04 October 2023

Mob MC 299.1

Test

Chapter 299.1. Showdown With Helheim


Who is Helheim? It's the god of death in Norse mythology. According to the Gylfaginning, it's the god who rules over Niflheim, the land of the dead, and that land is said to be located underground beneath the world tree Yggdrasil.

Because she had her realm underground, she's said to be the only god who escaped the end of the world on Ragnarok. The woman claiming to be that god has appeared before Mii-chan.

It's also the true identity of the woman who called herself Skadi, the high priestess of Nidhogg. In the original, she posed as Thiazi, manipulating a dummy Skadi, but her real name was Helheim.

"Not too surprised, are you?"

"Yeah, I kind of suspected that."

"N-n-n-no way, it's Helheim! Is this woman actually alive?! We're dead maatz!"

"No need for you to be surprised on Mii-chan's behalf."

Mii-chan playfully smacks Heimdall, who's reacting like a comedian and looks at Helheim with calm eyes. You noticed it too, right? That goddess statue in the City of Ash was really suspicious.

Well, if undead start appearing in the City of Ash, it's natural to suspect that Helheim is behind it all. That's what I thought.

Helheim. Her face, as the god of the dead, is melted like keloid scars, cheekbones peeking out, and her eyes are clouded white and decayed.

She has no lips, and her teeth are exposed, making her look like a zombie. Even the hands that peek out from her robe seem made of nothing but bone and skin.

The Skadi I defeated was just a puppet.

"It seems you're quite clever for your age. There's no other explanation for obtaining power so close to that of a God."

Despite her eerie appearance, Helheim speaks with a calm and gentle voice.

"Well, thanks."

Mii-chan shrugs, offering a nonchalant response. Reaching level 100 was quite a feat. Next up, level cap?

"There was a reason behind creating the [Ritual of Sacrifice]. It's beyond imagination that you could obtain that much power."

"Well, thanks?"

Huh? She's smiling with some hidden meaning, isn't she? What's that about?

As Mi-chan wonders, Helheim exchanges a knowing smile with Cook.

"How many loops did it take to obtain that much power? A hundred? A thousand?"

Huh? I haven't done a single loop. I ate all the cotton candy than looped several times. ...I probably shouldn't have said that. So, I'll just zip my lips.

"The [Ritual of Sacrifice] strengthens you with each loop you go through. Power gradually accumulates around you, and finally, you could break the [Ritual of Sacrifice]."

Helheim explains proudly.

"...I see! But why did you do all this?"

Mii-chan decides to be a little more discreet. She's starting to get the flow of the conversation.

She turned Mii-chan into a cotton candy stick and wanted to gather all the scattered cotton candy. Mii-chan would grow stronger as she collected more cotton candy. 

Then, once I became big enough, Helheim would take it all back. I get it. I suspected that would be the case.

Although I did eat it. I love sweets. So I couldn't resist. Let's keep that a secret.

So, for now, I'll put on a surprised face, trembling and flapping my hands like a cool hawk. Heimdall is stunned by Mii-chan's realistic acting, and Tamamo blinks her eyes in surprise, but maybe I'm not that good at acting. Hehe.

If I add a somersault, it might look even more convincing. Maybe I could become a famous actress.

"Each time you were killed by Hrungnir, you looped. And by killing Hrungnir, you were able to escape! You powered up enough to defeat Hrungnir, who had gained the power of lightning."

"So, Hrungnir was the key!"

Mii-chan already knew that. Hrungnir was the key in Mii-chan's loops, thanks to secret knowledge. He did become the key, but I don't need to mention that. 

In fact, because I entered through the back door, it seemed like a bug that made Tamamo-chan become the target. Using bug techniques often messes up the story, right? 

No, maybe I was just a mob character meant to die alongside Tamamo-chan...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test