16 December 2023

Earth Dungeon 112.1

Test

Chapter 112.1. Yukihana


In our living room, Sakimori sat with his head in his hands. 

Well, not really; internally, he wanted to be in that state, but he sat there calmly, resting his cheek on his hand, exuding a hard-boiled, nihilistic smile.

The reason? Fuuka returned with a pleased expression, claiming to have obtained valuable information, but the problem was that Serika and the others were still present. Shingen and the others were there too. 

It seemed that Fuuka had made some wild interpretations, probably because a surviving member of the Taira family with hidden skills appeared before her. Those accustomed to conspiracies tend to come up with various ideas on their own, which is somewhat helpful.

Perhaps she also wanted me to establish a connection with the Minamoto clan; that's my interpretation of her appeal. It would have been better to keep it a secret. But if she appears so foolishly. The members of Amatsugahara Corporation don't seem to mind, though.

In response to the sudden appearance of the woman in a kimono, they demanded an explanation. It's only natural. 

There's also a kimono-clad girl sitting on the sofa, crossing her legs arrogantly – she's the cause of the trouble. How do I explain this?

Serika sits next to me, smiling warmly, leaning against my shoulder. Somehow, she creates an atmosphere as if she were the legitimate wife, restraining Yukihana. Serika looking embarrassed with flushed cheeks, might run away if I pat her head. There's also a little girl sitting on my lap; it's our usual setup.

"Yukihana's name is Amano Yukihana. I'm a genius with the strongest attacking power. I'm Sakimori's illegitimate child."

Perhaps realizing the situation, Yukihana starts talking about some absurd setting.

"Enough of that. That's embarrassing. Stop it."

I gesture dismissively, stopping Yukihana. Leave that kind of stuff to anime or dramas. Nobody believes it. Is this girl just foolish?

[Tsk, why did you activate on your own?! I was thinking of a cute snowman design. Why did you activate with your previous body? No, why did you activate it on your own?! I was going to make it a Jacck Frokis. That was the strongest!]

[Hehe, Shi, Shizuku! Master considered activating when he confirmed that Yukihana-chan was in the lineup! It was already activated! Ahaha! Justice prevails!]

[Stretching the interpretation! Stretching the interpretation! You were conscious, weren't you?!]

[From now on, leave the fighting to the genius Yukihana-chan! You can float around as a spirit! Ahaha!]

Shizuku, the floating spirit, pouts without showing it on her face, arguing with Yukika through telepathy. You're quite skilled. Well, whatever.

"This is Yukihana. I rescued her a while ago. She drifted in from another district."

It's an improbable explanation, but that's enough to end the conversation. In these cases, it's better to decide on settings in advance; otherwise, you'll get criticized later. Keep it mysterious, and try not to think too much about it.

"Hmph, that's right. Yukihana discarded her old name when her life was saved! From today, she's Amano Yukihana!"

"Hmm... When did you start protecting a girl like this?"

Shingen looks at Yukihana skeptically as she proudly puffs her chest. Well, of course, he'd doubt it. Only fools and actors in a play wouldn't.

"I was helping you! Hey, you're a genius, Yukihana-chan? I helped, just like you would protect a fairy in a fairy tale. Yukihana-chan, who can only score one point."

"Hmm... Well, I got some help. But I think I'll return the favor to my master."

Unexpected support comes from an unexpected place, and I'm a little surprised. For some reason, Serika lends a helping hand with an interesting expression, and Yukihana, looking dissatisfied, clicks her tongue but goes along with the story. These two, or rather, including Shizuku, these three seem to have some connection. 

[Shizuku, does this affect my life plan? If I need to revise the rails, I'll listen.]

[For now, there doesn't seem to be a problem. She's a useful subordinate. But not very bright, and not too efficient. She might be of some help, though.]

Shizuku-san responds with a calm and composed face. The truth or falsehood is indiscernible from her expression. Well, I can sense some dissatisfaction.

Hmm, I have no choice but to trust her. If it's okay for now, I'll let my imagination run wild.

"Well, Yukihana-chan has a debt of gratitude, but there are no romantic feelings. In fact, isn't he a bit too old?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'm relieved."

Serika softens her expression, feeling relieved, while Yukihana leans back deeply on the sofa, crossing her legs and laughing. Doing that in a modified kimono; if you're going to cross your legs, wear regular pants or something. Shizuku nods along as if in agreement, trying not to show relief.

"That's the end of Yukihana's background. Is everyone okay with that? For now, you can trust her."

Returning to the topic, I look around at everyone.

"Hmm, it's too suspicious, but if Sakimori says so, I'll go along."

"We welcome strong individuals."

People in the ruins district don't have a registered domicile, and we have no idea where most of them come from. Shingen and Katsuyori, despite looking a bit displeased, nod. They may not be convinced, but I'm in the same boat, so don't worry.

"Leave it to me, master. Yukihana-chan will solve your wish! You want to create a squad that earns D-rank cores, right?"

"Huh? Can you do that?"

"Yes, to some extent, I can teach those pathetic guys how to handle D-rank opponents. I'll teach them the basics of body movement and mana usage. If they can use their power as per their stats, it might be a bit better. Let me handle it, master. Don't you want to utilize the genius Yukika-chan?"

Proudly boasting, Yukika puffs her chest, but can she be trusted?

[I don't want to admit it, but in solo combat, she's second only to me. She's an idiot who only charges forward, but she might be suitable as a training instructor.]

She seems shrewd in her way. She claims she's been waiting for an opportunity to make a sensational appearance. It might be half true, but it's also half a lie.

She must have been secretly gathering information about me. Hiding and observing, learning about the kind of person I am, my relationships, and my objectives. Despite looking foolish, she might excel at situational judgment.

[If Shizuku says so, I'll give it a try. Even though it doesn't show in her skills.]

[Yukihana-chan changed the way she uses useless skills and became diligent in other areas. So, it doesn't show in her skills.]

Hmm, looking at Yukihana's status again. It seems I can view it like Mike or Kou. Like them, she operates independently. Unlike Shizuku, there's no time constraint.


Amano Yukihana

Mana 300

Health 400

Strength 400

Dexterity 400

Magic Power 300

Unique Skills: One Point, Martial Art Efficiency Conversion, Magic Efficiency Conversion

Skills: Martial Arts 4, Water Magic 4, Combat Techniques 4, Non-Magic 3


It's a regular status. Well, not really. It's not much different from our statuses. Well, a little different. There's only one notable skill. Apart from that, there don't seem to be any particularly unusual skills. For some reason, she learned Martial Art and Magic Efficiency Conversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test