23 October 2023

Mob MC 317.2

Test

CChapter 317.2. Day Of Downfall


-Emperor's POVV-

To be honest, at this time, the Teleportation Crystals seem more like a trap. Using them could potentially teleport us right into the midst of the enemy. 

If it's not a trap... I can sense Kanna Yamato's cunning in this as well. If the rebellion fails, and Shin is the only one who opposes it, they might be trying to save him from punishment by aiding the Emperor's escape.

Considering Shin's magical abilities, it's not feasible to exile him as a commoner, so at most, he would get demoted to a lower noble rank like a viscount and most of his possessions confiscated, all for opposing the rebellion.

But in the case of failure... I can't understand Duke Kanna's intentions. Is he simply trying to save his son? There seems to be some hidden agenda, but I can't fathom it in my current state.

Regardless, I can't afford to make predictions when I can't even break free from the current situation.

However, not using the Teleportation Crystals is not an option either. As a member of the Royal Family, we must choose the option to survive.

"Sena, I order you. Use the Teleportation Crystals with Shin to escape."

"Me? No way! I can't do that. I'll fight here as well. I don't trust Shin at all, or, for that matter, anyone!"

My daughter, who opposed me directly with a disgusted expression aimed at Shin, surprised me with her words. It seemed she held strong animosity toward Shin. As a parent, I had not known she harbored such strong feelings.

With a wry smile, I tried to persuade her. 

"Listen, Sena. This coup was premeditated from the start. It's not acceptable for the entire imperial family to die. You need to survive just for that reason."

"In that case, it's fine if Nobunaga-oniisama escapes! I, who can use recovery magic, can be of use here!"

Placing a hand on her chest, she vehemently argued against my suggestion. And she was correct. However, if these Teleportation Crystals were a trap, Sena, as Shin's wife, would be used as a tool for the Emperor.

Cunning Sena might find a way to use this situation to regain power for the imperial family. Aguni Dukedom and Takano County still existed and could offer their support.

"Once you've escaped safely, it's a good idea to seek refuge with the Aguni Dukedom. That person is likely to see benefit in sheltering you."

Even if Nobunaga escapes, if it's a trap, he will be killed. The only choice we have is to let Seina go.

"Sena, I also request it of you. Please, escape. It's also my wish as your brother."

Nobunaga, too, placed his hand on Sena's shoulder and began his persuasive appeal. Seina glanced briefly in my direction, understanding my thoughts.

She probably understood the situation. Reluctantly, she nodded her agreement.

"I'll call for reinforcements right away. Please stay safe, Father."

"I won't die, rest assured. We have excellent mages here. It won't be so easy for them to get the best of us."

"...Understood. In that case, Shin-san, please use the teleportation crystal. I'll hurry to request reinforcements."

"Understood, Seina-san. Then..."

Shin, having received the Teleportation Crystals, began to infuse them with mana. A magic circle appeared on the floor, and the mana's light illuminated the area.

Facing a separation that might be our last, I stood up and gently stroked Seina's head, gazing at her with a kind look.

"Stay safe, my daughter. Always carry the pride of the Royal Family with you in your actions. That's what a true Emperor should say, but I'm also a father before the Emperor. Well, live life without worry. You, my daughter, can handle it well."

"Father... Please make our farewell a bit more emotional, won't you?"

I adopted a forlorn expression, but even then, I found reassurance in my daughter's strong heart, which managed to produce a small smile.

"Farewell, my dear daughter."

"Take care, dear sister."

"Father, brother, I'll be back soon."

With those parting words, Seina, accompanied by Shin, underwent the teleportation process and disappeared from view.

I watched the lingering traces of mana and felt a sense of emptiness. Shifting my focus to my role as Emperor, I scanned the area with sharp eyes and declared.

"We cannot sit here and die! Let us show the power of the Emperor!"

"Clear a path! Follow me!"

"Yes, Your Majesty!"

As I unsheathed my sword and made my proclamation, Ouga and the others also drew their swords and raised battle cries. 

There was no turning back; we had to move forward.

"Your Majesty, it seems we have been set on fire!"

A Royal Guard entered through the door, reporting the situation. Smoke was billowing in from behind them, indicating that Duke Kanna had likely pushed us into a corner.

"Surrounded by flames, just like our founding ancestor. We will surely escape, just as the founding ancestor did when leaving Honnoji."

Pointing my sword towards the door, I declared with a resounding voice, "Charge!".

Everyone followed my orders, rushing through the door.

"Well, to think it would come to this in my time. I suppose I'll have to apologize to the founding ancestor in the afterlife."

I muttered with a bitter smile, and I, Genshin Touya followed the others into the fray.

Soon, the sound of magic explosions and clashes of metal-on-metal rang out, and the battle commenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test