26 October 2023

Earth Dungeon 86.2

 Test

Chapter 86.2. Promotion


Unfortunately, it seems impossible to increase the effects further. Well, it can't be helped. It's a luxury to expect too much.

[Oh?]

"Hmm? What's wrong, Shizuku?"

After adding it to the lineup, Shizuku seemed like she wanted to say something, her mouth moving as if to speak. Was something going on?

Oh, no, is this a trap? I immediately understood what Shizuku wanted to say. I had already added it to the lineup. I got a bit too excited about the new function.

[It seems that items from the Equivalent Exchange Store can change their original form according to Sakimori-san's intentions, so it should be fine.]

Shizuku-san tried to comfort me, gently running her small hand over me. Hmm, I wonder if that's true? I have a bad feeling about this.

"Regardless, I'll have to act like I don't know. And I'll wait for a week..."

For now, let's leave it at that.

"Next, let's see what we can exchange the dungeon cores and boss cores for at the Equivalent Exchange Store."

I checked and found that C-rank dungeon cores could be exchanged for potions, as expected.

[Skill Level 4 Upgrade 10% Potion]

[Skill Level 3 Upgrade 50% Potion]

[Skill Level 2 Upgrade 100% Potion]

[Stats +200 Potion (Total limit 2000)]

There were various other skills available. Well, it makes sense that they'd be related to skills.

[Sakimori-san, [Trap Master] is a must-have. With this, you can handle high-level dungeons.]

Shizuku had been looking through the skill list eagerly and pointed to the knowledge-related skill.

[Limit 1: Trap Master.]

"What are the drawbacks?"

There must be some, right? I won't accept it without any drawbacks.

[To create traps, you need the Craft skill. You can acquire the skill [Trap Art], but you also need excellent, complex items to set up and dismantle traps.]

"That's a crying shame."

So, to set a trap, you first need to prepare a trap. That's ridiculous.

[Even if traps were lying around in a cornfield, you can't just set them up easily to catch four mischievous kids. Unfortunately, that's how it is. But it should still be useful.]

"Indeed, knowing makes a big difference. Understood. I'll take it."

With a slight push, I acquired the skill. Ominous jet-black particles entered my body, and my head cleared. Indeed, I reached level 4 right away, and I received knowledge about traps from the Trap Master skill. But...

"To set a magic bomb, you need to make a magic bomb. So it's just for show."

The traps it could create were too complex. Well, there were some available, but who would use a kukri trap, anyway?

It would make a difference if we had them or not, and, well, that's okay. And if I know there's a trap, I can avoid it.

"So, next. I wonder what I can exchange the Sahagin Emperor's core for."

I check the list of equivalent exchange stores. I found something interesting.

"Disguise Ring. I like it."

[Disguise Ring: Disguise yourself by changing your appearance with mana. Effect duration 1 hour.]

[This can disguise people as anything up to plus or minus 1 meter in height. It only changes the appearance. But not the contents, so if someone touches them, they'll be exposed. In addition, if someone uses [Mana Sense], they'll be exposed in one shot. Since mana unnaturally covers their body.]

If it gets sensed by mana, it'll give you away. So, it's not usable.

"I see..."

[Because it's a fun gadget, someone transformed into an Archdemon and entered the shower room. They panicked, ran outside naked to get their equipment, and then for some reason, all the walls turned transparent the next day when they were in the shower room. It was quite a mess.]

Yeah, why does she always engage in such large-scale pranks? But it was a firsthand experience, right?

Ignoring her, I touched the Disguise Ring. It seemed like I could change the duration of the effect.

In other words, I could reduce the effect. And then...

[Makeup Ring: Slightly changes the shape of hair and face using mana. Effect duration: 12 hours.]

I exchanged it. A dull silver ring appeared, looking like a cheap piece of silver jewelry. The ring's mana was barely perceptible. As expected, with this, the likelihood of being noticed would be low.

"Shizuku, try putting it on."

I wanted Shizuku to have it. I had no use for it.

"Alright. [Summon All Units]."

I used the skill with no real purpose, and she held out her left hand, blushing.

"Um... well, fine."

I guess she wanted me to put it on her ring finger. But...

"Do you want me to put it on your ring finger out of obligation, Shizuku-san? I think it's just sad, you know?"

Grinning, I picked up the ring and...

"Why are you breaking away from the cliché, Sakimori-san?! Honestly, honestly~. If you put it that way, I can't have it on my ring finger, can I? Put it on my middle finger, please."

She protested, puffing up her cheeks. But only women would be pleased with it, right? Men would get taken aback. And even if they weren't, it would be meaningless to put the ring on the ring finger. What would you do when it's for real?

"Understood."

I put the ring on her middle finger, and automatically adjusted it to fit perfectly. Indeed, it was a magic ring.

"Jeez... someday, do it along with a confession, okay?"

"Nobody knows what the future holds, but I'll keep it in mind."

With a wry smile, I shrugged my shoulders and responded to Shizuku. Isn't that what you call being a hard-boiled right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test