26 November 2023

Bottom Tier 34

 Test

Long-Range Attacks And SP


We decided to temporarily form a special party, conveyed our intentions to the receptionist, and initiated the bounty quest. 

Opting to travel to the vicinity by carriage, Ao-chan, the Holy Knight, the White Mage, and I all boarded the same carriage.

"It's been four days since the quest started. They said 8 parties have already taken it."

Remarked the Holy Knight and the White Mage continued.

"Probably just after the reward money; they'll bail if it looks tough. Those who jump in first are usually like that."

The White Mage, appearing indifferent, had been teasing the Holy Knight who had earlier said he didn't need the reward.

"Even so, there's been no report of failure or cancellations. None of the parties have returned yet. They're not just idling around, all eight of them."

Ao-chan's expression clouded. 

"It must be a considerably powerful enemy... I thought I was more popular. Three million is impressive, though."

"You don't really get it, huh? The popular B-rank bounty quests have rewards below a million. That's because the target is weak. And those who can defeat them are also reasonably strong. So, there are more of them."

It resonated with my experience in games, so I nodded slightly.

There was a strange tension inside the carriage. 

In the distance, a blurry old castle came into view.

"The castle where Amber is said to be is on top of the hill, and there's an emergency escape route that leads to the southern side of the hill through a waterway. You can infiltrate from the waterway without having to walk to the vicinity of the castle."

"Really?"

"Huh? Seriously?"

"Yeah!"

The Holy Knight, White Mage, and Ao-chan successively raised their voices.

"If you approach from the front, you'll receive a rough welcome."

"You know a lot, Thief."

"Well, well, well, well. We're kind of like friends."

"Stopping a fallen friend with your own hands? That's intense!"

Well, let's leave it at that.

The Holy Knight relayed that to those behind.

The two carriages began to circumvent the hill. 

Along the way, Ao-chan pointed outside the window.

"Hey. Are those members of another party?"

"One, two... about ten people. Did two parties team up?"

"No, it's not an S-rank party!"

The preceding group was leisurely climbing the hill.

"...They're in trouble, those people."

"How do you know?"

"Don't underestimate the strength of an S-rank party, Thief-kun."

Amber was level 63, he should remember that.

The appearance of figures in the castle and the activation of a skill effect were simultaneous. 

A momentary glimmer of amber light, and a unique firing sound, Byoon, echoed.

It was a super long-range sniping skill—[Star Ray].

"Oh, no!"

Immediately after saying that, a roar and screams resounded. 

Sand smoke rose, and when it cleared, the preceding group, who should have been about ten people, was reduced by half.

"Wha...they died all at once!?"

"If it's an S-rank party, the individuals are probably A-rank on average, right? And that happened in an instant..."

"Minato-kun's acquaintance isn't this too much...!?"

The 3 people besides me were taken aback. 

Amidst the confusion of the preceding group, one person who had tried to escape with his back turned was exploded by another [Star Ray] that was released.

"""... ..."""

The three people beside me lost color in their faces.

"I strongly feel the intention not to let them escape. It was the right decision not to climb the hill."

Knowing Amber's Secrets, I could anticipate the unfolding events.

But for the three, it seemed more shocking than they had imagined.

Scornfully sniping adventurers scattered in all directions, Amber annihilated them. 

Witnessing Amber move, not at my behest but by her judgment to launch an attack, I could objectively appreciate the prowess of my in-game character. 

While I acknowledged her strength, the thought of facing her in battle left me slightly disheartened.

"Although she has a range of long to mid-range magical attack skills, detection is her weak point. If you approach from the south, the small forest can act as cover, allowing you to enter through the waterway without being targeted."

"If she shoots like that, even with a shield, it's pointless."

"Shall we stop for today? She's in excellent condition. Even if we go..."

"No, today. Given that situation, today is the best."

The three exchanged glances, wearing puzzled expressions.

"By the way, you don't have to worry; she can't shoot at close or mid-range. If there's a strategy, it's to courageously approach."

Amber, the next challenger...

She probably saw us.

But she had no intention of attacking us outside the castle.

We could make a detour without incident.

The morale of the members, excluding me, who got off the carriage, was very low.

"The enemy is just a backline attacker. Her levels are not much different from yours, and if you cooperate, she's not a formidable adversary."

There was no choice but to say this. With faces like the dead, they wouldn't be able to win anything.

"Yeah, that's right!"

"We have to do it. It's the opponent we wished for."

"The joy of defeating a formidable enemy is ours."

"Let's do it! Let's go!"

With a slightly lifted party, we entered the forest.

In the vicinity, [Star Ray] struck, creating a large hole in the middle of the hill.

"I-Is she aiming at us?"

"Yes, it seems like she's looking for us."

"Hurry, let's get into the waterway."

"She'll hit us sooner or later!"

The waterway was visible, and my companions entered.

"..."

"Minato-kun, hurry."

Ao-chan invited me as I stopped.

"There's an item on this hill, so I'm going to take a look."

"What? What? What!?"

Ignoring the surprised Ao-chan, I jumped out of the forest.

If Amber found me immediately, she would release a [Star Ray].

The linear attack [Star Ray] had a predictable trajectory, making it easy to dodge, especially for lightly armored classes like me.

As I sprinted through, a roar and a tremor echoed from behind, and a bit of soil blew onto my head.

"I want her to shoot 2 or 3 more times."

Dashing up the hill, Amber shot another [Star Ray] towards me.

I evaded this one effortlessly too.

I found the desired item, an SP Potion, and collected it.

On the way back to the waterway, she tried to snipe again.

But she didn't hit me.

"Can we do that?"

"Yes."

I thought of Garling as someone who might be able to handle it.

But I didn't know where he was.

"Even in the guild, you two lovebirds keep flaunting it, huh, adventurer couple?"

Hey hey hey, approaching us was the male Paladin from before. 

His four companions were standing behind him.

"What do you want?"

"Don't squint your eyes like that. Don't be so wary. You're doing a bounty quest, right? I overheard it. Thief, I want to thank you."

"For what?"

"I was impressed. I got courage from watching the Arc Bison battle on the way to the Sky Castle."

I thought we had lost him when we scattered the carriage.

But apparently, he had followed us.

"Oh, that. Did something happen to it?"

"I was moved. I gained courage. Thanks to that, we became stronger."

I looked back at his companions, and they all nodded uniformly. 

Come to think of it, everyone seemed to have a different attitude than before.

When I asked about their levels, they were all level 50.

"Let us cooperate."

The 5 jobs were Paladin, Fighter for the vanguard, Magic Swordsman for the mid-guard, Hunter for the rear-guard, and White Mage.

Are we going to join this group? 

With this lineup, it would be seven against one.

Normally, even with a level difference, if the balance of offense and defense is maintained and there are enough numbers, you can win.

Normally.

"We requested this from you. We'll give up the bounty."

"Are you sure?"

"It's not for the money."

Could it be they're targeting Ao-chan again...?

"We seek the experience of battling strong opponents. With that, we can earn as much money as we want later."

It seems he has become a battle junkie without me realizing it.

...He got quite influenced by me.

I made eye contact with Ao-chan, and she nodded slightly.

"I'll follow Minato-kun."

"Then, please just this once."

"Leave it to us."

The Paladin and I shook hands firmly.

And thus, we temporarily formed a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test