepared for battle. 

A few seconds later, a group of Killer Ants appeared from the curved tunnel. 

Three normal Killer Ants and, in addition, one Killer Ant Magician walking upright with a staff behind the regular ones.

"A Killer Ant Magician."

"The one Gadol-san warned us about."

I placed the lantern on the ground and prepared my spear and shield. Right next to me, Kazane-san crouched low, holding 2 daggers. 

From behind, I could hear Yuzuki's sound of pulling the Fenrir Bowstring.

The battle began.

***

Meanwhile...

In another hole separate from Daichi and his group, members of the adventurer party Dawn Warriors advanced through the tunnel passages carved by Killer Ants in the earth. 

Clad in their armaments, 4 male adventurers discussed the young adventurers who had joined the raid.

"That harem guy is getting too cocky. What's with the 'If we think we can beat her, can we take down the Queen alone?' nonsense? Is he an idiot?" The leader, a man wielding an axe, voiced his discontent, followed by other members expressing their displeasure towards the arrogant youngsters.

"No kidding. That girl in all black with the weird getup was talking big in the guild too."

"But that girl, as cheeky as she is, has a great body, doesn't she?"

"I agree. I want to make a cheeky girl like her moan in bed."

"I prefer the other kid, the wizard. Hehehe."

"You're still into Lolis, huh? Alright, here they come, the ant bastards."

The adventurers continued their senseless banter while progressing through the passage.

They unexpectedly came face to face with a group of Killer Ants that approached from the front. 

There were three regular Killer Ants and one standing upright with a staff.

"Ugh, a Magician is with them."

"Seriously? We got a bad draw right from the start."

"Tch, can't be helped. Let's do this. Don't mess up, you bastards!"

"Yeah!"

The adventurers initiated combat with the swarm of Killer Ants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test