22 December 2023

Musou Slime 3

Test

3. My Leveling Up Efficiency Has Skyrocketed


This development had occurred several times before. 

When leveling up, a voice resonates in my head. 

I think this is something that happened to everyone. 

It's a natural occurrence.

The issue is that my level has increased. 

I hurriedly opened my status.


――

Arx Seirant, 17 years old, male

Level 5

Skills

<Slime>

[Mimicry]... Can change user's own body into slime.

[Split]... Can split the mimicked body. Maximum is 8.

――

"Indeed, my level has certainly gone up..."

The fact that my level had increased was shocking.

I'm an adventurer to some extent. 

I have defeated monsters before.

However, leveling up is not that simple. 

It becomes increasingly difficult with each numerical increase. 

Going from 1 to 2 is easy, but going from 2 to 3 takes significantly more time.

I reached level 4 last year. 

I distinctly remember reaching level 3 at the age of 13. 

It's unusual for a level to increase so much.

Defeating a few slimes shouldn't cause such an increase. 

So, I have these doubts.

"Why did my level go up so quickly...?"

It's strange for it to be a coincidence. 

I furrowed my brow, thinking about what was different this time.

"Oh, right! [Mimicry]!"

The cause became clear immediately.

Until now, I had never fought monsters in the form of a slime.

The only thing different this time is that. 

The reason for my level-up must be there.

"But why does my leveling up get faster in the mimicked form...?"

There are several possible reasons, but the one that makes the most sense is this.

"Could it be... that the experience points double for each split!?"

When people defeat monsters in a party, people other than the one who delivers the final blow can also level up.

That's called experience points among adventurers.

Then, when people defeat a monster, the experience points are distributed to the entire party.

In the same way, if I defeat one slime, each of the 8 duplicates, including me, could gain experience points. 

In simple terms, it's 8 times the experience points.

I defeated one slime in human form and 16 slimes in slime form earlier.

1 + 16 × 8 = 129

I was able to gain the experience points equivalent to 129 slimes.

However, experience point distribution is not such a simple mechanism. 

I get determined by various complex factors such as contribution in battle and the difference in strength with the target monster. 

In fact, I have never received experience points when not participating in the battle.

I still think it's something different from just experience point distribution. This is probably the hidden effect of my skill. 

For now, I decided to conclude it like that.

This is just a hypothesis, but if it's true, it's unbelievable. 

I achieved the same effect as defeating 129 slimes in just 20 minutes.

"Amazing... This is a major discovery!"

Why didn't I notice such a simple thing until now? 

With simple calculations, in the time it took me to defeat one slime before, I can now defeat 8 slimes, earning 64 times the experience points.

"I can do it...! With this, I can catch up to Dan!"

Motivated, I clenched my fist and resumed slime hunting. 

Tackling, dodging, tackling, and searching for another slime.

Humans are simple creatures.

If there is a solid reward, motivation arises. 

I was completely hooked on the charm of 8 times the experience points.

Before I knew it, 3 hours had passed.

 Let's return to my original form for a moment.

"Phew. How about this...?"

Taking a breather, another message flowed into my brain.


――

You've reached level 6.

The ability of <Slime> has been enhanced.

――


Alright, my level has increased! 

I instinctively did a victory pose. 

At the same time, I could address something that caught my attention.

What does 'The ability has been enhanced' mean? 

I checked my status.


――

Arx Seirant, 17 years old, male

Level 6

Skills

<Slime>

[Mimicry]... Can change user's own body into slime.

[Split]... Can split the mimicked body. Maximum is 12.

――


"Ah! The number of [Split] has increased!"

The enhancement of abilities literally means that the skill has been upgraded. 

The drawback was that my thinking became faint when there were more than 8, but now I can split into 12!

And being able to split into 12 has another meaning. 

The speed of defeating slimes is 12 times.

And experience points are 12 times. 

In the time it takes me, in human form, to defeat one slime, I can theoretically defeat 144 slimes.

"Hooray! Being able to level up so efficiently in a day is amazing!"

The enhancement of <Slime> abilities was the first time this happened, but could it become even stronger in the future? 

Actually, I've never heard of a skill getting stronger. 

Even though I'm in my 2nd year as an adventurer, my words might not be convincing.

But such a skill shouldn't have existed until now.

"I don't really understand, but... anyway, getting stronger is a good thing, so I'll take it as a win."

Just as I was about to return to slime hunting, I heard a strange sound.

"Gugegeggg!!"

I hear a choking sound like a strangled chicken. 

If I hear it in this grassland area, there's no mistake.

Dark green skin. A wide, split-mouth grinning. A dwarf about half the height of a human.

It's a goblin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test