22 October 2023

Mob MC 318.2

Test

Chapter 318.2. Mii-chan Is A Good Girl


-Miu's POV-

In Foxgirl mode, Tamamo gently tilts her head, perking her ears, and pokes Mii-chan's side as she asks with a concerned expression, but Mi-chan has already checked on Yamiyo. No detail has been overlooked.

"It seems to be my turn now." 

A voice that papa and others haven't heard before. Immediately, Grandpa Kazamichi and the rest take combat positions.

"Wait! I've heard this voice before! Could it be... Heiemon-san?"

"He, Heiemon... Well, whatever. The reliable cavalry is here."

The space distorts, and an unhealthy-looking young man appears. He's wearing a tattered black jersey covered in grass and twigs.

It's Heimdall. Apparently, he survived the fall from the Sky Castle. I decided the name Heiemon on the spot.

"This one's one of my disciples. He's good at gathering information and has enough power to infiltrate this far. And who is that man?"

"Well, I found him on my way here. He's on the brink of death, but can we do something?"

Heimdall drops the man unceremoniously on the floor. The man's legs have been blown off, his guts are spilling out, and he's covered in blood. He's still alive, so it seems.

It's impressive how magicians seem to have such a resilient life force, even when they're practically dead.

"If he's still alive, there's no problem."

[Saint Heal]

With a quick healing spell, his legs grow back, his torso wounds close up, and he rapidly returns to a healthy state.

"Who's this guy?"

"I'm not sure. He seemed to be pursued by the rebel forces, so I thought picking him up might be a good idea, ahaha."

Heimdall, scratching his head and chuckling carefreely, seems like the kind of guy who picks up anything and turns his place into a dump.

"Ugh... Where is this...? And my body..."

Since he has recovered from unconsciousness, the man shakes his head and stands up. There's a feeling of déjà vu...

The man notices Mi-chan, and his face turns to one of shock. It looks like he knows her.

"Countess Takano!"

"Have we met somewhere?"

I tilt my head inquisitively, and the man places his hand on his chest and lowers his head.

"It's me. I used to be Captain Goto of the Royal Guard."

"Oh, I remember now! How have you been?"

Captain Goto, who had been declared dead. So why is he really on the brink of death?

"After that, I infiltrated various organizations and conducted investigations. Recently, I'd infiltrated as a private soldier to gather evidence because Duchess Ryusui's movements were suspicious."

With a bitter expression, Goto continues his story. So he had become one of Duchess Ryusui's soldiers. Perhaps there was originally an event to capture evidence. Sadly, Grandma disappeared with the refreshing breeze

"I got information about the movement of Duke Kanna's coup and was trying to escape to report it to Emperor-sama... but unfortunately, they discovered me."

"You were almost killed."

"Yes, I couldn't communicate because of the jamming."

That must have been very frustrating. After infiltrating for many years, did he fail to gather any evidence? Well, even if he had, he might not have told Mii-chan.

"Thank goodness you're safe. Please rest here."

You can sleep in Mii-chan's futon. Rir is occupying it, but making her move is quite the challenge.

"I can't do that. Judging from the situation, I believe the Emperor is also in danger."

"That's probably true. It wouldn't be surprising if the outcome is already decided. It would be futile to go now."

Grandpa Odin speaks coldly, and he's likely correct. But the Emperor is strong, and he probably still holds on.

Goto appears to share the same sentiment. He's looking at me with a strong determination in his eyes.

"I'm going to help the Emperor. Countess Takano, I'd like to request your assistance."

With a serious gaze, Goto bows his head. He's directing his words solely at Mii-chan and not the adults. It seems that was his intention from the beginning.

Hmm, what should she do? It seems that Sena has managed to escape.

"Heiemon, do you know where the Emperor is? It's enough to confirm the situation."

Grandpa Odin asks Heimdall. Come to think of it, he has the ability of [Clairvoyance], which we haven't used much.

"I don't think it'll work. The jamming is strong, so surveillance magic probably won't work. And in any case, surveillance magic is usually meant for defense."

"...Indeed, that's true. How about you, Heiemon?"

"Hmm, I can't see anything either. The jamming is too intense. It's spread all over this inn, so it's impossible."

Grandpa Odin grimaces at Grandpa Kazamichi's words and turns to Heimdall for confirmation. Heimdall shrugs and replies quite casually that it's impossible.

[The Emperor is still alive. He's in combat with his subordinates on the middle floor of the hotel where the fire started. There's a child with him, too.]

"What? A child, what kind of child?"

Nevertheless, that was just a feint. It was too dangerous to eavesdrop while jamming was in place, so he quickly switched to telepathy.

[It's a black-haired girl. Quite strong, but there are too many enemies. It might be hopeless.]

[It's Yamiyo-chan! She hasn't headed to the Sky Castle yet!]

Uh-oh, a lifelong mistake on Mii-chan's part. Her best friend is still in the hotel.

That's bad. I have to go help right away and with the condition of not showing my God power...

Mii-chan quickly ponders the situation. It's time for her to go all out in serious mode.

There's only one solution.

"Mama, I'm going to the bathroom for a moment!"

As long as I don't show my God power, it's fine, right? In that case, it doesn't need to be my God power.

With that decision in mind, she'll have to use forbidden magic to repel the military. Mii-chan is determined to use her terrifying magic and exits the room with determination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test