18 December 2023

Earth Dungeon 113.2

Test

Chapter 113.2. Practice


[No change.]

[Sakimori-san, you always used magic at full power.]

[Oh, maybe that's true. The full power of mana is hard to perceive.]

It's disappointingly true. On the contrary, I'm more aware when I'm holding back.

[Here, it's a moment where I should be scratching my head, running away, asking if I did something wrong after destroying a wooden stick with magic that became too powerful, but I'm completely not standing out, right?]

[I don't make meaningless appeals like that. I'm hard-boiled.]

While smiling wryly at Shizuku-san's puffed-up cheeks like a pufferfish, I snap my fingers. At that moment, the wooden stick with the water needle stuck in it bursts and shatters.

[Oh~? What was that just now?]

[Things like Fireball in games cause explosions, right? I always wondered why there's no explosion in reality. I realized that by fixing mana at full power and making it burst upon impact, I could achieve that. But, maybe I can't use explosions. You see, after hitting the enemy, the power inevitably decreases.]

[...So you've become able to fire consecutive artillery shells. It's a shame no one noticed.]

Looking at Shizuku with a sullen expression, this usage is tricky. Explosions involve friendly fire. It's best to use them when there are only enemy groups.

For a month, I practiced explosion-type magic in dungeons where there were only enemies. I blew away Goblin Kings, thought that maybe the ordinary way was easier, and cut a Blade Tiger in the opposite direction with [Magic Storm]. I cleared dungeons at a pace of one per day.

Along the way, when the dungeons ran out, I ran around. I set up teleportation points with Shadow Crows and teleported to Kanagawa's abandoned town. I plan to continue dungeon conquests in the future.

For some reason, the potions I was supposed to give to Karin disappeared, so I earned more to give to her. Despite being guarded by Shadow Cats, they didn't detect the suspicious person. It seems to have been stolen by a highly skilled thief.

I put them in a rice bag for disguise and, intending to give them to Karin, found the box empty. It turned out that I was noticed by a skilled individual who could infiltrate without being detected by Shadow Cats, as Shizuku told me.

"Sakimori-shan, give me more jyus!"

The young girl energetically asked me for juice, so I listened to her story. She turned out to be the culprit. I see. The condition I set was for her to contact me if she found a suspicious person. The young girl didn't consider herself suspicious.

It seems she has a fire magic skill. I decided not to ask about her unique skills. It's probably better not to know this girl's skills.

The fire skill is ordinary. There are no fatal weaknesses. But since she's a young girl, she probably won't instinctively use dangerous flames. Whether it's a special fire magic is unclear, but it's convenient, so she casts it twice a day for me. The effect lasts half a day, so that's how she maintains it. Now, she's casting it over the entire floor of her house and mine.

It's a handy magic, and as a gesture of thanks, I gave her a bottle of Status Potion. Indeed, using it for the entire house would require a considerable amount of mana. I believe her overall status is around 600 now. It's not just about giving a potion; I think she needed it. She's under a lucky star, after all.

It also hinted at the possibility of someone being able to conceal mana and fighting spirit. As a countermeasure, I consulted with Shizuku and set up a few precautions at home.

While the guards spent the winter, their training paid off.

On the 3rd floor of the dungeon, the elite team from Amatsugahara Corporation faced off against monsters.

Three Goblin Knights and three Goblin Shamans. The Shamans were already down, pierced through the head by arrows, leaving only the Knights.

Facing them was a team armed with sturdy metal spears, all made of iron. Three against three. Both sides were tense.

"Gooo!"

A Goblin Knight, clad in patched and bolted armor, roared and, despite its seemingly sluggish appearance, made a swift move toward the spear-wielding member.

"We are the Shin Honda Tadakatsu Five!"

Leading the charge, Ooki-kun roared without losing to the Goblin Knight. He leaned forward and thrust his spear. The powerful thrust aimed at the Knight's neck, but the Knight parried with its sword. Quickly retracting the spear, Ookuninushi stepped strongly with his left foot, twisted his body, conveyed that twist to his arm, and swung the spear in a sweeping motion.

The spear hit the Goblin Knight's torso, causing its body to sway. Taking advantage of the rebounding force, Ookuninushi rotated and struck the Knight's head from the opposite side. As the Goblin Knight's consciousness became hazy, Ookuninushi thrust the spear into its neck. The Goblin Knight fell, spouting blood from its mouth.

"We did it! I defeated it!"

Finally, he managed to defeat a D-rank monster alone, and Hana jumped for joy.

Others couldn't handle it alone, so fellow members rushed in to help and managed to defeat the remaining monsters.

"Well, isn't this good? With a 12-member team, there shouldn't be any problems. Six spear-wielders, five archers, and one scout!"

Ooki-kun, who was blown away by the Knight's attack, ignored that and puffed out his chest. Well, aside from Hana, Ooki-kun didn't die, and no one suffered serious injuries. With two people working together, they managed to defeat the Knight. More than enough results.

"Well... this should work, right? Gradually gather Level 1 recruits and train them. Those who prove useful will receive stat boost potions as a gift. Now, we can earn from D-rank missions."

"Great job, Ooki-san! Yay~!"

While watching Hana rejoice, I narrowed my eyes. Pure would probably be on the verge of tears again. Hana indeed has a sense for combat.

Well, that should conclude the winter tasks. It's time to prepare for spring. Before that, I'll take it easy for New Year's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test