08 December 2023

Bottom Tier 35

 Test

We're A Good Party


"Forget about the items!"

The Holy Knight angrily protested, but I responded firmly.

"No. It can't wait. Definitely now."

"Minato-kun, what did you bring?"

"It's this."

I showed them an SP Potion. 

While everyone displayed a certain level of understanding, they seemed uneasy.

Well, of course. 

If we die, it's game over.

But for me, this item had a value far beyond just restoring SP.

"It might be necessary, but I have a few extras."

"Oh, if you had told me, I would have handed them over."

The unexpectedly kind remark left me wide-eyed.

"Thief, you're crazy."

The Fighter chuckled and said in a slightly peculiar way.

It had a nuance of being pleasantly strange.

"You wouldn't challenge such an enemy unless you were a bit insane. Thief, even if you know the most about that guy, it would be worthless if you died. Show some restraint, won't you?"

The White Mage poked my chest with her index finger.

"Yes. I'll be careful."

"..."

Feeling a penetrating gaze, I looked in that direction, and Ao-chan was squinting.

"Why are you grinning? You're getting scolded, and yet, what's making you so happy?"

"No, no, no, it's not like that. I just... well, I thought, 'Ah, they're worrying about me,' that's all..."

"I see."

Ao-chan turned away in a huff.

...Could it be jealousy?

Ao-chan was showing a dissatisfied profile, pouted, and clearly in a bad mood.

"Curse User-san, is something wrong?"

"Nothing at all."

Even when the spellblade tried to talk and show concern, there was no response, and an awkward atmosphere enveloped the other men, and me.

"Well, for now, Thief, don't act on your own without consulting us. We may be an impromptu party, but we're still a party."

"I'm sorry. I'll be careful."

"We scolded you, but thanks to Thief running around like that, we've safely made it into the waterway. In the end, it turned out fine, right? It would have been better with a word of caution, but it wasn't the time to leisurely discuss it."

The White Mage followed up.

This girl, she's a good girl...

Even though we formed this party just for this quest, I felt nostalgic, remembering the game era.

"Sorry for stopping. Shall we go?"

When I prompted, the Holy Knight led the way, and we began to move through the dim waterway.

The humidity was high inside, and the air felt sticky against the skin.

Low-level monsters occasionally appeared.

But the spellblade and the Hunter, who excelled in mid-range combat, quickly dispatched them.

Without much trouble, we reached the area directly below the castle.

"If you climb these stairs, you'll reach the inside of the castle."

Everyone nodded, exuding tension.

At that moment, from the stairs, we hear sounds of clanking.

Looking up, a Knight in armor was slowly descending.

"Adventurers...?"

I answered Ao-chan's murmured question.

"...Enemies."

Three red eyes glowed from the knight's helmet.

It held a crossbow on its back and dual blades in its hands.

A burning red aura flickered all over its body.


――――――――――

The Three-Eyed Crimson Knight

Level: 55

HP: 651

SP: 322

――――――――――


The tension in the party heightened, creating a truly formidable atmosphere. 

Although we wanted to conserve SP, that longsword was indeed...

I dug up memories from the game in my mind.

When the Crimson Knight stopped, a red effect enveloped him from his feet to his head.

"It's a physical attack buff. Be careful."

"That doesn't matter!"

The Holy Knight held a massive shield, mostly hiding his body, and charged at the enemy. 

The Magic Swordsman supported him by using the skill [Slash]. 

The skill hit the enemy directly, but he seemed unaffected.

Immediately after, the Holy Knight attempted a body check with his shield.

The easily swung longsword struck the shield. 

A dull metallic sound echoed as the shield deflected the longsword. 

Both staggered, creating an opening for an attack on the Crimson Knight.

"Here—"

I agilely moved using a thread and positioned myself behind the Crimson Knight. 

Simultaneously, Ao-chan's [Dark Magic] hit the enemy.

"See!?"

"Yes!"

