13 October 2023

Mob MC 309.2

Test

Chapter 309.2. Fiancée


-Masatoshi's POV-

Nevertheless, I should've become engaged in a more romantic situation. 

At the very least, it's wrong for my father to casually convey it this way.

Maybe it's because I'm just a mob. Sena-san might be wondering how she feels about this. And what kind of face should I make when I meet Mion?

"Besides, I've already received a signature from Sena-sama on the engagement contract, you know? Oh, right, I signed it on your behalf."

"Eeeh! Why would you sign it for me?! Are you a noble, or are you a noble? But that's just too much!"

"I'm glad I'm such a kind father."

"Ugh, I'm happy, but also sad..."

I didn't know whether to get angry with my father for patting me on the shoulder or to express gratitude, so I ended up biting my lip and feeling frustrated.

No wonder Sena-san didn't hesitate to be alone in the waiting room with me. We're already engaged, so she didn't mind. 

The main heroine is finally becoming my wife... but it doesn't make me happy. No, I'm happy, but I'm not happy at all! It's all too noble. 

The reality is too harsh! Sena-san, with her complete poker face!

"So, here's the thing. I'll make an effort to have a closer relationship with Takano County. You should be careful too, okay?"

"Uh, what do you mean?"

"In times of chaos like this, people start thinking about turning the situation around. Watch out for Kanna Dukedom, of course, and even the Emperor. Well, you're still young, and I don't think there are any traps, but just be careful."

"Okay, I understand."

I nodded in response to my father's serious advice. Well, my father is the head of the family, so I'm sure we'll be fine.

"I apologize. The final match is about to start, Masatoshi-sama."

I hear a knock on the door to the waiting room and an official's voice. I couldn't fully process the shocking news I had just heard, but I had to switch gears.

"Alright. I'm going. If I win here, it'll give us some extra prestige."

"Yes, aim for the win."

I smiled confidently, and my father patted my shoulder, so I took a deep breath and stood up.

Masatoshi's exclusive new model, Magna, gleamed with its beautiful ruby-like crimson armor. 

I had made my way through the battle tournament, defeating numerous strong opponents, and today was the finals.

To be the one to make it to the finals when I was just a supporting character...

 As I headed to the arena, I could hear the familiar voice of the announcer.

"Oh, unbelievable! Listen up, everyone. In the Battle Tournament of the Free Class, the finals are... unbelievably, it's a battle between middle schoolers, and they're only 1st-year students! Both of them are incredibly talented!"

As I slowly entered the arena, the crowd's cheers filled my ears.

"Go for it, Masatoshi-san!"

Even though she was supposed to be my fiancée, the lovely Sena-san, who looked as radiant as ever, with her silver hair shimmering, cheered me on with an adorable smile.

"Go, Masatoshi!"

Even though she was supposed to be my fiancée, Mion was full of energy as usual, cheering me on. 

She really seems to have no idea about the fiancé-related matters. What should I do?

"Now, one of them is the son of the prestigious Duke Kanna, the genius Kanna Shin!"

In response to the announcer's voice, the man standing across from me waved to the audience with a refreshing smile. He seemed like quite the individual.

"And the other is from the Duke's family as well, a fire magician, Aguni Masatoshi!"

As for me, I just gave a slight snort, shrugged my shoulders, and played the part of a cool guy. 

I didn't want to do the same thing as Shin just to compete.

"I never thought we'd face each other in the finals. Good luck, Masatoshi-kun."

"Oh, yeah, good luck, Shin. But sorry, I'll be the one winning."

I responded with a sneer as I turned my back slightly to Shin and smiled. This is what I've always dreamed of – this kind of conversation. 

Shin was dressed in a white hakama with pure white samurai armor, and he had a long sword and a wakizashi hanging from his waist.

The contrast between white and crimson, the destined battle of rivals – it was exciting, and my heart raced. 

I couldn't help but smirk, and my face took on a determined expression.

"Well then, the match begins!"

At the announcer's words, we both drew our swords. We forgot about the engagement and focused on the match.

"Hehe, Shin, I, Aguni Masatoshi, a genius S-ranked magician, will win this!"

"I know your strength, but I want to see if that strength is fitting for my comrades, those who fight against those trying to revive the Demon God."

"Fitting for our comrades?"

[Yes, to see if you're suitable for those who fight against those trying to revive the Demon God.]

[In that case, I'll show you!]

Masatoshi felt like a co-op event with the main character. Excited, he started his battle with Shin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test