15 November 2023

Earth Dungeon 96.2

Test

Chapter 96.2. Crystallization


"Hey, Mr. President, what are you doing?"

"Can't salt and sugar get a bit cheaper?"

"Are mix-ins not allowed?"

As I walk through the building, various people greet me, and I casually wave and respond.

"I'm repairing the building. Salt and sugar aren't getting any cheaper. If we forbid mix-ins, the cost of food will go up. Don't you want to drink ale every day?"

I haven't completed the apartments, so people consider the office rooms as their homes. Signs are posted in front of each room, and from beyond the doors, I hear voices, bright voices, arguing voices, and children's playful voices. The various sounds indicate that people's lives have improved.

The hallway is filled with laundry fluttering like an international flag, making it difficult to walk. Although we regularly clean the water storage tank and fill it to the top, there are no showers here. 

Only the penthouse has one. So, we set up tents outside for baths. Hmm, I need to do something about this too. The amount of firewood is not to be underestimated. If only Serika could bring a generator, we could solve the electricity problem.

I press the hydrating agent against the concrete walls, fixing them rapidly. It's a bit of fun. It's satisfying to see it fix quickly. Magic really ignores the laws of physics. The first species that went extinct must have been physicists, without a doubt.

I go around the corporate headquarters, fixing all the walls and floors. I let Shadow Snake hold crystals and fix the outer walls. After a while...

Looking at the exterior of the corporate headquarters from the outside, I was satisfied.

Shiny walls. We still need to repaint the walls, but it's much better. It's at a level where I can proudly say.

"This is the headquarters of Tenchigahara Corporation."

"Wow, it looks beautiful!"

"Our home is so magnificent!"

"Hehe, I'm glad I live in this building."

"You teased me earlier, Mr. President!"

As the employees noticed the rapidly repairing building, they gathered around. They looked at each other's happy faces and chatted. Sorry, Ryuko, I was planning to go with the skill until a while ago.

Will this last for a while? For now, it's a dramatic before-and-after, right?

I nod while gazing at the headquarters. It's quite nostalgic, considering I've been using this place as my base for how many years now?

[It's our love nest, Sakimori-san. Hehe.]

With a hand on her cheek, Shizuku smiles shyly.

[Don't say something embarrassing.]

I shrug my shoulders in response. She puffs out her cheeks and pretends to punch me warmly, but it doesn't hurt since she's an ethereal being. Don't expect reactions like a young guy from an old man.

As the residents rejoice and I continue to admire the building,

"Sakimori-shan! I use majic!"

The little girl, riding on Shadow Tiger, came out of the building holding a bouquet in her arms. Huh? What's going on? Behind the little girl, there's a figure of Hana, clinging to Shadow Tiger to avoid falling.

"Wow~! It's so shainy now!"

With a cute and gleeful smile, the little girl informs me.

Looking at the bouquet the girl is holding, it's filled with spring flowers. Hana seems to be struggling to breathe as she clings to Shadow Tiger, panting. Maybe only petite girls can manage this.

As I take the bouquet, I inspect it closely... What is this? Did it change into something like a crystal? And it was a bit chilly before, but now it feels warm.

"S-so, when this girl pressed crystals onto the spring bouquet, they fused and turned into minerals. When I investigated, it turned out she was changing the temperature within a 15-meter radius to 25°C! I tried pushing the limits, and while I don't know about the positive changes, I managed to lower the room temperature within a 10-meter radius to 25°C!"

Recovering from her excitement, Hana reports with enthusiasm. That's incredible! And then, well, winter might be a stretch, but with this, we could cover up to a certain amount of cold. If it's inside a room, it could be useful.

"All right! We've found a use for it! With this, we can mass-produce spring flowers which might be useful in a greenhouse. Winter flowers can be used as a freezer!"

If we put winter flowers in a freezer with a bit of ice. It might work. Unexpectedly, we've discovered a different use for crystallization. This way, we won't waste flowers.

"Good job! I'll give you all the chocolate later. Well done. We got lucky."

"Hehe~. I did my best~."

Giggling and shyly covering her cheeks, the adorable little girl wriggles her body. Hmm, maybe I should grant her the patent. For now, let's give her lots of sweets.

But still... I got deceived. Wasn't this supposed to be a plant? It's a mineral, huh? No wonder it doesn't reproduce. Does the withering mean it's deteriorating?

[We were deceived by appearances. It's a fast-crystallizing mineral. Like stalactites.]

[Yeah, that makes sense. Don't get deceived by appearances.]

I agree with Shizuku's words. I couldn't have known. It's a trap.

"So, how did you get those crystals? I'd like a lot of them if possible."

"Should I call Serika...?"

Facing reality with Hana's words. Can she make the magic hydrating agent?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test