03 November 2023

Mob MC 330.1

Test

Chapter 330.1. The Throne Feels Uncomfortable


It's midnight. The witching hour when even the plants and animals are asleep. The Odin family has already returned home, and my room is now empty, with a quiet world of starry skies spread across the sky.

The sanctuary created in the image of the Well of Hvergelmir is a miniature garden with grasslands, forests, and streams, but devoid of any living beings. 

There is no past or future there, just a miniature god garden that exists. However, someone has translocated into this supposedly empty miniature garden.

"...Is nobody here?"

A petite figure, carrying a stuffed rabbit under her arm, heads towards the spring with small, bouncing steps. Her cat ears wiggle, and her tail sways, but upon closer inspection, they are artificial. 

It seems she is wearing a cat pajama.

"Ugh... I'm so tired. I should have done this when it's Saturday."

Tomorrow is Wednesday, and there's still school, which causes me to pout in frustration. My body sways unsteadily, and I seem about to fall asleep.

"Am I too busy for a middle schooler? If I keep this up, I'll become a workaholic. I've thought about it for a long time, but working 2 a week is just right."

I tilt my head, wondering if I haven't ended up with a black job. 

"Oh yeah, Rabbit-san. After all of this is over, I'm going to become an adventurer! I'll occasionally defeat high-level monsters and lead a laid-back, slow life. If I cast recovery magic once a month, I can even be a good girl. Let's make Tokyo Development just like a game, once a month!"

I'm a genius. I pick up Rabbit-san's stuffed animal. I dance with joy. 

A cute fairy dancing in the starlight, her silky gray hair shimmers like spun silk in the light, and her deep blue eyes sparkle.

I move my frail limbs rhythmically, dancing a little dance that seems like it would break if touched. 

The identity of this girl is none other than the world's cutest background character, Takano Miu. 

After the discussions were over, she sneaked back quietly, still wearing her cat pajamas, carrying Rabbit-san, and rubbing her eyes, struggling to stay awake.

After dancing and wiping the sweat from her forehead, Mii-chan places Rabbit-san by the spring.

"There's not much time until dawn, so I guess I'll do what needs to be done now."

I retrieved the desired item from my item box. With a loud thud, a mysterious throne made of gold appears at the lakeside.

The Throne of Hlidskjalf. It's a Sacred Artifact that can see everything in the world. Mii-chan hesitates for a moment but then sits down on it without hesitation. 

The throne is quite large, so her feet do not touch the ground, and she uses magic to keep herself afloat.

"I commend the Throne of Hlidskjalf. Respond to Mii-chan's will."

The Throne of Hlidskjalf lights up and illuminates the surroundings. A vast amount of information flows into Mii-chan, and all sorts of knowledge pouring in.

It's great to have an information-gathering artifact. Or, I'd like to say that.

But I don't really need this information. 

I wanted the Throne of Hlidskjalfb for a different purpose. It's a secret from everyone.

I wave my hand to cut off the information flow and narrow my eyes, shifting my focus.

"Change the Observation Point of the World"

-Modification to change the observation point of the Throne of Hlidskjalf-

The Throne of Hlidskjalf emits a sharp discharge. The golden throne starts creaking, and cracks begin to appear.

Even while watching this happen, Mii-chan continues to channel her magic power, seemingly unaffected.

"Change the current world observation point to another specified world."

-Beginning the modification-

The Throne of Hlidskjalf begins to shake violently. It appears that making these modifications is quite a challenge.

But it should be possible since it's a Sacred Artifact capable of observing the world. That was the original purpose for obtaining it. It was just a ruse to say she didn't want Mii-chan and the others to be spied on.

If someone tried to spy on the God realm, it would be like Heimdall losing an eye, and the Throne of Hlidskjalf would likely be damaged as well.

"Ouch!"

The Throne of Hlidskjalf makes an unpleasant sound and shatters, unable to bear the strain.

Leaning against the backrest and pretending to be a big shot, Mii-chan is thrown off the throne. 

I fall backward with a thud, and using the impact from hitting my head, I quickly flip over into a somersault. I show off my agility despite not using any -Fight- commands.

I somersaulted for real, you know.

"Ow, ow, I shouldn't have leaned against the backrest."

I had a feeling it might break, but it really did.

The Throne of Hlidskjalf has turned into tiny fragments, piling up on the ground.

Then, it dawns on her. Is this a big problem?

"...What should I do about this? Grandpa might get mad..."

She pokes at the fragments, and they turn into a pile of gold dust. It broke even more!

"Oh no, uh, a chair. Maybe I can get away with it if I give the best chair as a gift. Thanks for everything, Grandpa. Is it still Respect for the Aged Day?"

-System update in progress... -

Although the log is displayed, Miwa is too preoccupied. I panic, covering my mouth with my hand.

She really doesn't want to get scolded. Mii-chan has a reputation for being a good kid.

I desperately think about how I can make amends. What should I do? What should I do? Poof, poof, ching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test