12 October 2023

Earth Dungeon 80.1

 Test

Chapter 80.1. Cross-Border


It's the next day. After his mana recovered, Sakimori who was riding in a jeep, arrived at the bridge. He saw no Sahagin corpses, and the railway and the bridge appeared undamaged. He felt anxious about Azure Dragon wreaking havoc, but everything seemed fine.

I looked good in sunglasses while driving a military jeep, so I wore them. All dressed in black with sunglasses. I might have looked a bit suspicious, but I thought it gave off a hard-boiled vibe.

Taking off his sunglasses, I scanned the area. But I couldn't see the massive snake.

"I don't see Kou anymore."

That eye-catching, slightly sparkling figure might stand out a bit. I might say it's a rare demon and get knocked down, which would be a bit troublesome if someone other than us witnessed it. I didn't think anyone would come near the river, but if there were witnesses, I hoped they would pretend it was just a mysterious object.

[Isn't that it, Sakimori-san?]

A floating Shizuku pointed in a direction. The railway continued to the opposite bank of the river. There were no Sahagins, but a small snake lying by the tracks, about 30 centimeters long. People wouldn't doubt it if someone told them it was a crystal glass snake-shaped object. It was probably much better than the 50-meter snake object.

"It got strangely small. Is it out of mana, perhaps?"

Is it not automatic recovery? That power was amazing, but is it out of energy already?

[Originally, it should have had automatic recovery. It's strange. How are the stats?]

I checked Kou's stats, but they were the same as yesterday. Its appearance had changed a lot, though.

"It's the same as yesterday. Hmmm?"

As I approached, about to touch it, Kou noticed me and turned its crystal eyes toward him.

"Chi chi."

Kou made a cute chirping sound, sticking out its tongue and looking at me with its round eyes. What's this? It's small.

"Uh-oh. I'm a dog person, and I never thought reptiles were cute, but this one is adorable."

[Yes, it is. Hands.]

"It doesn't have hands."

It's a snake. I was puzzled as I petted Kou's head, which looked at me with those round eyes. It felt smooth, like a touching crystal.

"Chi~"

"It's cute, but at this size, it could be easily defeated, couldn't it?"

[Although it's condensed, it should be quite tough... what about its range of movement?]

Shizuki wonders. It seems that even Shizuku didn't know.

[Its specifications seem to have changed from the original. Thanks to Sakimorisan.]

Shizuku spoke with a happy expression, peering into my face. It's my fault, huh? Well, I did put a lot of mana into it. Things turned out differently from what I expected.

"Kou, can you move from this bridge?"

It could operate within a range of 1 km. Now that the crystal has merged with its body, what would happen?

Ko shook its head and moved it from side to side. It seems it can't move. Does that mean the specifications haven't changed?

[I don't want to move from the water's edge.]

I see. Shizuku also seemed surprised. It looks like Kou's thoughts are unexpected. And can only Shizuku-san and I hear this?

(Presumably. Since only we can hear it, it seems to be a telepathic conversation. It was a boss monster with human-like intelligence. It's not surprising that it can have a conversation. What we should be concerned about was its transformation into a beautiful girl.)

Shizuku nodded as she crossed her arms. She seemed to be mainly concerned about the transformation into a human. But that's the only thing she's concerned about. It's not something I can do anything about.

But being able to have a conversation is a relief. Azure Dragon doesn't want to move from the water's edge. Well, it's probably because some beautiful girl did something terrible to it in the forest. It's understandable.

"Alright, are you still on the bridge? I want you to guard this bridge because it's an important base."

(It's okay. I'll guard it. If an enemy that's too strong appears, I'll hide? For humans, I'll hide completely? As for the Sahagin, I'll leave only the core and the spears. Do you mind if I eat the rest? Should I keep the same size as yesterday? In this body, I'm agile, but my physical attack power is low, but my concealment ability is high.)

It was a somewhat mechanical language, but it was a talkative child.

"Okay, then. Are you on the bridge? Please guard it. If anything too dangerous appears, hide and let us know. As for humans, please hide completely. For the Sahagin, leave only the core and spears, and do as you like with the rest. Please keep the same size as yesterday. Can you change your size?"

[Changing the size of the body takes about 10 seconds. During that time, I can't move, I'll be careful. I understand the rest.]

I see. Its performance is incredible.

[The redesign has eliminated her fatal weaknesses. It's easy to use, so it's great. It seems that the crystal has merged with Azure Dragons's core.]

"But aren't you lonely?"

Now that it has intelligence, I'm curious.

[Living by the water is normal, so I'm okay. I'm a snake. I understand human language, but I'm still a snake. I'll live leisurely by the water's edge. Occasionally, I'll show my face, so please bring me some meat as a souvenir.]

Kou yawned, opened its mouth, and coiled up on the ground, closing its eyes. Understood. Its perspective is different from that of a human.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test