22 November 2023

Mob MC 352.2

Test

Chapter 352.2. The Decisive Battle Approaches


-Miu's POV-

"… I'm thinking of using the Old God job."

Unintentionally nervous, I take a deep breath. I've never used this job before.

Unlike Gods, Old God is different. Its power is a premium job that far surpasses God. In the game, it was just a premium job, but I don't know what will happen in this world.

"So, I'll switch to Old God job with a click!"

"The young lady is quite casual; I really admire your iron heart."

Frigg-oneesan chuckles, and while everyone watches, I switch the job on the status board.

To the Old God.

-Changed job to Old God-

System-san's log is displayed, and a sense of floating invades my body. When I thought my vision had turned completely dark, the scenery changed.

"Is this... a meadow?"

As Mii-chan looks around, it's a vast meadow overflowing with greenery. Soft, inviting grass that looks comfortable to lie on is growing, and a gentle breeze rustles it like waves.

The warm sunshine feels pleasant, inducing drowsiness.

"It's the beginning of the world."

The voice of a man, too familiar from behind, reaches my ears.

"Parfaits are the best!"

She also hears the joyful voice of a small girl. Hmmm, I sense the presence of a parfait. Mii-chan wants to eat too!

However, Mii-chan can't move a single finger. It seems like her actions are inhibited.

But Mii-chan's mouth can move, so she exhales smoothly and voices the question she wants to ask.

"Do you have Mii-chan's parfait? You have it, right? What flavor is it?"

She thinks it's essential not to be left out. Mii-chan wants to eat parfait too! There might be other things she wants to ask, but the parfait is more important!

"Sorry, this is mine!"

"Eh~! Mii-chan too! Please give Mii-chan some! Just a bite is fine."

Aaaah.

"You're opening your mouth so wide! It's gross~!"

Seem like she's a stingy girl. Mmm, parfait, parfait.

"Well... As usual, it's as usual, but it's too much to move only with instincts."

Even though the uncle's voice sounds amazed, she thinks it can't be helped. Instincts are what move Mii-chan.

"As expected, it seems like it's impossible without uncle's support. You're just thinking about the parfait."

"You're the same. You move too much with instincts."

"I've been like this from the beginning."

"Mii-chan has been like this from the beginning."

Both of them say in unison, unapologetically. Their instincts are screaming for them to eat the parfait.

She's starting to remember. Oh right, that's how it was. Mii-chan had a weakness for acting on instinct.

"Well, never mind. More importantly, Old God is the trigger. Your perfect synchronization has finally begun. Time will be crucial from now on."

"Old God. In other words, that's me!"

The girl's voice happily responds to the uncle's voice. Mii-chan can understand even though she can't see their forms.

"That's right. Look, time is running out."

Whether it was the uncle's voice that served as a trigger or not, Mii-chan can now move only her head, so she looks around. A peaceful world where a meadow is surrounded by a dome with a boundary line, and beyond the boundary line, the world is filled with blowing ash. In the distance, I can see a half-eaten parfait placed there.

"I'll do my best in the final sprint! There's only a little parfait left!"

"Yeah, the glass looks like it's about to break. Well done!"

Mii-chan becomes happy at the cheerful voice. Maybe we can dance together like before. Luntatta. It would surely be fun.

The glass of the parfait has cracks, and although there is something inside, the quantity is decreasing. Unlike before, Mii-chan and the others have worked hard, and the result is showing.

"Everything will change with the actions from now on. Before that, we have to eliminate those who are misunderstanding."

"But we decided not to use the key to the door. Se-chan would be sad, so."

I'm a bit lost about what to do with the uncle's words. Forcing the door open might shatter the glass.

"… Probably, preventing the use of the key is no longer possible. Did you see it? It was already dealt with."

"The enemy's identity is something like Helheim… An opponent I can't observe."

"I see… then we need to comfort Se-chan. Poor Se-chan."

Is Masatoshi-kun useless? She had a feeling he might be a bit useless, but it was unfortunate. Well, Mii-chan isn't all-powerful, so it can't be helped.

"Well, if luck is on our side, he might be saved. That guy seems to have strong bad luck at least."

"Then let's bet on luck!"

Seeing the dejected Mii-chan, uncle casually utters a carefree voice. Good. If there's a way to save him, Mii-chan can be relieved. If not, we'll just have to accept the consequences and hope for some good luck.

"I feel a bit embarrassed calling it Old God, but with perfect synchronization, my preparations are complete. So act quickly! The glass will surely shatter once perfect synchronization is complete."

"Defeat Ashtaroth, stop the loop, and bring the Dawn up."

"Yes!"

I respond energetically to the words of the little girl and uncle.

And then, before I knew it, I was back in my original My Room.

Odin and the others inquire with their eyes about what happened, so I shake my head. This is Mii-chan and the others' secret action. She'll talk about it after defeating Ashtaroth, so for now, she wants them to wait.

It's necessary for me to exist as a human.

"I'll go defeat Ashtaroth tomorrow."

Perfect synchronization has begun. There's no turning back now.

With a smile, I smile.

Perfect synchronization. I feel the memories of the parfait flowing in. I love chocolate parfait. Mii-chan likes strawberry parfait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test