30 December 2023

Musou Slime 14

Test

14. Infiltration! Ashen Dungeon!


Venturing outside the town and through the grassy area, a mountain resembling a 30-meter wall towers ahead. The rock-faced mountain has a large cave opening, resembling the mouth of a monster.

"I've finally arrived... the dungeon!"

Armed with equipment, I have finally reached the dungeon. This is my first time coming here.

In my previous party before the exile, I played the role of a lookout, but that was only required in places assuming an overnight stay like forests.

In the dungeon, I would be a burden, so I wasn't allowed to accompany them.

It's nerve-wracking, but according to Sierra, adventurers around my level often come here. This is an essential path to becoming stronger.

Suppressing the pounding of my heart, I pass through the dungeon's entrance.

Inside the dungeon is cave-like. As you go down the floors, monsters become stronger, and the deepest levels are said to be 50 or even 100 floors.

No one knows because the adventurer's highest record is 42 floors.

The dungeon I am currently in is called the "Ashen Dungeon", and there are several dungeons in the entire world. This dungeon is the closest to the town.

"All right, let's get started... Slime!"

Mimicking the form of a slime, they divide! After the last level-up, their numbers increased to 16!

When I give orders to the slimes, they each start moving independently.

In a dungeon where monsters appear in abundance in dim light, it's dangerous not to see the surroundings.

But with Slime, it's okay. Due to my previous role as a lookout, I'm skilled at grasping the positions of monsters from all directions.

I've ordered the slimes to report if they find any monsters. With this, I can fight with peace of mind.

"Pikiiii!!"

It seems I can't waste any more time. One of the duplicates has detected a monster.

Everyone, gather! Let's defeat the monsters in one go!!

Arriving at the scene, one of the duplicates is desperately fleeing from a wolf-man. Is that the dungeon's monster?

Its name is Werewolf, and since it's only on the first floor of the dungeon, it doesn't seem too strong.

All right, everyone! Let's defeat that Werewolf with all 16 of us!

It's more efficient to defeat it in human form, but 16 times the experience is irresistible. Besides, I want to know how strong of a monster a level 3 slime can defeat!

I tackle the Werewolf from behind. Since the Werewolf's height and build aren't much different from a human's, I'm surprised at how broad its back is.

"Gau!?"

The Werewolf staggers. Not missing the opportunity, the duplicates also start their counterattack.

We bounce around the dungeon using the Werewolf's body, like throwing a rubber ball in a confined space.

As expected of level 3 slimes, not only their power but also their speed has significantly increased. We bounce around the dungeon at a whirlwind-like speed.

"This is the finishing blow!!"

A tackle with all my might to the weakened Werewolf's face! The Werewolf falls to the ground like dominoes and dies.

"All right, I won!"

I heard dungeons had high difficulty, so I was expecting something more challenging. It turned out to be surprisingly easy.

Subjectively, it was a bit stronger than a goblin. Still, it's no match for 16 sentient slimes.

However, I can probably say that only up to this point. As you go down the floors, the monsters get stronger. Let's not get cocky and proceed.


――

You have reached level 12.

The abilities of <Slime> have evolved.

――


"Evolution?"

With the number of slimes reaching 16, my leveling-up speed is certainly fast. That's a good thing.

Until now, it was 'strengthening abilities', but this time, it definitely sounded like 'evolving abilities'.

Amidst anticipation and anxiety about what might have changed, I opened the status screen.


――

Arx Seirant, 17 years old, male

Level 12

Skills:

<Slime>

[Slime Tamer]... Can generate level 3 slimes. Maximum of 15.

――


It became a remarkably clear skill section. The wording has been completely rewritten. Everything had changed, and I felt a chill running down my spine.

What is this?! The previous abilities are gone, and strange ones have been added!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test