16 December 2023

Earth Dungeon 112.2

Test

Chapter 112.2. Yukihana


No, it's not a matter of "why". I truly understand. Just like Shizuku, Yukihana feels connected to me through our souls. That's one of the reasons I trust her. In essence, while Yukihana appears independent, she falls within the framework of the extra life skill. Somehow, the time restriction has disappeared. This allows for skill sharing and builds trust. The range of shared skills seems to be degraded, but that's likely a drawback of being able to act independently.

However, she's the type who became strong through effort, huh? She claims to be a genius, but in reality, she's more of a hard worker. Well, in that case, she might be suitable as an instructor. She might use her training methods. Shizuku, being a genius type, might not be good at that.

[Having power in unseen places, huh? Well, I like it. Nice.]

[I think you'd like it more if it were a cute snowman.]

[You should consider changing your race to a demon soon.]

These two are perfect for each other; it brings tears to my eyes. Well, it's fine.

"Okay. Yukihana, I'll leave it to you for now."

"Hmph, leave it to me. Well then, let me show you my oni instructor skills right away. Ooki-kun and Baba, follow me!"

I bring the 2 who have already been investigated into the relationships.

"Shingen, you guys should come and see too. We'll talk later."

"Hmm... Yeah, let us hear the story later. Just within the limits you can tell, though."

Shingen waves his hand at my words, with a slight smile, and leaves with the others.

"Karin, could you go home first? I need to talk to Sakimori for a bit."

"Sure thing-nya. See you later-nya."

When Serika requests, the cat girl obediently nods and leaves. Everyone is considerate; it's nice.

Alone with Serika.

"I protect Sakimori-shan!"

The little girl with fluttering breath and shaking legs remains on my lap. Well, whatever.

"So, about the poorly acted play, thanks for going along with it, everyone. Serika, do you have anything to say? My acquaintances have judged I shouldn't talk about it, but why don't you say something?"

One of the reasons Shizuku doesn't force conversations. It's a straightforward reason.

If I were to ask, it might put me at a disadvantage. Peek at the crane weaving the return gift for the favor, or dissect the belly of the hen laying the golden eggs—stuff like that.

A partner who I trust and rely on won't talk about it. I speculate that it's because it might be disadvantageous. I've faintly understood from my interactions with Shizuku that it's related to the dungeon.

A being that manipulates humanity. It should be easy to destroy them, but they don't. Instead, they work to hinder humanity's prosperity. They have useless skills, a dungeon that has no intention of being conquered, and systematically act in a way that interferes with humanity. There's no apparent intention to tease or play around. It's like dealing with a mechanical entity.

It seems I have a skill that can counteract this seemingly bugged dungeon. It's a skill that can exploit vulnerabilities. But the core remains unclear. It's possible if I were conscious of it, a patch could be applied to defend against it. That's why Shizuku-san might not be telling me, or there might be other reasons.

Serika and Yukihana seem to be in a similar situation as Shizuku. Time travelers? Travelers from another world? I'm not sure, but it's probably something like that.

In summary, it's something like that.

"If that acquaintance says so, I won't say anything either. I don't know why she doesn't show herself in front of me. The masked girl is definitely my ally, though."

"Well, maybe Serika can't be trusted, right?"

What are you saying? I think that's the obvious answer, don't you?

"That's harsh... Well, she probably needs to stay hidden. There's another completely elusive one. I operate based on my thoughts, and I don't intend to discuss the details, so there's no helping it."

Sticking her tongue out cutely without a hint of remorse, Serika answers. That's right, that's right. Serika is the type to casually strike down her allies if it serves her purpose.

"Well then, is it safe to assume our relationship is as usual? Yukihana has appeared, though."

"I don't mind. Her provocative name might spark speculation and rumors within the inner town, but her appearance is entirely different from the Frokis captured by the camera. No one would think she was a monster. Besides, her combat style is the complete opposite of when she was a monster."

That's a relief. That was a concern. However, speculations and rumors, huh? Since the Heike team emerged from the dungeon's top team unscathed, there must be something going on. Serika probably plans to handle it skillfully within that context.

"Hehe, I have a rough idea of Sakimori's skills. The type that summons and commands monsters. And interestingly, you can do it from the design phase. I can imagine the approach my supposed best friend is taking."

Though I feel sorry for the girl confidently making completely wrong assumptions, I shrug my shoulders without denying it.

"And also, our relationship... um, I might not mind if it progresses a bit more?"

"It's not good for education when a little girl is watching."

Answering while patting the head of the dozing little girl, Serika pouts and retreats.

[Serika-chan, I can understand what you were trying to do, but you're quite the coward. I didn't know that.]

Looking at Serika as if seeing a pitiful girl, Shizuku-san remarks.

[Shizuku-san, you're straightforward about that.]

[Of course. If the restriction on summoning all devices is lifted, we should start with a wedding ceremony. A ring would cost three months' salary.]

Proudly puffing her chest, Shizuku. That's the complete opposite.

"Well, we've confirmed the current situation for now. Let's wait for spring while expecting great things from Yukihana's training."

"If something interesting happens, I want you to tell me too. And, um, saying this might be dangerous? Umm, chu? If I say something like that, I might get eaten."

Leaving Serika, who is blushing and wriggling her body, I contemplate whether to watch Yukihana's training.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test