12 November 2023

Mob MC 342.2

Test

Chapter 342.2. Drastic Changes


-Masatoshi's POV-

"Fool! I've heard rumors about the Spatial Witch, but there's no way to know if it's true. It's said to be like a fortune teller! 'Eight trigrams whether it hits or misses,' that kind of thing."

My father, shouting and spitting, tightened his grip on my face while I smirked. He's seriously angry. That's bad.

"I get it, okay? Anyway, hardly anyone has met Spatial Witch. It's strange for rumors to circulate that she knows everything when she rarely interacts with people. Don't you feel a contradiction?"

"Oh, now that you mention it, it does seem strange, doesn't it? Why is that?"

It's weird when you think about it. The gray-haired girl rarely meets people, yet rumors say she knows everything. Just because she answered a few questions doesn't mean everyone would spread rumors that she knows everything. Huh? What's going on? Did the original author create a contradictory setting?

"It's obviously for self-promotion and manipulation. Just like a scam artist. Because she's capable, it doesn't become an issue."

With a sigh, he released his grip. I thought my face was going to collapse. Damn you, crappy father! Be a little gentler!

"Marchioness Takano isn't the type to aim for the Emperor's throne. A type to target the Emperor?"

"Shee seems more like the type to tear up in a game of musical chairs, about to be left without a seat."

Se probably couldn't get a seat first, and she'd crying with teary eyes.

"...I understand the image you have. So, I was hesitating because I thought it might be a misunderstanding. But, considering what Shin and the Spatial Witch said, I was unsure."

Answering my father, who frowned, I also thought the same. But I think the compulsory force of the original will come into play.

"Stop hanging out with Shin from now on. That's my order as the Duke Aguni. If you go against it, it won't end with just a suspension, got it?"

With a terrifying expression reminiscent of a demon from hell, my father threatened. I should probably nod.

"If what Shin said is correct, your position will become difficult, you know?"

"Our family motto is not to force ourselves for profit. Ignore dangerous matters. Aguni Dukedom doesn't need money or power to the point of aiming for high risks and high returns."

"But I think the silver race is a sure thing..."

If I'm forbidden from hanging out with Shin here, the future of Mob-like protagonist Aguni Masatoshi will disappear. I panicked.

"Do you understand what you're saying? Those who say that in investments or horse racing never win, you know?"

"It's okay. I'll bet my position as the successor. No, I'm fine betting my 2 years of pocket money."

Somewhat feeling that betting the position of the successor here would set a flag, I changed the collateral.

"...Fine. If you're saying that much, I have no choice. By the way, losing means no hunting monsters to earn money. The point of this bet would be meaningless then."

"Alright, leave it to me, Father!"

Smacking my chest confidently, I looked at my father, who seemed tired and slumped into a chair. At the same time, there was a knocking sound on the car window.

"What's that?"

My father asked through the speaker, and an immediate response followed.

"It's the Third Royal Guard. Are you Duke Aguni?"

"Oh, right, have we arrived already?"

Due to the magic car's performance and the driver's skill, my father hadn't even noticed that we had stopped. The driver opened the door, and my father and I stepped out. The winter air was biting cold, so I quickly used mana to regulate my body temperature.

I wondered if the gray-haired girl might have taken control of the Royal Palace, but it didn't seem so. In front of the main door, Imperial Guards were on guard, and although they seemed to be running around for some reason, it didn't look like things had gotten out of control.

Noticing the tense atmosphere, my father approached a nearby Royal Guard and asked.

"It seems a bit tense here. Do you know what's happening? If you do, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me."

"Yes, Spatial Witch had cast mind-control magic on His Majesty the Emperor. But, thanks to Marchioness Takano, the magic has been lifted, and some of the Royal Guards and Warriors are moving to apprehend her."

"I see. Thank you. So, His Majesty called me to restore him to normal. Understood."

The Royal Guard saluted and left. Was that an auditory hallucination? Or is it a trap?

Turning around, my father patted my shoulder with a warm smile.

"Well then, your pocket money is zero until high school. Don't worry, I'll cover the minimum necessary expenses for the dignity of the Dukedom. But it's just the bare minimum, okay?"

"...N-no, Father. That must be a mistake... Huh?"

"I told you! From now on, if someone suggests a silver race or investment, cut off the investment! Now, let's get going!"

"Huh? Isn't this strange? What about my protagonist route?"

Mentally manipulated? Wait, what kind of development is this? Someone explain! Confused Masatoshi, dragged along by his father, entered the castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test