26 October 2023

Earth Dungeon 86.1

 Test

Chapter 86.1. Promotion


After defeating the Sahagins and experiencing the rainbow world as the dungeon disappeared, and after struggling to collect all the cores as souvenirs, Amano returned home, giving a large pile of smoked meat to Jiao as a gift. Then he recovered his mana and rested for the next day.

"It's overwhelming for Azure Dragon when it's a water-based dungeon. Truly befitting a C-rank solo type." 

I thought in the living room, reclining on the sofa as he reminisced about yesterday's battle. I was tired, but it was a satisfying fight. Shizuku had gotten bloody again, but she was fine. This girl could be a bit dangerous, so I worried about her.

[Since Azure Dragon are special, even if we defeat a thousand Sahagins, it's unclear whether they will appear. So we won't get our hands on one. So, you won't be able to gather many. Battles are about quantity, Aniki.]

"I don't recall becoming Shizuku-san's Aniki."

Shizuku-san spoke with a proud look, even though she was breathing heavily. Some of what she said was unclear, but it was true there weren't many Azure Dragon around. That was disappointing.

Well, that's fine. More importantly, there was an astonishing revelation.

"Shizuku, it seems like our levels have gone up."

I moved my hands energetically, sensing the mana flow in my body. I felt that it was increasing compared to before.

[Yeah, it seems like we've leveled up. Sahagin Emperor was a tough opponent, and recently, we've been defeating a large number of monsters. When combined with [Maximum Magic Efficiency Conversion], I think we've absorbed several decades' worth of mana.]

The amount of mana that humans could absorb within our bodies was limited. Basically, once you are full, you can't absorb anymore. However, recently, I had been defeating monsters consistently, so he was always in a state of being full. In addition, the [Maximum Magic Efficiency Conversion] was in effect, so I grew faster than expected. Probably for 2, or 3 months? I didn't want to remember the number of years it took me to reach level 3.

First, I checked my stats. I had 380 points to distribute, gained through Adversity Growth. Combined with the 200 skill points from leveling up, I had 580 skill points.


Amano Sakimori

Mana 700 → 800

Stamina 30 → 100

Strength 30 → 100

Dexterity 40 → 100

Magic 420 → 700


It was about time to increase things other than magic, or it would be tough in the future. So, I raised my health, strength, and dexterity.

"Then I'll raise mine too."


Amano Shizuku

Mana 200 → 300

Stamina 150 → 300

Strength 150 → 300

Dexterity 670 → 700

Magic 50 → 200


Shizuku also thought it would be tough if she didn't raise her stats other than dexterity. It's understandable, given that she was overwhelmed by Sahagin Emperor. Since she was getting pushed around in regular battles, it was time to reassess her overall abilities.

"So, our overall stats are now 1800. It's easy for them to increase, isn't it?"

The C-rank cap was 2000, and we were close to it. I wondered what the cap was for B-rank.

[I believe the B-rank cap is around 4000.]

I couldn't help but think there was no end to how high they could go. Stats became the measure of an enemy's strength. I really had no idea.

"Well, there's no limit to how high you can go. Now, all my skills are at level 4. Even the Equivalent Exchange Store is at level 4. When it was at level 3, nothing happened. But at level 4, an interesting function has been added."

[Item Performance Value Reset: C Cores 1000.]

I saw a new function added to the store. The selling price was 1000 C Cores. I didn't hesitate to input them to make the purchase. Features in games that you unlock early on tend to be advantageous later.

Without hesitation, I pressed the button, and even more ominous jet-black particles were created from the Equivalent Exchange Store and absorbed into my body. Wasn't this bad for my body? I felt a little anxious.

[You did it, Sakimori-san. Let's try it out right away.]

"Okay. Um... how do you use this? Like this?"

I thought I needed an instruction manual, but he quickly understood.

[Flame Flower: C Core 1.]

Touching it displayed its effect and performance.

[Flame Flower: Changes the surrounding area to 100 degrees. Cannot reproduce. Growth period: 30 days. Effect period: 3 days.]

It had a terrifying performance. Honestly, I couldn't see any use for it. But there was a dropdown triangle mark. When I touched it, I could change the number part. It seemed that I could register items with changed performance. The original item didn't seem to disappear from the list. As I continued to lower the temperature...

[Heat Flower: D Core 1, changes the surrounding area to 50 degrees. Cannot reproduce. Growth period: 10 days. Effect period: 10 days.]

One more click.

[Spring Flower: E Core 1, changes the surrounding area to 25 degrees. Cannot reproduce. Growth period: 3 days. Effect period: 30 days.]

It had a fantastic performance. It would definitely be useful in the winter months.

By reducing the performance, the effect period and other aspects changed. That was what magic flowers were all about. At level 4, I could use them in interesting ways.

Now, let's try changing this one.

[Ice Flower: C Core 1, changes the surrounding environment to -50 degrees. Growth period: 30 days. Effect period: 3 days.]

I changed it to this.

[Winter Flower: E Core 1, changes the surrounding environment to -5 degrees. Growth period: 3 days. Effect period: 30 days.]

Amazing. That was amazing.

I couldn't help but applaud. I immediately added it to the lineup. The selling price was 3 E Cores, which was about 900 yen. With this, I had nothing to fear in the winter. There would surely be no more frostbite victims.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test