30 December 2023

Musou Slime 13

Test

13. Dantzel Arms Specialty Store


The next day. After returning to the inn and taking a leisurely rest, I headed out to the town in the morning. 

Clutched in my pocket was a pouch containing the money I had earned in the past two days.

In the battle with Dan, I realized my weakness. That is, my human form—I, in the form of a human, was weak. 

<Slime> is efficient for gaining experience points, but they're useless in combat. Even if the level increases, a slime remains a slime. 

To adventurers, it's nothing more than a weakling. 

Even the Goblins I defeated until yesterday are not considered particularly strong by adventurers.

Without relying on skills, I must become stronger as a human. 

Therefore, to fight on the front lines, I need equipment.

I'll use the money I have now to buy a full set of equipment. 

I'll only have about a tenth of the original amount remaining, but I've been living on zero savings until now, so it should be fine.

"The shop recommended by the guild... was it around here?"

Ortia is a small town compared to the capital. Nevertheless, many people live here, and there are plenty of shops. 

There are even some shops that are said to be like swindlers. 

Since the only weapon I have is a cheap one provided by the guild, this is my first time coming to buy a proper weapon. 

Since I didn't know where to buy equipment, I asked the guild staff.

"...Is it here?"

I entered the shop with a mark where hammers were crossing each other.

"Welcome to Dantzel Arms Specialty Store."

When I nervously opened the door, a large man behind the counter looked at me. 

Even though he was sitting, I quickly realized he was tall. The man, wrapped in armor-like muscles, stroked his calm brown beard and looked at me.

"You're an unfamiliar face. An adventurer?"

"Yes. Should I come back later?"

"No, I welcome you. We have a variety of weapons and armor, so feel free to look around."

With the permission of the hearty shopkeeper, I began to look at the displayed equipment in the store.

"This sword looks nice. The price is... one, two, three zeros..."

It seems I've entered a high-end store. 

I could buy most weapons with the two-day reward, but I was shocked by the high-priced items.

"Huh?"

Panicking and looking around, my eyes went to another booth. 

Although I saw expensive weapons on the table, and items lined up against the wall.

I looked at one of the swords, and its price was much lower than the others.

This, I can afford.

"Hey, did you come to buy the equipment made by my disciple?"

"Disciple?"

"This shop deals only with my weapons and the weapons made by my recognized disciples. However, I also display items made by apprentice disciples. That's why they're cheaper."

I see, so apprentices also sell their products. 

Selling products at a young age makes it easier to build connections when they become independent, or so it seems.

"Are you going to buy my weapon!?"

At that moment, a voice came from behind. I looked, and a girl with pink hair peered at the sword I was holding!

"Irena, you're back?"

"Master! This is the first time someone has taken my equipment in their hands. I can't just stand there!"

The petite girl with pink hair bombarded Dantzel-san with an incomprehensible tone. 

It seems like a really unique character has appeared.

"Did you make this sword?"

"Yeah, sorry for not introducing myself! I am Irina McQueen, the number one future blacksmith! Nice to meet you!"

Irena enthusiastically introduced herself, shaking my hand forcefully.

"So, are you going to buy it? My weapon! And the armor set too!"

"Hold on! I'm still thinking!"

"Do it already! What are you hesitating for, despite being a man? Just buy it already!"

Too forceful.

Somehow, I ended up buying armor along with it.

But, looking at it, the products seem normal. Rather, they are of quite good quality. 

The sword's length is just right, and the armor seems easy to move in even if I wear it.

Could it be that this girl is really amazing? Maybe she's just quirky.

"...Alright, I'll buy it. This sword and the armor as a set."

"Is that okay, kid? Irena has skill, but as you can see, she's quite a wild horse."

"Shut up! Master, be quiet! He said he would buy my equipment himself!"

Irena happily runs around, taking my hand again.

"What's your name?"

"I'm Arx."

"Okay, Arx! Because I'll be the world's number one blacksmith, count on me from now on!"

Irena's hand envelops mine. 

It's small and soft. 

It feels like a girl's hand. 

Although the other party doesn't seem to have such intentions, I can't help but feel a little excited. Embarrassed, I turn my face away. 

For now, I've got my equipment. The next step is a quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test