27 December 2023

Earth Dungeon 118.1

Test

Chapter 118.1. Earth Spider


Sakimori, glaring around, sneers as if mocking. Mana and fighting spirit leak from the ruins building like the glow of neon in the middle of the night.

The number is close to 50. Judging from their size, around 20 of them have high skill levels. About 30 are Skill Level 1. There seem to be no ordinary soldiers. Quite a thick formation of elite soldiers.

"Do you come to invite me to dance with you in spring? But I'm not good at dancing. I'll just watch you dance."

Raising my shoulders slightly, I smirk nihilistically. The gunfire stops, and a man who suffered an unfortunate accident opens his mouth with a resentful look.

"I won't let the Taira family monopolize! I'll kill you here and reduce the method of obtaining potions!"

Spitting, I raise an eyebrow in response to the man's angry shouts. The Taira, huh? Konoha contacted me through Rei several times during the winter, wanting to meet. Shizuku met her a few times as the masked girl and sold potions. When Fuuka visited the headquarters, she also bought potions: two Status Potions and two Skill Level 50% Up Potions, the same as the Taira, of course. I'm a fair trader, so I made it equal. Still, fearing the power of the Taira means they must be doing something extra.

Later, I'll sell potions in abundance to the Minamoto family. It would be comforting if it helps.

"We will be the rulers of this era! Magic attack! Should reach farther than guns!"

"They've learned. They're thinking well."

Confirming those releasing mana from behind the building, I'm impressed.

[Magic Dispel]

A soldier with a staff casts magic. Space warps, and [Powder Snow] is canceled by [Magic Dispel], allowing others to shoot during that time. It's probably not for Powder Snow but more for barrier protection. A well-thought-out coordination.

But it doesn't reach me. With a "twing" sound, the space in front of me distorts and deflects it.

[Magic Hard Skin]

In the end, I used [Magic Hardening Wall]. Powder Snow is probably too weak for [Magic Dispel] by nature.

"What? This guy can create multiple barriers too! [Magic Dispel] and regular magic attacks!"

Instructions come from inside the building, and the one standing on the road runs back inside. Excellent judgment. If a skilled person is hiding their mana, it could be troublesome. Well, I'll have Hanari investigate who can create multiple barriers.

[Master, how will Yukihana-chan move?]

I'm impressed with Yukihana for switching to telepathic communication. She may seem foolish, but when it comes to combat, she's a professional.

[Yukihana-chan can't do area attacks, so be careful. I can only use fake area attacks like [Circle Blade] and [Ice Whip]. That includes magic.]

[A single-target specialization type, huh? That's another weakness besides the [Single Point].]

[Sorry, I've been hiding that.]

Shizuku warns seriously, and Yukihana-chan apologizes with an awkward face. It seems to come with a high destructive power.

[No problem. When an attack that seems to destroy the Jeep comes, protect it. I'll take care of the rest.]

I gather mana to the ruins on both sides with my palms.

[Reactive Flame Wall]

[Reactive Icicle Wall]

I create walls of fire and ice about 5 cm thick in front of the guys with guns near the windows. At Level 4, I can handle the volume of magic with a radius of 5 meters and a height of 10 meters. It's easy to block the windows with thin walls.

"It's a desperate bluff, don't worry! If it's AP bullets, they can easily break through such walls! Shoot!"

The voice of the captain-like figure echoes, and the soldiers raise their guns again.

"No, you better worry."

It's right in front of you. It's better not to hesitate to destroy it. Ignoring my advice, bullets from the soldiers' guns hit the wall.

Boom, boom, boom.

The hit areas explode, blowing away the soldiers in front of me.

"Guha!"

"Gyaah!"

"It exploded!"

As the bullets hit, the wall explodes, blowing away the soldiers who shot the guns in front of me.

"Be careful, Reactive Wall makes the hit area explode."

[As soon as you learned about the explosions, you came up with the idea of creating reactive armor, didn't you?]

"[Exactly. With this, I can offset the enemy's attacks with explosions.]

[I've never seen such magic at Level 4.]

Oh, Shizuku is impressed, and Yukihana-chan sweats. I used the tank's armor as a reference. AP bullets, like Powder Snow, receive an impact and twist their trajectory.

[Magic Dispel]

While retreating in a hurry, several soldiers again use [Magic Dispel] that foolishly consumes mana. The wall gets canceled, but they move away from the window. It's an opening; it's our turn to attack.

[Edge Flame Snake]

Adding sharpness to the flame snake through martial arts. Countless flames with physical sharpness dance in the air and fly into the building.

Most of the blown-away enemies are unharmed. Truly skill holders. Explosions are just a psychological comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test