08 December 2023

Bottom Tier 17

Test

If You're Indoors, Evasion Is A Piece Of Cake


"Sorry! I wasted a whole day!"

This was while we were climbing the hill to the Sky Castle. 

Ao-chan, fully recovered from her hangover, once again apologized.

I lost count of how many times she had already done so.

"It's okay. Since sensei is covering our lodging, there's no rush on this journey."

"Well, yeah, but... I can't help but think it's not very 'adult' to be like that."

She seemed genuinely reflective. 

Yesterday, when I tried to enter the room, I was firmly refused. 

"I can't show my face right now."

She'd told me the same thing before, but this time it was because "Today is especially dangerous.".

And today, after a day's absence, Ao-chan was back to her usual sparkling beauty.

"When I have happy or sad experiences, I tend to overdrink. It's a bad habit, though..."

"Is there something that happened?"

She glanced at me and, keeping it a secret, relaxed her cheeks.

As we reached the top of the hill, we could see the decrepit castle gate and walls. 

The castle had cracks, and there were holes in the walls.

"It's different from the Laputa I imagined..."

"Its official name is the Castle of the Fallen Angels. It's set in a story where the demons took over the castle, and the remaining angels turned into monsters..."

"Wow, it's quite detailed."

As we arrived at the castle gate, thanks to the invitation to the Sky Castle, the gate opened slowly.

"There are enemies that use magic. I'll make sure I'm their target, so be careful."

"Okay, I got it."

The boss of this dungeon, High Angel, was in his early thirties in level. 

At this rate, it wouldn't be enough, but when the sorcerer reaches level 15,

I'll learn that skill. With the combination of a thief, even at level 20, it should be enough. 

Bat-like and rat-like monsters appeared, but none of them were a match for me and Ao-chan. 

Our weakness as a team was our low sustainability in prolonged combat. Since battles would rely on SP, we needed to avoid exhaustion, so we had to focus on physical attacks in the early stages of the dungeon. 

There were rest points, but they were still far away. 

We continued down the desolate hallway without hesitation in between battles. 

Then, we heard a sound similar to an auditory inspection.

"What's this sound?"

"They're here. Angel."

When we turned the corner, there was an enemy in front of the door.


――――――――――

Angel

LV 24

HP 222

SP 89

――――――――――


It has adult height, wearing a silver helmet with several scars on its head. 

Dirty, thin wings sprouted from its back, and floated in the air. 

In its hand, they held a silver sword with a dull edge. 

While typically, rear guards use magic, this one was of the melee type.

"It appears normal, but they are more than a match for us. Let's stay focused."

"Okay!"

I had Ao-chan use her familiar debuff skills, [Heavy Curse] and [Dissonance]. 

As for me, I increased the success rate of stealing using [Thief's Aesthetic Eye] and initiated the attack with [Plunder] as soon as we got close.

<Stole Dirty Wing orand Rusty Silver Sword>

<Dealt 15 damage to the Angel>

For me, [Thief's Aesthetic Eye] was a powerful skill. 

The item choices that appear are random. 

If my memory serves me correctly, there should be one more item I can steal.

"Fa-a-a-an!"

The enemy moved lightly and then swung its sword.

Indoors, we could use the Immortal Spider Silk, making evasion easy. 

We moved instantly to the ceiling to dodge the attack, and then Ao-chan and I used the same skills.

<Stole Dirty Wing or Angel's Ring>

<Dealt 15 damage to the Angel>

Great, it's the item I wanted. 

The Angel's Ring was one of the items that could only be obtained by stealing at this level.

Now, I attacked the Angel while conserving SP. 

Ao-chan didn't have much to do without me using skills, so she cheered me on.

Without [Heavy Curse], the Angel didn't pose much of a threat, and no critical hits occurred. It took a long time, but we whittled down its HP.

<Shiozaki Minato obtained 580 experience points>

<Leveled up>

<Skill [Plunder] proficiency increased to A->

<Skill [Thief's Aesthetic Eye] proficiency increased to E>

<Obtained Rusty Silver Sword and 3700 Lin from the Angel>


――――――――――

Minato Ushiozaki

Job: Thief

Level: 16

HP: 56/56

SP: 28/33

Attack: 17 + 15

Defense: 11

Magic Attack: 7

Magic Defense: 8

Agility: 28 + 4 + 3

Titles: Daring Thief, Flame of Tenacity, Mirage, Poison User

Skills: Plunder (A-), Deception (B), Pyrotechnics (D+), Thief's Aesthetic Eye (E)

――――――――――


[Thief's Aesthetic Eye] allowed me to choose what I wanted to steal, and a selection screen appeared, presenting you with the options of Dirty Wing and Angel's Ring.


――――――――――

Dirty Wing

Material for armor

――――――――――


――――――――――

Angel's Ring

Magic Defense +2

SP +5

――――――――――

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test