04 November 2023

Mob MC 330.2

Test

Chapter 330.2. The Throne Feels Uncomfortable


That's right! I'll mix it with Frigg-oneesan's coffee powder. If the gold dust is gone, no one will know the culprit! Covering up the evidence!"

With this clever idea, Mii-chan raises both hands and dances a little. It should be fine, right?

There shouldn't be any problems anymore, I think, letting out a sigh of relief as I check the log.

It seems the system update is complete, as it's displayed, so it should have worked.

-System update complete. The successful release of the observation point using the Throne of Hlidskjalf-

"Great, it worked!"

It was a success.

The Throne of Hlidskjalf can observe the world, and by changing the settings, it can observe other worlds as well. And when I observe it. It means...

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you, right? It's an interesting way to use the Throne of Hlidskjalf, young lady."

A voice from behind startles Mii-chan, making her shudder.

There shouldn't have been any signs of anyone. Why are they here?

"Grandpa... didn't you go back home? And why is Frigg-oneesan here too?"

Turning around, I call out to the two people behind me. It was a plan I thought would be free from interference since no one was around, and it was a God realm.

"Young lady, it's already bedtime. You should go to bed soon. I thought it was strange to see you fidgeting like this."

Frigg-oneesan walks over with an exasperated expression. Grandpa Odin sharpens his gaze.

"Why was the young lady so fixated on the Throne of Hlidskjalf from the beginning? Both Miss and we should be protected by the system, shouldn't we?"

Oh no. It was only family members, so I forgot to act. I was too careless.

They used Frigg-oneesan's skills to stay hidden, right?

"It's not good to doubt your companions!"

"Weren't you trying to shift the blame onto someone?"

"Mii-chan is probably sleeping! This is just sleeptalking and sleepwalking! Maybe she's been sleepwalking because she's been busy with work lately!"

"Hehe, you say the weirdest things, young lady. Isn't healing magic your specialty?"

Frigg-oneesan, with a slight smile on her lips, puts the gold dust into the coffee cup. She's always a steady goddess.

Darn it, I was so close to the perfect crime!

"That's enough joking around, young lady. Just what were you trying to do? Or, what did you do?"

Grandpa Odin holds Gungnir against Mii-chan's throat, interrogating her.

"It's cruel to point Gungnir at a companion!"

"Isn't it equally cruel to take action without telling your companions?"

"Ugh... I was preparing a surprise, okay? Mii-chan didn't do anything wrong!"

I had prepared a small surprise party. It would have been something that everyone would find surprising.

To prove her innocence, Mii-chan meets Grandpa Odin's gaze. Even though she covers her eyes slightly, her gaze remains focused.

"Young lady... I've had questions from the beginning. Who are you, young lady? Initially, I thought you were Nidhogg. The eternal dragon that gnaws at Yggdrasil's roots. That's what I thought your true identity was."

"Nidhogg gets bored gnawing at the roots when the end of days arrives and flies to a new world, right? It could be true. Mii-chan's true identity is... Nidhogg?"

"No, we know it's not the case now. For one, there's no dragon scent coming from you, young lady, as Heimdall pointed out. And for Nidhogg, it's impossible to have such a diverse range of powers like you. It's inconceivable. Nidhogg is a complete existence as an evil dragon. It couldn't easily gain new powers like a department store."

I tried to dismiss it with a quirk of my head, but it seems Heimdall let slip some unnecessary information. Perhaps I should have ordered him to keep it a secret from the companions.

"I'll tell you once the final battle is over. Who Mii-chan really is? Because it was a surprise, right? Don't worry. It won't lead to a bad future. Mii-chan declares it!"

Slowly standing up, I pat my chest with a poof and make a solemn expression, turning it towards Grandpa Odin.

"So you have no intention of telling us? We might have to treat you as an adversary. We've already regained the power to nullify attacks against our companions."

"It's a skill that Frigg-oneesan mentioned. I had anticipated it, but it seems I did manage to escape the system. But I don't think I'll become an enemy, okay? Mii-chan is not a villain! I'm the good and helpful Takano Miu!"

Grandpa Odin stares intently. The tension continues.

Mii-chan looks at him seriously, and Odin rubs his white beard as he ponders. Frigg is busy wrapping the pile of gold dust in a cloth.

However, this tense situation ended when Grandpa Odin put Gungnir into the item box.

"Very well. There's also our debt of giving us a second chance at life. I'll watch what the young lady is aiming for."

"Don't worry! It's a modest goal!"

With a small smile, Mii-chan considers this matter settled. It's a relief that it won't lead to her having to fight Odin and the others.

[I've released it. Now you just have to wait.]

[Yeah, we just have to wait.]

With a peaceful smile and her cat tail swaying back and forth, Mii-chan leaves My Room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test