10 December 2023

Bottom Tier 41

Test

Subjugation Report And Request Ao-chan's Request


"This is the item that dropped when we defeated it."

Ao-chan and I returned to the guild to report the completion of the BQ.

The receptionist, who usually didn't show any emotion, took a second look at the Amber's Magic Rod on the counter and us.

"I was told the Crimson Morning Star was also wiped out."

The receptionist widened her eyes in surprise. 

That party was rumored to be S-rank, so the Amber subjugation was a significant mission.

"...I didn't expect to hear both bad and good news today, so I'm not sure how to feel."

As the receptionist was puzzled, the branch chief, who overheard the conversation, guided us to the previous reception room.

"You've already achieved the BQ?"

"Yes."

Ao-chan and I couldn't hide our somber expressions. 

The shock of losing comrades, even if it was a temporary party, was greater than the sense of accomplishment from the subjugation.

"Amazing... Your levels are only 37 now. It's not the kind of status that could win, right?"

"It depends on tactics. It's not like we won by ourselves."

Although the branch chief seemed interested in hearing more, I ended the conversation and received the reward.

"We can also keep the money here. It might not be safe from thieves who heard the rumors."

Ao-chan and I discussed and decided to leave the money in the guild until we figured out how to use it.

"On the other hand, is the guild not in danger?"

Ao-chan asked a simple question.

"Fools occasionally attack, but we repel them with all staff. If you have a moderately functioning brain, you'd realize working for the guild is more profitable than attacking it."

The branch chief chuckled, shrugging his shoulders.

"...It's a shame about Chrom the Glorious Shell. I knew them from their E-rank days, and I still haven't processed the report. I was prepared for this day to come, but it's still hard."

They were S-rank. I had no interest in other adventurers or parties.

So I didn't know at all.

"Chrome thought highly of Minato. That's probably why he approached you first."

"Sorry about that."

"No need. No adventurer hasn't experienced something like this."

"Yeah, I guess..."

With a vague answer, we ended the conversation moderately and left the guild.

I couldn't help but think we could have done better in the Amber battle. Maybe if I had depleted her SP and put her in a state of tuna from the beginning... 

But then everyone would be waiting for my [Thief's Expertise] and Amber's attacks. 

With my high agility and knowledge of what skills to use, could dodge.

But I doubted everyone could do well until her SP ran out.

Waiting passively would require everyone to become targets to make use of me. 

[Falcon], [Sharp Strike]—I had conveyed the effect of Falcon's strike in advance. 

Chrome thought even with the disadvantage of increasing defense. 

He could use [Pride of the Shieldbearer].

So, if I had initiated with [Falcon]'s strike, Ao-chan's [Slow], and Chrome's [Pride of the Shieldbearer] from the start—?

Well, it would probably succeed 2 or 3 times. 

But that wouldn't be enough. 

Afterward, Amber, with her increased defense would remain. 

Then, it would become cautious of me. 

If I fell, the uncertainty would be zero. 

If that happened, Amber would overwhelm us with its specs. 

In the end, what became a turning point was the hill we ran around to waste Amber's [Star Ray] as insurance.

While I got targeted—I would aim for the Thief if I were Amber—I took advantage of opportunities to inflict abnormal status and reduce its HP.

This plan was relatively safe.

But the miscalculation was that Amber turned out to be more emotional than expected.

"Minato-kun?"

"If only we had let it shoot more [Star Rays] and consume SP... No, they might suspect a diversion. They're not that stupid—"

"Mii, naa, to-ki-yuun!"

"That guy turned into a really annoying woman... It feels like she'll appear in my dreams. She was my favorite character too..."

"Minato-kun, if you don't listen to me, I'll kiss you!"

"Huh? Kiss?"

"Eeek!? Why did that come through so clearly!?"

Ao-chan was surprised.

I was almost unconscious, and before I knew it, I was in my usual room.

Next to the bed where I sat was Ao-chan.

"Sensei, what's with the kiss?"

"Since you weren't listening to my story, I just said it a little."

Ao-chan stuck her tongue out.

"I've been mumbling to myself all the time, so I got worried."

"Sorry. I can't get the battle out of my head."

Ao-chan turned towards me, holding my hand to encourage me.

"We did our best. I did my best in my way, and Minato-kun, you really did your best!"

"Did I, though?"

"You did your best!"

"Thank you..."

Maybe because I kept a gloomy expression, Ao-chan, with her mouth shaped like a 'へ,' suddenly hugged me tightly.

"Huh?"

Since Ao-chan was shorter, my head was on her chest. 

The clean and pleasant scent of her hair wafted around my nose.

"I still don't know where my feelings belong. But it's not Minato-kun's fault."

Looking up at me with a worried expression, Ao-chan patted my head.

"I was worried because even when I talked to you, you were absent-minded. Minato-kun, you're very responsible."

"If I hadn't made such a guy..."

"No. If you had, more people would have been sacrificed. Minato-kun prevented that beforehand."

"But if I hadn't created that guy—"

"No one knows what would have happened."

Her grip tightened a bit.

"Minato-kun, too?"

"Huh?"

"It'll calm you down."

With a puzzled look, I reluctantly placed my hand on Ao-chan's back as she had gently instructed.

"More, hug me tighter."

"Okay."

As instructed, I embraced Ao-chan's body.

There was a pleasant smell from her clothes and hair.

Ao-chan's body warmth is transmitted through her clothes, providing a change of mood.

Soon, Ao-chan released the arm she had been wrapping around herself.

Seemingly embarrassed for doing it herself, her cheeks were slightly red.

"Did it help distract you?"

"Yes, thanks to you."

"I was thinking about what would cheer up Minato-kun."

That seemed to be it.

"Is there anything else you want me to do?"

"Something you want me to do?"

"Huh? No ecchi stuff, okay!?"

"I understand."

Right before saying it, I was about to ask her to let me touch her breasts.

Thinking about what else there could be, I proposed one thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test