23 October 2023

Mob MC 317.1

Test

Chapter 317.1. Day Of Downfall


-Emperor's POVV-

The sound of gunfire echoed, and the room trembled. The fact that a room designed to withstand both magical and physical attacks was shaking meant that the enemy's assault was significant.

"How ironic. A room we thought to be perfect in every way, with no traps and impeccable defenses, has turned into a room trapping us."

Genshin Touya sighed. The Emperor of the Japan Magical Empire, the pinnacle of power, scowled at the shaking room and let out another sigh.

I was already clad in magic armor, with a sword hanging at my waist, ready for combat.

This was the Emperor's exclusive VIP room that occupied an entire hotel floor. It was lavishly decorated, with carefully selected furniture. The elite Royal Guards protecting him were top-notch in their skills.

Moreover, the room had been constructed with magic metals such as Orichalcum, Adamantite, and Mithril, fortified over many years with protective spells by the mages. It was more robust than any shelter.

It was a room fit for the Emperor's stay, and it had seemed impervious to any threat, even amidst the power struggle with the Kojima clan.

In reality, it had been a naive choice. The absence of traps was the trap itself. They had never anticipated that Duke Kanna would become so desperate as to stage a coup.

Even attempting to escape by breaking the walls was futile, as the barriers seemed to be reinforced. Any damage from attacks was swiftly repaired.

Seated on a sofa, I smiled as he looked at the people around me. My guards, of course, included my son Nobunaga and daughter Sena, as well as Teijou Ouga and his daughter Yamiyo.

"Are we completely surrounded?"

I addressed another person sitting on the floor, a young boy restrained by the guards.

"Yes, Your Majesty. I overheard my father's conversation by chance and came to inform you. It's my father's doing, and we're likely completely surrounded.

The boy was Shin, the son of Kanna Yamato, and he had come to see me early in the morning with something important to report.

I had initially put him on hold, dealing with the response to the destruction of the Floating Castle. But by the time I was ready to listen, it was already too late.

When I sent my elite guards and samurai to the Floating Castle, Duke Kanna's forces declared a coup.

If only I had listened to Shin's report a little earlier, I might have been able to keep my guards and samurai from leaving the hotel. But I had moved them, leaving my defenses thin.

"Can we establish contact with the outside?"

I asked again, regaining his composure, and Ouga, my loyal advisor, nodded and spoke up.

"No, Your Majesty. The jamming is severe, and communication is impossible. Aguni has gone with his son to the Floating Castle, and my son and the others have done the same. It might be a while before they realize the situation. It seems Takano County is also under siege by the rebel forces."

With a stern expression, Ouga gritted his teeth and continued to speak with a low growl. He regretted sending exceptional individuals to the floating city; it had been a grave mistake.

"Furthermore, Duchess Ryusui's house has joined the rebel forces too. Your Majesty, it appears we were completely set up. After Duchess Ryusui's death, Duke Kanna swiftly took control of Ryusui Dukedom."

"I see. We may not know the extent of Duke Kanna's schemes, but as an enemy, he's commendable. He truly is a man vying for my position."

The duel had started from a trivial trigger. At that time, I should have found it suspicious. But I had underestimated the situation, only thinking of it as a means to restrain the expanding Takano County, not considering Duke Kanna's ulterior motives.

I hadn't thought that preparations for a rebellion were underway. The timing of the Floating Castle's fall had been unfortunate. If only it hadn't happened during the martial arts tournament.

Were they involved with Nidhogg? No, the timing didn't make sense for that. If they were working together, they would have chosen a better time. After all, the duel hadn't even begun. The best time would have been the day before the combined duel when everyone had gathered. In that respect, Duke Kanna had been meticulous.

It was just unfortunate that the rebellion was linked with Nidhogg's terror. They were both in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"Your Majesty! When I came here, I brought two of Kanna Dukedom's secret treasures, Teleportation Crystals. I believe Your Majesty should use them."

"...Is that so?"

As Shin reached into his pocket, the Royal Guards held him down. However, his words had piqued their interest, so the Emperor instructed the guards to check what Shin had in his possession.

The guards retrieved two crystals from Shin's pocket and presented them. The crystals shone with the brilliance of mana, clearly powerful magical items.

"These can teleport to predetermined locations. With these, Your Majesty can escape. Perhaps thwart my father's ambitions!"

"That would be greatly helpful. However, I cannot simply escape alone from here. If I were to flee with the rebel forces in front of me, it would besmirch the honorable name of Genshin Royal Family. It would bring shame to our ancestors."

I spoke composedly, looking down at Shin while stating the formal stance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test