30 December 2023

Introverted Archer 6

Test

6. Rational Retreat!


"Hey, Eimu-kun, have you ever been to a dungeon? I've been a few times. Ao you can rely on me! Hey, are you listening?"

But this is troublesome. I'm pairing up with Hina for dungeon training.

Just a week ago, I got confronted by delinquents, and if they find out about this, I'll undoubtedly get targeted again.

Hina seems to consider me a friend, but getting involved with her disrupts the peace in my academy life.

Being an archer already attracts attention, and facing unjust treatment on top of that. I want to prevent further deterioration.

"Well then, let's start the dungeon training now! Each group defeats three monsters on the first floor and secures the dropped items. Return when you have three!"

Defeating three monsters on the first floor seems achievable. It's probably set at a level so anyone can accomplish the first dungeon training.

"By the way, Hina, what's your job?"

"I'm a Paladin! Level 3, so I can handle monsters on the second floor!"

Paladin is skilled at protecting allies on the front lines.

Specialized in defense, she should be able to hold her own in a face-to-face battle.

"And Eimu-kun, what's your job?"

"I'm... an Archer."

It feels a bit resistant to reveal that I'm an archer. What if it changes the way people treat me?

"Oh, an archer! We make a good team with a frontline and a backline!"

Huh, surprisingly not making fun of me?

That might be the first time I haven't faced a change in attitude after revealing I'm an archer. It's a strange feeling.

"Okay, let's go too! Forever Friends, let's go!"

Can you stop with that catchphrase?

As we were about to enter the dungeon with a wry smile.

"Oi, Kageyama. Can I borrow a moment?"

My shoulder was firmly grabbed by a strong force. When I turned around, there he was— the delinquent from before.

Was this guy in the same class too!?

"Hoshikake-san. Let me borrow this guy for a bit. What, we're just going to have a peaceful chat."

What do you mean by peaceful? You pushed me around just the other day.

Nevertheless, it seems there's no option to refuse here. Well, let's talk for a bit.

We moved out of Hina's sight and faced each other.

"What. I'll tell you upfront, we're only paired up this time because we happened to be next to each other."

"I get it. To be blunt, when you enter the dungeon, lose sight of Hoshikake-san."

Huh? What are you talking about?

"I want to enjoy dungeon training with Hoshosan. So, you go off by yourself somewhere."

This guy seems to like Hina, huh?

If that's the case, he should say it directly. I don't want him to beat around the bush and inconvenience me on top of it.

"But don't you have a partner too?"

"No. Today happens to be my day off. Besides, it's none of your business. Go hunt slimes in a corner or something."

This guy forced an absence on his partner. He's probably using the same tactics as this morning.

A sudden request. I don't like how he spoke, but surprisingly, it's not a bad deal.

If I'm with Hina, he'll keep following us. In that case, my academy life will continue to be threatened.

However, if I accept his request, at least it'll dispel the suspicion of me being too familiar with Hina.

Defeating three monsters on the first floor can be done alone, and in my case, the bow-chic strategy is more convenient.

"Got it. I'll do that."

"That's good. Well then, I'm counting on you, Introverted-kun."

We agreed, and each of us started the dungeon training.

"Hmm, it seems like everyone is searching in the front. Let's try exploring the back."

Once inside the dungeon, the voices of other students echoed.

Using <Sixth Sense>, even though it seems students are concentrated in the front, there's no doubt.

"Hey, Eimu-kun, is this your first time in a dungeon?"

"Well, something like that."

Even if I suddenly claim to be level 10, no one would believe me.

"I see! If you think it's dangerous, tell me right away! I'll protect you!"

Hina smiled, wielding a large shield with golden patterns.

Hina's smile is cute. Anyone who sees her smile wouldn't feel bad, and she's popular with both guys and girls.

Moreover, thinking about it again, Hina is beautiful. Probably one of the top in the class—no, maybe even in the academy.

Beautiful, kind, and popular. It's the complete opposite of me. Conquering a dungeon with Hina is probably something that would be admired with envy.

—Well, it's not my concern.

<Stealth>

"Hm? Did you say something, Eimu-kun—Oh, wait, Eimu-kun?"

I used the skill to disappear. Successfully separating from Hina.

Now, I need to wander around, casually hunt 3 monsters, and return to the exit.

"Oh, Hoshikake-san!"

At that moment, a delinquent appeared behind Hina.

It might look coincidental, but he probably timed it.

"Oh, Tatsuo-kun. Perfect timing, have you seen Eimu-kun?"

"Well, I haven't seen him... Considering he's that introvert, maybe he got scared and ran away. Moreover, leaving a girl behind!"

That guy, Tatsuo, huh? His tough appearance suits his surname perfectly.

"I don't think so. Maybe he got lost! Tatsuo-kun, who are you paired with?"

"Oh, right, I've been without a partner from the start. More importantly, if Hoshikake-san is alone too, let's explore together!"

"Sure! Since we're here, let's defeat monsters together if we find Eimu-kun!"

Alright, now Hina and Tatsuo's pair is complete.

My role is finally over. Well then, I'll take a stroll—

"Hey, how about we go to the 2nd floor? Since we're here."

Huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test