02 October 2023

Mob MC 296.1

Test

Chapter 296.1. The Person Who Cough Have A Flag


"Tamamo-chan! Oji-san, Oba-san!"

As Mii-chan rushed toward her friends who got blown away by Hrungnir's lightning, Haru, who had taken shelter, also ran over, worried.

I didn't worry about them.

"Ow, the substitute sign got burnt. It crumbled to pieces."

I realized they hadn't received any damage at all.

The fox girk took out a sign shaped like a human, and her fox ears drooped in disappointment. The talisman started burning and turned into ashes in her hand.

Tamamo, on the other hand, had no injuries, so I breathed a sigh of relief.

"It was a top-notch sign, though. It just shows how strong this monster was."

"We'll have to ask Matsu-san to make another one."

Aburage dad and mom stood up and came over. They were completely unharmed as well.

Thanks to Matsu's specially made top-notch substitute talisman, all the attacks got directed at the signs.

Top-class signs... How much did they cost? Maybe I shouldn't ask.

"Miu-chan defeated this monster, right?"

Looking at Hrungnir's corpse with no head and arms, Aburage dad admires me.

"Yeah, thanks to you guys damaging it, I managed to defeat it!"

I smile brightly and answer. It's not a lie; that's exactly what happened.

After they broke the magic barrier, lowering his defense, and debuffing his stats with many skills. I could defeat him in one go.

"Kanake Viscounty, skilled in magic tools. With money, their power rivals the 36 families..."

"Em-chan, it's Aburage, it's Aburaage (fried tofu)~"

"I got it wrong. I'm sorry."

With her tail wagging, Tamamo teases and pokes fun at her, so I stick out my tongue and blush.

That's if you're willing to spend several billion yen in a single battle. Thanks to their substantial earnings from magic tools, Aburage Viscounty's power has proportionally increased.

"Was this modified monster the core of this barrier...?"

"Look, dear. Distortions are starting to appear in the space. It looks like he was the core after all."

Aburage mom points directly above Hrungnir's corpse. The space had started to warp like a mirage.

"I see... In that case, he was used as a human sacrifice. Terrible."

Aburage dad looks solemn, but I don't think you need to sympathize with him. This guy had a rotten personality from the start.

Once his very existence was altered, he had no human consciousness left. Well, there was. He was a typical villain who had become drunk with power.

Yeah, there's definitely no room for sympathy.

"Dad, what's a human sacrifice?"

"By using human lives as sacrifices, a powerful barrier is created to seal what's inside. Human lives can become potent catalysts, you see."

"That's terrible! Meanie, right, Em-chan? Em-chan?"

Tamamo pouts and expresses her anger toward the magician who created this barrier. However, Mii-chan remained silent, so Tamamo leaned closer to her face.

"Yeah, it's nothing. I was just wondering if we could escape."

What I was really thinking about was different. I was contemplating Aburage dad's interpretation of a human sacrifice.

Aburage dad believed they had sealed them by sacrificing Hrungnir, but the true purpose was different.

It was a barrier meant to seal Mii-chan. She thought of [Ritual of Sacrifice], the ritual magic effect I had in my secret memories.

I hadn't intended to partner with Hrungnir, but he was just a mob, so I sighed inwardly and accepted it.

"Certainly, the escape route is likely to lead to the enemy's base. Everyone, be cautious."

"The children will stay close to me."

Aburage dad displays a heroic demeanor like a protagonist, while Aburage mom mother plays the heroine role.

"Y-Yes understood! Everyone, gather around! ...Ahem, ahem."

The freckled girl calls out to the others, and they come over to her side, coughing as if struggling.

Several other children around them are also coughing.

Hmm, I have a bad feeling about this.

"Lady, there's something off about these children... It's better to be cautious. Even though there are no traces of magic or curses, there's a slight sense of strangeness in their presence."

Heimdall, perched on my shoulder, whispers, causing me to furrow my brow.

Indeed, in cases like this, in zombie movies, they might have been infected by a virus and would later attack. And in this case, it might be the same as Hrungnir, wouldn't it? Hrungnir was considerate enough to drop hints about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test