11 October 2023

Mob MC 307.2

Test

Chapter 307.2. Confused Masatoshi


-Masatoshi's POV-

Before the original story began, too many things were happening, to be honest, I no longer know what's what.

Masatoshi, who had read the setting collection, was bewildered because it was so different from the original story.

Especially Takano Miu's presence. I ended up asking about it repeatedly, just as Sena-san had explained.

"It seems to be true. According to rumors, the High Priest used an incredible forbidden spell, and Mii-chan managed to repel the curse's attack and defeat them."

"Is that really true? After all, the High Priest of Nidhogg is no pushover. And Duchess Ryusui, too. No matter how strong you are, there are limits."

If that were true, it raised the question of how powerful she is. 

Shin, even with the help of a harem party, had managed to defeat them. Now, Shin didn't have a harem. There were no heroines to pamper him. 

It was probably due to the actions of reincarnated Masatoshi, and Yamiyo. After all, the main heroine, Sena-san, was in Masatoshi's waiting room. 

Shin's waiting room probably only had his stepsister, Tsuki.

"Mii-chan is quite extraordinary, but it seems she had a tough time. I visited her before coming here..."

I couldn't help but feel a bit anxious at Sena-san's serious expression, as if there were unfortunate results.

"She was unconscious and lying in bed. They had pasted sealing signs all over her..."

"Huh? Could it be that something evil possessed her or something?"

That would be troublesome. I tried to recall if there was a possession-based storyline in the original work, but no such story came to mind. 

I wondered if it was my turn to be the background character who would save the gray-haired girl. 

Masatoshi, the dashing hero who'd help her. Then capture her heart with his heroic actions. But deep down, I was just reincarnated as Masatoshi, who wanted to have a protagonist-like role in this novel's world.

However, reality was harsher than fiction.

"In the middle of the night, Mii-chan was holding freshly made soba in front of the vending machine at the inn. A maid found her as she was about to eat a midnight snack. Her parents were furious because they caught her, even though she was supposed to be absolutely still. It seems they sealed her so she wouldn't get out."

"Ahh... Some people get better for a moment, and then they start moving around and make their condition worse."

I sighed, shoulders drooping. What's up with that? When is my moment to shine? In other words, it seemed like the sealing signs were quite formidable. They didn't show mercy and thought she would behave recklessly unless sealed.

"But it's true that she's unconscious. Even with my recovery magic, she didn't regain consciousness. It must have been an intense battle. She might not even be able to participate in the duel."

"It's a feud between families, isn't it? Does that mean the acting head of Takano County, Takano Houretsu, will participate?"

"Well, according to rumors... no, it's probably just a rumor. But anyway, it's almost time for the match, right? I'm sure Mion and the others are in the stands."

"Oh, right. I'm off, then!"

I'm showing a smile he firmly believed was refreshing, left the waiting room. 

I walked down the concrete floor corridor with his footsteps echoing, and he could see the exit where the sunlight shone.

The chatter of the crowd reached his ears, making his body tense. He moved like a wooden doll, with stiff limbs, to pass through the exit, squinting against the piercing sunlight. 

As I emerged into the light, the excited voices of the spectators filled his ears.

"Ladies and gentlemen~. The day has finally arrived! The main event of the Great Martial Arts Tournament, the Battle Tournament~! This year, we have two daredevils who have moved up from the middle school to the free class~"

I could hear the emcee's lines that he had read in the novel many times.

In the novel, there was only one, but now there were two: the protagonist, Shin, and the insignificant villain, Aguni Masatoshi.

It was a grand stage. The culmination of all my efforts. My throat was dry, and his head felt blank from the tension. 

The cheers of the crowd and the many eyes fixed on me made my body tremble. Wait, which way am I supposed to exit from again?

I started to panic; at this rate, I might stumble. My forehead was covered in sweat, and he stopped in his tracks. The opponent looked really strong, too. 

Maybe I should turn around...

"Ahaha, you're nervous, Masatoshi! Do your best~"

"Do your best! Overcome it~"

"Treat us with the prize money~"

Familiar voices from the audience reached his ears, and the tension melted away like magic. 

When I turned to look in the direction of the voices, I saw Mion and the others sitting in reserved seats, cheering for me. It seemed they were safe.

Relieved, I regained my composure. 

I could hear the cheers from my noble friends as well, but for some reason, the playful cheers from Mion and the others were what resonated in his ears.

"Darn, who do they think they're talking to? I'm already known as the genius wizard Aguni Masatoshi-sama. I'll easily defeat these small fry right in front of me!"

With a faint smile on his lips, the boy in crimson magic armor regained his composure and confidently entered the arena with an arrogant attitude. 

And so, Masatoshi defeated his opponent in record time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test