27 October 2023

Seeker 218

Test

Chapter 218. Conclusion


After confirming the defeat of Fire Dragon, I shifted my gaze to another battlefield. 

Not far from our position, Yusefia-san was engaged in close combat with Fire Giant. 

The petite Dark Elf, wielding a slender sword, moved with incredible agility, darting back and forth, outmaneuvering the giant, who was many times her height. 

Her agility was even more impressive than Kazane-san's. 

While Yusefia-san seemed to have taken some damage, Fire Giant was in worse shape, and it seemed like she wouldn't win if left alone.

"Senpai, is it okay to deliver the finishing blow in situations like this?"

"Why not? We have a mission to defeat Fire Giant too. If we get scolded, we can always apologize later."

"Ah, there's a mission like that? Well then, here goes—Fenrir Arrow!"

Next to me, Yuzuki's Fenrir Bow ignited. A single shot with a pale blue trail pierced Fire Giant's left chest in a straight line. 

At that moment, the giant, who had prepared to strike Yusefia with his massive sword skill, never got to deliver that blow. 

Fire Giant's enormous body vanished, and a magic stone dropped. 

Yuzuki's attack appeared to be the finishing blow.

"Oh, so it ended on that side pretty quickly. You did well."

Yusefia-san picked up the magic stone and approached us. 

There didn't seem to be any particular reprimand for stealing the kill.

Griffin also seemed to have defeated its assigned Flame Eagle and returned to me, rubbing its fluffy body against me. 

It held a magic stone in its beak, likely from the defeated Flame Eagle. Good job. 

You managed to collect it without dropping it into the lava.

I accepted the magic stone and petted the Griffin's head as a gesture of praise. 

Griffin happily let out a "Kwaah" and snuggled closer to me.

"Daichi-kun, Daichi-kun!"

"Senpai, Senpai!"

Seeing this, Kazane-san and Yuzuki approached me, looking at me with eyes full of expectation. 

Yuzuki even removed her hat in anticipation.

You 2 aren't my familiars, are you? Is this really okay? Where's your human dignity?

It was a moot point at this stage, so I petted their heads in turn.

"Kazane-san and Yuzuki, thank you. Thanks to both of you working hard, we won. I appreciate it."

"Hehe. Daichi-kun's head pats are exceptional as always."

"Hehe. They have a mild yet profound flavor."

Their responses were as cryptic as ever. 

Maybe I'm a head-pat connoisseur?

"Senpai, thanks for protecting me. You were super cool. I was totally smitten. When you get back, and take off your armor, can I hug you?"

"Ugh... I, I mean, of course, it's fine. It's not like I helped you out of any special favor. I did it because I thought it was necessary based on the situation."

"Hmm... Is that a cover-up, or is it your true feelings?"

"It's a delicate matter. We're not straightforward, so I'll cast my vote for the latter. Senpai like that is cute too."

After I inadvertently responded with a tsundere line, another round of evaluations of me began between Kazane-san and Yuzuki.

Damn, it's embarrassing. And Yuzuki, calling me cute, of all things. 

I'll remember this.

I'll make you cute too, barking like a puppy and all.

"But just a little, I might be envious of Hotaru-chan, who gets to be protected by Daichi-kun. I also want to try being the heroine who's protected."

"Kazane-neechan is on the side being protected by us, too. Thanks to Kazane-neechan as well."

"You're welcome~♪"

Kazane-san hugged Yuzuki and gently stroked her head. It was a bit yuri-esque. Nice.

So, I'm the guy stuck between these Yuri moments. 

Uh-oh, I might get erased.

"...Ah, you lot, isn't it about time? It's hot in here. Once we're done, I want to leave."

Yusefia-san, who was giving us a dirty look, interjected. 

We had forgotten amid the sense of accomplishment, but we hadn't left the dungeon yet.

At the stage of successfully defeating all the monsters, the large door in the back of the boss room opened loudly. 

At the end of the door, we could see the radiance of a teleportation magic circle.

Also, when we defeated Fire Giant, a mission accomplishment notification appeared.

───────────────────────

Mission Defeated One Fire Giant Completed!

The entire party has gained 40,000 experience points each.

Musou Daichi has leveled up to level 39!

Kodachi Kazane has leveled up to level 39!

Yuzuki Hotaru has leveled up to level 40!

Current Experience Points:

Musou Daichi... 45,7634/49,9467 (Next level: 41,833)

Yuzuki Hotaru... 45,8926/49,9467 (Next level: 40,541)

Yuzuki Hotaru... 54,2301/56,4547 (Next level:: 22,246)

───────────────────────


There were some precarious moments at times, but looking at the results, everything turned out fine. 

After we completed post-battle tasks, such as healing, we proceeded towards the open large door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test