23 October 2023

Mob MC 316.1

Test

Chapter 316.1. The Day Of The Downfall Begins 


[God Will]

[Summoning Contract]

As Mii-chan extended her hand over the Pomeranian lying on top of the blanket, magic was activated, and the Pomeranian's body was covered in platinum particles, which got absorbed into its body.

-Rir Became a Pet-

-Rir: Level 120, Dark Immunity, Human Transformation Sealed, Pomeranian Form-

It's quite a high-level puppy. If you were a fool, you'd have had a tough time. 

It's [Human Transformation] got sealed. Hmm, Mii-chan also prefers the Pomeranian form, so System-san knows that!

For some reason, the Pomeranian began to move its legs frantically, but it must be happy to become a pet.

"Shall we give King Hornbear Cow's jerky to Rir?"

I took it out of the item box and was about to offer it.

"Don't give puppies jerky meant for humans; it's too salty, Mii-chan."

"Hyaaan, hyaaan, hyaaan, hyaaan!"

Mama cautioned that things with salt are not good for dogs. 

I see. But the Pomeranian's eyes sparkled and jumped and clung to me.

It seems to want the jerky. I'll have to make jerky for pets.

It growled and wrapped its front legs around her arm, but Mii-chan was told not to give in. No way!

"I think I'll name you Rir!"

I held the puppy and gave it a name. I thought Pome was also fine, but Rir works too.

"Well, I suppose there's no choice. We have to take Rir for a walk properly."

"Yes."

Instead of saying "We have to.", mama, with her refined way of speaking, said, "We should.".

"Then, Ranko-san, please call papa!"

"Very well."

It's unusual for Grandpa Odin to recommend me to awaken mana. He must expect it will become dangerous if I don't do it.

Without noticing that Mii-chan had put the jerky in the item box, Rir earnestly pressed its nose against my hand, wondering if it was still there. While petting its head, I turned my face to mama.

First, let's awaken mama's mana.

[God Will]

[God Heal]

Platinum particles fluttered in the air, covering mama's body.

Mama looked surprised, but as the particles got absorbed, her body faintly glowed, and she tilted her head with a slightly puzzled expression.

"Mii-chan, what is this? I feel like my body has become a little more energetic."

A little... well, that's probably true. Mama, who was originally a commoner, probably had very little mana to begin with.

Do it Munin.

I sent my thoughts to the crow and heard its cawing from somewhere.

-Takano Birei: Level 8-

Well, I guess it's on the higher side for someone who originally had the mana of a commoner. 

It might be proof that Mii-chan's [Breath] affected the mana of the sky and earth.

Nevertheless, having a magic resistance value is fantastic. 

It's a world of difference in magical defense from before, and I feel a bit relieved. 

Now I can use my magic barrier.

"It might not change too much, but you won't get seriously injured with basic magic anymore!"

"Oh, that's good to hear. But, Mii-chan, are you feeling okay? Shouldn't you rest a bit more?"

She's touched that mama is more concerned about Mii-chan than her mana awakening. Mii-chan is truly blessed with such a loving family.

"Mii-chan, you're awake. That's good."

"Yeah, I woke up a little while ago!"

Footsteps pattered, and papa, sweating and out of breath, entered the room. He must have been very busy, and I feel guilty for that, but it's necessary.

"So, there's something really important?"

"Yeah, I'm going to awaken papa's mana with Shisho's help"

"Huh? Wait a minute."

Sorry, but I can't wait.

[God Will]

[God Heal]

Platinum particles danced like before, healing papa's body. 

In other words, his capable of handling mana.

"W-what is this? Is it changing this much...?"

Papa was surprised by the changes in his body as he moved his hands around. 

But how much stronger has he become?

-Takano Houretsu: Level 22-

Considering he hasn't trained at all, he's reasonably strong. 

There's potential for him to become even stronger with training.

But it's impossible for a busy papa. Adults have jobs and often become physically inactive.

"Is this what they call a magician's perspective? I never thought the world would look so different when you can see mana..."

Seeing papa say something like he's drowning in power, like a character from a story, makes me a little worried. 

Well, he's papa, so he should be fine. After all, he's my papa!

So, instead of worrying, I turn to Grandpa Odin with a somewhat serious expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test