Even without communication, Ao-chan had recently become adept at understanding when to use her skills. 

Her growth as a Curse User was remarkable.

I repositioned myself against the recovering enemy and simultaneously activated [Thief's Expertise] and [Thief's Aesthetic Eye].

Ching! The sound of success echoed.

<.Stole Iron Gauntlets, Potion, and the Legendary Longsword from the Three-Eyed Crimson aKnight dealing 29 SP damage.>

Distracted by me, the Crimson Knight slowly turned to face me.

"Still going—"

I activated the skill [Deception] again. 

Another opening appeared, and the Hunter shot arrows from behind. Three arrows, glowing pale blue, pierced through the enemy's armor.

Following that, the Magic Swordman used a skill, enveloping his sword in flames. 

With a battle cry, he slashed with the flaming sword, dealing damage.

It was a critical hit.

After bringing the enemy down, the Fighter continued with a series of attacks, depleting the remaining HP and defeating the enemy.

<Shiozaki Minato gained 1340 experience points>

<Level up!>

<Proficiency of the skill [Thief's Prowess] increased to E>

<Proficiency of the skill [Deception] increased to A+>

<Proficiency of the skill [Thief's Aesthetic Eye] decreased to B->

<Received 12000 Lin from the Three-Eyed Crimson Knight>


――――――――――

Shiozaki Minato

Job: Thief

Level: 30

HP: 119/119

SP: 80/88

Attack: 42 + 15

Defense: 27 - 4

Magic Attack: 23

Magic Defense: 22 + 11

Agility: 47 + 6 + 3 + 17

Titles: Daring Thief, Flame of Tenacity, Mirage, Poison Killer, Angel Killer

Skills: Thief's Expertise (E), Deception (A+), Pyrotechnics (C+), Thief's Aesthetic Eye (B-), Falcon (E), Sharp Strike (E)

――――――――――


From the stolen item selection, I chose the Ancestral Longsword.


――――――――――

Ancestral Longsword 

Attack +40, Defense +6

A weapon exclusive to Swordman and Knight class

――――――――――


"The Holy Knight happily rushed over.

"Thief! You're amazing after all! Even though you'd die with one hit. You used a skill to create an opening. We were able to defeat it more smoothly than I thought. Thanks."

"Oh, no problem."

"Yeah, I didn't think we could defeat it instantly like that."

The Hunter said impressed, and the Fighter nodded in agreement.

"Sensei... Curse User the critical hit rate with the [Dark Magic], and I made my skills also increase critical damage."

The Magic Swordsman seemed to grasp it.

"Oh, I see! I thought the damage was higher than usual. Is this your doing?"

"Well, well, well, well... yes."

Compliments from my companions.

"Huh, no way. Could it be that we're a good party?"

The White Mage said jokingly.

The tension from a moment ago relaxed, and the atmosphere became friendly.

"I can't use this, so either of you can have it."

I showed the just-stolen item to the Holy Knight and the Magic Swordsman.

"Whoa. Ancestral Longsword!? A drop? Huh, you stole it!? Can you steal such an amazing item!?"

"Stealing is incredible... But is it okay for us to take such an item?"

"Yes. I can't use it. If you want, it can also be a good material for making a weapon you like."

"Nice guy."

Then, the Holy Knight checked his inventory and took out an item.

"Take this too. Demil... The Fighter doesn't use it. I was thinking of selling it or breaking it down."

The item was a Spiky Dagger.

"Whoa, a Spiky Dagger! Is it okay to have this!?"

"Huh? Oh, of course. I didn't have a use for it."

"Thank you!"

"You're so happy about this? Is this item really that good?"

The Holy Knight looked surprised.

"Yes! I'm really grateful!"

"Good to hear. Well then, let's call it an exchange."


――――――――――

Spiky Dagger

Attack +11

A weapon exclusive to lightly armored classes

The blade is covered in tiny spikes. It has a low probability of causing the target to bleed

Part of the Thorny Series

――――――――――

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test