08 December 2023

Bottom Tier 2.2

Test

The First Day Of The Bottom-Tier Job Party In Another World (2)


As we came to the plains, I explained Ao-chan and my abilities.


――――――――――

Skill: Steal

Steal the target's money or items with a very low chance.

――――――――――


――――――――――

Skill: Curse

For a very brief period, make the target more prone to experiencing misfortune.

――――――――――


"Our skills are like this. Thief is fast and skilled at escaping and evading,"

"Attack-wise, not so much, right?"

"Yes, it's just slashing with a dagger."

"I see. How about misfortune?"

"It makes attacks more likely to hit vital spots... in other words, it slightly increases the critical hit rate."

Very few players know that only the unfortunate professions team up, but in addition to the critical hit rate, it increased [Steal]'s success rate.

Many players won't choose Curse User job because the initial skills are hard to use and have short durations. 

The fact that it doesn't affect drop rates is another reason why people say they're unusable.

However, Curse User's [Curse] slightly favors the critical hit rate for Thief only.

I think it's like a way for the developers to make up for having 2 bottom-tier jobs.

With sufficient knowledge, it's possible to land critical hits, so if Thief and Curse User combined their power, I think it would be an extremely powerful profession... 

Well, Thief's base attack power is low, so even with critical hits, it's not that impressive.

People need guts, time, and knowledge as a prerequisite for using both, so even advanced players don't use them.

"Squeak."

Hearing a familiar squeak, I looked to see a rat-like monster called a Ground Rat. 

NPCs and monsters display their stats, so I checked it out.


――――――――――

Ground Rat

LV: 2

HP: 14

SP: 3

――――――――――


The stats were just as I expected. You can't know the details unless you've defeated them, just like in the game.

"Sensei, please use the [Curse] skill on that rat from a distance. I'll follow up with an attack."

"Even though it only has a very brief effect, are you sure it's okay?"

"It's fine. I can time it right."

Due to SP limitations, sensei can only use the skill about 5 times. 

Even if we can't defeat it, as long as my [Steal] succeeds, we're good.

"Be careful."

"I will."

I dashed toward the Ground Rat.

"Shiozaki-kun, now!"

Simultaneously with sensei's voice, the skill activation effect appeared on Ground Rat.

Without care, the enemy leaped at me, and I activated [Steal].

A sound, 'Ching', echoed. I heard the system voice saying.

<Stole a rat's front teeth>

It was a success.

Continuing, I slashed at the enemy's back with my dagger.

"Gaah!?"

<Dealt 4 damage to Ground Rat>

The angry enemy, baring its front teeth, lunged at me again.

With the agility of a thief, I avoided Ground Rat's attack.

Lightly stepping aside, I heard Ao-chan's signal.

Switching my dagger to my leading hand, I thrust it toward the enemy's exposed flank.

A high-pitched sound, 'Kiiin', was heard—the critical hit confirmation sound.

My dagger hit the Ground Rat.

<Dealt 10 damage to the Ground Rat>

"Gyuuu!?"

Ground Rat, emitting a dying cry, shattered into particles with a 'Parin' sound and disappeared.

<Shiozaki Minato gained 5 experience points>

<Leveled up to level 2>

<Skill [Steal] proficiency is now D->

<Obtained a small fur and 250 Rin from the Ground Rat>

"You did it! Shiozaki-kun, that's amazing!"

"Sen's skill worked."

"That's a relief... I got scared when I thought something might happen to you, Shiozaki-kun."

It seemed that Ao-chan was worried and anxious about me.

"It's alright. Playtime and experience count for something."

"I've been hearing some strange voices since earlier. What's this...?"

"Don't worry about it. It's just system voices."

"Oh, that's good. I thought it might be some weird message only I could hear."

"I've been hearing something similar too. As your skill proficiency goes up, you should be able to use the skill more effectively."

"Skill proficiency?"

"As it increases, the cooldown time for using the same skill becomes shorter. Some skills even evolve into higher-tier ones when you max them out, so some skills are worth using and some aren't."

Selling the stolen and dropped materials would earn us 800 Lin. Considering time efficiency, it would be a decent part-time job despite the slight risk.

"Let's continue defeating enemies like this."

We found another Ground Rat, this time at level 3. Ao-chan used her skill to let me use [Steal] efficiently, and we defeated it using the same method.

<Shiozaki Minato gained 7 experience points>

<Leveled up to level 3>

<Skill [Steal] proficiency is now D>

<Learned skill [Deceive]>

<Obtained rat fur and 400 Rin from the Ground Rat.>


――――――――――

Skill: Deceive

Create a slight opening in the target's defenses. While the skill created an opening, critical hit damage increased by 10%. Limited to close range.

――――――――――


[Deceive] can only be used at close range, which can be a hindrance when thieves are near enemies and can potentially obstruct their allies. However, as a personal skill, it's quite useful.


――――――――――

Shiozaki Minato 

Occupation: Thief

Level: 3

HP: 16/16

SP: 1/7

Attack: 5+3

Defense: 3

Magic Attack: 2

Magic Defense: 2

Agility: 10

Luck: 6

Title: Summoned Boy

Skills: Steal (D), Deceive (E-)

――――――――――


It's like in the game. When my level increases, only my SP's upper limit increases without automatically replenishing it.

I've run out of SP, so I'll call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test