22 December 2023

Musou Slime 4

Test

4. VS Goblin


Speaking of goblins, they are relatively strong monsters in this grassland area. 

Their strength is incomparable to slimes. 

With a belligerent nature, slimes would be crushed while fleeing. 

While their intelligence may not be much compared to humans, among weak monsters, goblins rank higher.

Today, I reached level 6. Even in terms of strength, I shouldn't lose to that goblin. 

For a safer approach, I should defeat the goblin in human form. 

However, at this moment, there's something I want to try.

If I were to split into 12 slimes, could I defeat the goblin? 

As mentioned earlier, there is a significant power difference between goblins and slimes.

 Simply being humanoid puts me at a disadvantage.

But, that's only the case with regular slimes. 

In my case, I have intelligence, and there are many of me. 

Controlling 12 at once requires considerable effort, 

But with good coordination, our combat strength surpasses that of normal slimes.

In most cases, slimes don't lose in a direct fight; they get defeated while fleeing. 

In the worst case, I can revert to human form, eliminating that risk. Moreover, fighting the goblin in [Mimicry] state yields 12 times the experience points. 

This is incredibly lucrative.

If I can defeat the goblin, I can reproduce that strategy in future battles. The experience gained then would be three times that of slimes—a significant improvement.

Should I take the risk of defeat and challenge the battle, or should I play it safe and fight in human form?

"Of course, I'm doing it!"

I'm weaker than anyone else. 

That's why I need to become stronger faster than anyone else.

If I play it safe here, I'll never become strong! Let's do this!

I use [Mimicry] in the form of slime and immediately use [Split]. 

I, along with 12 slime clones, came into existence.

Oh, I've successfully created 12 of them.

My mind is working normally too. 

It feels refreshing, even though it's just an increase in number!

Alright, my clones! Let's defeat that goblin together!

"Gugegege!"

The goblin notices my presence and runs towards me with a belligerent smile.

Unlike when I'm human, becoming a slime makes me feel smaller, adding a sense of pressure. 

Don't be scared! I must defeat that goblin!

"Kyuu!"

Utilizing my inherent speed, I approach the goblin and deliver a full-force tackle. 

My gelatinous body deforms and rebounds.

Wow, it's tough! 

Although it would be easily cut with a dagger, the slime's body doesn't budge! 

My clones follow with tackles, but we have yet to deal any decisive damage to the goblin.

"Gugge!"

At that moment, the goblin swings its fist, smashing one of the clones. 

A squelching sound and emerald-colored splashes scatter.

One out of the twelve has been defeated! 

As long as the main body, I'm not crushed, my <Slime> will persist, and even if I revert, the damage won't be reflected. 

So, it's not a significant problem.

However, it hurts that our attacks are ineffective, while the goblin's attacks could be fatal to us.

What should I do? 

Should I revert to my original form now?

If each of us is defeated one by one, eventually, the main body, I, will be in danger.

[You slime bastard! From now on, all you can do is run away forever!! In this world, there's no place for weaklings like you!!]

When I realized it, I was recalling Dan's words. A frustrating feeling resurfaces. 

Although there are no teeth in this body, the frustration is making me grit my imaginary teeth.

—Let's fight to the end. I can't lose to such small fry monsters! 

If I run away here, I'll keep losing for the rest of my life! 

Everyone! Keep fighting without giving up! 

I'll show you whether slimes or goblins are more resilient!

Even though the goblins are not affected much by the slime's tackles, it's not like they are completely immune. 

I use my adept high-speed movement to disrupt the goblin, finding openings to attack. It's a hit-and-run tactic!

I focus my consciousness to the maximum on the remaining 11 slimes.

The ground, the goblin's body, and our slime bodies—all are utilized to bounce around like a ball!

We bounce around like mosquitoes in 360 degrees. 

The goblin seems unable to catch up with this speed, hesitating on where to launch its attacks.

"Pigiii (Now)!!"

Taking advantage of the goblin's opening, I tackle. 

Then, I noticed that the goblin's body swayed slightly due to the recoil.

It's a chance! 

Let's overwhelm it in one go!!

"Kyukyukyukyu (This is the end)!!"

We bounce around, delivering a storm-like tackle. 

Attacks from all directions. 

The goblin is helpless against this. 

The openings keep getting larger.

"Gugegegege!!"

At that moment, the goblin's swung arm directly hit one of the clones, and the clone burst like a water balloon. 

That goblin, it's swinging its arms in desperation. 

If I accidentally get hit by that, it's definitely game over.

But if we don't let up on the attack, we can win! 

Even if my comrades are defeated, we continue with the tackles. 

One by one, my comrades are crushed. 

Sometimes, I narrowly avoid getting hit by the main body, letting the clone take the blow.

Approximately 5 minutes have passed in real-time. 

Only I remain.

"It's the finishing blow!!"

A perfect tackle. 

The blow directly hits the goblin's forehead, toppling its giant body as if cutting down a tree.

"Gueee..."

The goblin lets out a small death groan and falls to the ground, motionless.

—I've won!

Immediately releasing [Mimicry], I lie down on the ground. 

I'm quite exhausted, breathing heavily.

"That was close..."

It was a life-or-death battle. 

Because of that, the victory feels like a sense of accomplishment coursing through my entire body.

"Now, how's my status...?"

Just as I was about to check, a voice echoed 


――

You've reached level 7.

The ability of <Slime> has been enhanced.

――

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test