25 December 2023

Earth Dungeon 117.2

Test

Chapter 117.2. Thaw


"I don't need that kind of evasion. Look at my face and say it again. Repeat after me? Is there absolutely no problem?"

"Nugu... It's from a bet with Shizuku and the others in a match long ago. I lost, and that's how I ended up with this tone and attire. It's still strange, isn't it?"

Serious as ever, Shizuku, don't you think so too?

[Our oath is absolute. Amano Shizuku swears. I won't lie to you, Sakimori-san. I have no memory of a bet match.]

[You're lying right away.]

Can't you stop telling lies like that, Shizuku?

"While I think this all-black attire is suspicious. Don't you think it's more suspicious than a kimono?"

She looks at me with a subtle expression as she tugs at the robe, but that's understandable.

"It's necessary for a hard-boiled guy like me."

[It looks good on you, Sakimori-san, even if it's a bit strange.]

To Yukihana, who tells me firmly, Shizuku shoots a sidelong glance, but I won't compromise. This [Shadow Figure] blocks surveillance and mental skills to some extent. So, Shizuku, can't you refrain from saying it's a bit strange? My delicate middle-aged heart might get hurt.

"Well, there's no helping it. As master says."

Reluctantly, Yukihana puts on the robe. I feel relieved and grab the steering wheel. Well then, shall we depart?

I step on the accelerator, and the jeep starts moving. We aim for the bridge ahead. Finally, we thinned out the monsters to some extent, so let's explore ahead.

Or at least, that's what I thought.

Snow covers the road as we drive. My headquarters are the closest to the bridge, but it still takes about 20 minutes. Moss and vegetation crawl up the buildings, and large rats run around inside the abandoned houses. Without ceilings, in a collapsed ruin with piled debris, slimes stick to something and dissolve it.

Driving through the deserted and dilapidated ruins, I yawn while in the jeep. We've already exterminated the monsters around here. We should be able to proceed safely for a while.

But, we stop the jeep for a moment, shift our gaze forward, and yawn again.

"H-Help me! There are monsters up ahead, and my comrades are about to be done for!"

About 50 meters ahead, a man is walking unsteadily, clutching his shoulder and shouting something.

"Oh damn, this is bad. Asking for help so defenselessly in the ruined city."

"What's the normal thing to do?"

I send a sidelong glance to Yukihana, who tilts her head curiously.

[In the past, it was normal to kill weakened opponents, and loot their belongings, right?]

"That's it. Customs and cultures differ from region to region."

Snowflake is horrified and grimaces at the response that came out between us without a hitch. How rude. It was normal in the ruined city, you know?

"…But things are different now, right?"

"Of course. This is what I'll do."

I press the accelerator with determination to go help. The engine roars loudly, and the jeep accelerates rapidly towards the man.

The approaching jeep brings a look of joy to the man's face, but the moment his face turns pale.

Because my jeep, showing no sign of slowing down, is about to run him over. He frantically tries to escape and veer off the road, but it's already too late.

With a thud and a strong recoil, the jeep jumps. There's a rattling sound as if we ran over something, perhaps even a pebble.

"I forgot that cars can't stop suddenly in a long time without driving."

"That's unfortunate."

I put on a sly smile and step on the brake, getting out of the jeep.

The man falls to the side of the road.

"Oops, an ambulance might not be needed."

He stands up, staggering and showing an angry expression. So, I clap my hands in admiration. He's a sturdy guy.

"Well, the acceleration was lacking."

[People with high stats are as tenacious as zombies.]

Snowflake shrugs her shoulders, and Shizuku smiles mischievously. Well, it's easy to understand.

"He's a troublemaker! Accelerate properly or not at all!"

"Don't die. I recommend turning on your heels and going home like this?"

I shout while considering the feelings of the person I'm scolding. I'm kind, you know? I might even share one of my initial potions.

"Kill him!"

Ignoring the man raising his hand, I look at him coldly and snap my fingers.

[Powder Snow]

Powder snow dances around me. It cools the warm spring air, turning the breath into white vapor.

As I activate the magic, gunshots ring out from the roadside, and bullets rush toward me like a storm.

And then, passing through the powder snow, they change direction unexpectedly, leaving only bullet marks on the walls of the road and buildings.

"That's quite a good magic. I like it. It consumes less mana than a magic barrier."

[Master... That magic was Yukihana-chan's original magic, you know?]

"As patent fees, I'll treat you to an expensive meal next time."

Snowflake looks at me with a shocked and dumbfounded expression, but if the skill level and attributes are the same, you can learn the opponent's magic, right? It's called learning.

[Fufun, Sakimori-san's magic control is the best among humans.]

I'll respond to Shizuku's proud and happy statement.

"Now that the snow has melted, it's the beginning of the season that suits us."

Activating the mana in my body, I wear a harsh smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test