11 November 2023

Earth Dungeon 94.2

Test

Chapter 94.2. Taira Family


So, you guys defeated those dangerous creatures, right? Um, was it the Jester Knight Order? By commanding a masked girl, you exterminated them?"

Even though he knows the answer, Kiyoshi-niisama asks with a questioning expression, so I respond confidently.

"Yes, that's correct. She's the subordinate I secretly cultivated."

"That's amazing, Konoha. But can you really trust those subordinates? Would it be alright if I take charge?

Flare-neesama, asking with an admiring expression, has a smirk on her lips. She doesn't believe at all in the idea of me cultivating subordinates. 

I suppose she would say that she will deal with the self-proclaimed subordinates I have obtained, whom I have no idea how to trust, but that's not the case. I can't let your sister take away my very capable subordinates.

"Leave it to my knight order. I vow to make it work."

Placing my hand on my chest, I express determination in my eyes. This is an opportunity, a chance that fell into my lap. The benefits are significant. For now, I don't know the drawbacks.

"A knight order powerful enough to defeat Dragoons. How many do you have, Konoha?"

"I'm fine. The room got a bit holey, though."

Late last night, a masked girl appeared in my room somehow. Unnoticed, she wreaked havoc. Or rather, she destroyed all the set-up cameras and bugs. She also gave a glare to the maid who was waiting in the corner of the room and promptly chased her away. The maid, with unwavering loyalty, smiled and bowed before quickly leaving. Her loyalty is so touching it's almost tear-inducing.

"Hehe, she's quite skilled. I didn't expect her to destroy all the cameras and bugs. I'll deduct the repair costs from your allowance, Konoha."

Mother casually reveals that she has been monitoring her child without any remorse. Her expression looks genuinely friendly, without a trace of malice. Flare-oneesama clicks her tongue, suggesting that the one who set up the surveillance isn't alone.

"I'd like to protest that, but I understand. I want you to stop monitoring me. I'll be troubled if you deduct my allowance again."

"Well then. Since the surveillance through skills has been broken, I'll stop. Your subordinates seem excellent. But if they're that capable, I'd like to meet them too. Paying their salaries might be difficult, right?"

"...That's true, Mother. My knight order wants to make a deal. They say I can pay them with these compensations."

Exhaling, I take a glass bottle from my pocket. A red liquid sways inside the glass bottle.

Mother and Flare-neesama frown as they gaze at the glass bottle. A butler, waiting on the side, takes the glass bottle and hands it to Mother. Looking at the small emblem on the glass bottle, Mother ponders for a moment, then suddenly realizes its true nature and stiffens her expression.

"Is this, by any chance, a Skill Level Up Potion? Level 3, and a 50% increase! I've rarely seen one of these!"

"Is that true, Mother? Because... isn't that potion one of the rarest of the rare?"

"Well, yes. Those potions are items you can obtain in dungeons of the level that you'd usually destroy with missiles or bombings. They rarely drop in dungeons where, by some chance, easily defeatable monsters appear. Right?"

Mother expresses surprise, and Flare-neesama, unable to believe it, is bewildered. Kiyoshi-niisama, slightly widening his narrowed eyes, mentions the origin of this potion.

"My subordinates presented it to me. In exchange, the terms of the deal state that only I, not my subordinates, will meet the trading partner, and there will be no investigation into the identity of my subordinates or the source of the potion. ...Is it genuine? That's what I was told."

The masked girl appeared in the middle of the night. When I encountered her during the day, her foolish appearance was nowhere to be found. Instead, she exuded an atmosphere so chilling that it wouldn't be strange if she were what we call an assassin. With an emotionless-sounding voice, she handed over the precious potion as if it were nothing, explaining its effects.

When I heard about its effects, I was so astonished that I almost dropped it.

"Whether it's genuine or not, you can test it with my subordinates... Yes, she must be quite a capable individual to obtain this. Alright, run the knight order properly? I don't want them going to the Ashikaga or Minamoto houses."

"Is it part of the schemes the other two houses are plotting, Mother?"

A composed Flare-oneesama, while eating her meal, asks. Mother, shaking her head, denies the possibility.

"That's unlikely. Sending such a powerful subordinate to the Heike? There's even a possibility of being killed."

"Forced out for being too talented... but she seems too young for that, doesn't she?"

In response to Mother's words, Kiyoshi-niisama puts his hand on his chin, his expression turning troubled. It seems he can't imagine who this person might be.

"Let's not pry too much. Let's observe for a bit."

Tilting her head and smiling like a girl, Mother's demeanor suggests that she recognizes my role as a negotiator.

Flare-neesama, with a complicated expression, looks at me. Perhaps half of it is concern, and the other half is dissatisfaction with me having power. As for Kiyoshi-niisama, he remains silent, and it's unclear what he's thinking.

"For now, Mother. Can you prepare the money? They want to continue selling potions and rare items."

A large sum is needed. Surely I need to prepare several hundred million yen.

"Well, understood. Hehe, it's getting interesting."

With approval granted, Mother eats her dessert and looks at all of us.

"By the way, do you want to eat grilled rice balls to finish?"

We all agreed to grilled rice balls. After all, we get hungry even with a course meal. Despite appearances, we are purebred Japanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test