23 October 2023

Mob MC 315.2

Test

Chapter 315.2. The Falling Floating Castle


"Go back to sleep!"

"I won't get reincarnated in another world, so I'll be fine!"

"Mama will be angry, you know?"

With a firm push, I was tucked back into her futon. An angry mama was scarier than any monster.

While comfortably tucked in her futon, I assessed my condition. The intense pain was gone; now I felt only a lingering soreness, like what you'd experience after strenuous exercise.

"I'm really okay, you know."

"I can't trust 'okay' when it comes to your health. Come on, stay warm, and go to sleep?"

Ranko-san gently adjusted the blanket, and I smiled as she snuggled in. I felt like she had forgotten something. But if I couldn't remember, it probably wasn't important.

"Is papa really that busy?"

I had thought he would come immediately and was feeling lonely.

Mama furrowed her brows with a troubled look. 

"Yes, he is. There's a duel between the families approaching, and he's been quite occupied. But today, something unimaginable happened."

"What happened?"

Mi-chan had no clue. What could it be?

"Well, the Floating Castle crashed. Unbelievably, it split into two."

"The Floating Castle, the Emperor's castle that flew in the sky?"

"Yes, there's chaos now. The news is entirely focused on it, and the military and samurai groups are fervently searching for the culprits. It was the terrorist group 'Nidhogg' that attacked."

"Wow. So, there's a scary terrorist group like that? I think I've heard of them before."

Nidhogg, that organization. Haven't we heard about it somewhere? It's an evil organization.

"It wasn't long ago that you fought against Nidhogg."

"Come to think of it, there were enemies like that. I forget about bad guys so easily."

Mii-chan answered with a nonchalant expression. She vaguely remembered but couldn't place it.

"The Floating Castle that wasn't supposed to fall has fallen, causing great turmoil."

"In that case, does that mean the duel between the families is canceled?"

It seemed like a significant event, but if that happened, it would mean the duel wouldn't take place.

"That won't happen. We can't afford to tarnish the honor of the royal family any further."

A solemn and dignified voice echoed through the room. I turned my head towards the source of the voice and saw an elderly man entering the room. It was Grandppa Odin.

He was still wearing a tattered cloak and a wide-brimmed hat. In his hands, he held a cardboard box and a long, slender sword covered with cloth.

"Is it a get-well visit, Great Arch Mage?"

Mama, concerned for Mi-chan, was wary, but Grandpa seemed unfazed. He placed the cardboard box and the sword on the table without a care.

"It's a visit. I brought this puppy for you. And this is the magic sword Tyrfing."

Grandpa seemed to express his dissatisfaction with not being taken along in the battle in the Floating Castle this time. 

Well, it's because Fenrir, his destined enemy, is involved.

As the cardboard box rattled, the lid opened, revealing a puppy with round, gleaming eyes - his destined enemy, Fenrir.

"Wan, wan!"

Fenrir wagged her tail, his ears bouncing. She was an incredibly cute puppy. I felt a strong urge to pick him up.

[I see through it! The reason Grandpa didn't kill Fenrir and instead tied him to a rope was that he's cute, right?]

[This dog has a high survival instinct. It transforms into the optimal form of a dog that won't be killed.]

Grandpa explained with a bitter expression. So, in mythology, the fierce wolf was tied to Gleipnir, but in reality, things were different! The Pomeranian was tied to a rope! That's why even Odin couldn't kill her. I see!

It was a bit more reasonable to keep Fenrir as a pet compared to tossing Jormungandr into the sea. 

She was a pomeranian who climbed the cardboard box with determination., Then popped out, barking and wagging her tail. She acted like an innocent little puppy who neither spoke human language nor understood it.

It was understandable that no one saw this as a threat.

"Uhm... is the puppy a get-well gift?"

Mama looked puzzled, thinking a puppy as a get-well gift was quite unconventional.

"Yes, my disciple thought a puppy would be a good get-well gift."

"Mii-chan?"

"I wanted a 3rd pet."

Mii-chan stared at Mom, who was giving her an icy look, and quickly covered her face with the blanket, pretending to sleep. Well, she thinks she can have as many pets as she wants.

"I'm sorry if this has caused any inconvenience. Thank you, Great Arch Mage. So, is this a magic sword?"

"Yes, it is. The situation is quite chaotic. It's intended for dueling, but you never know."

Grandpa's voice turned cautious, and his lone eye gleamed. Hmm, is there something odd going on?

"I hope it's just my unnecessary concern. My disciple, it might be a good idea to awaken your parents' mana here. It should be okay to use magic a few times, right?"

"Yes."

It seemed that something troublesome had happened due to the Floating Castle being dropped by Nidhogg. 

Curse you, Nidhogg. I won't forgive you!

But first, let's keep this puppy as a familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test