10 October 2023

Earth Dungeon 79.1

 Test

Chapter 79.1. Territory


I returned most of the armored vehicles and jeeps ahead of time. Serika's quick work earned her recognition, and her swift actions made it appear as if she were trying to get something from me in return.

The things I requested would take a little longer to arrange. Well, it's a significant amount, after all. There's a possibility of betrayal, but I don't think that's the case. The disadvantages don't outweigh the benefits.

[I don't know, Serika-chan seems highly likely to betray you. After all, I left her in the Chimera Legion as a decoy and told her to do her best. In the next mission, she might even use the world's most beautiful girl as bait for Behemoth. I'm pretty sure she has that kind of personality.]

Punscoco, the beautiful girl Shizuku-san. Hey, is that considered betrayal? Can you call it retaliation?

[When it seems like she might betray us, please let me know. I'll strike without hesitation. I'm like the Shinsengumi. I'll charge into Ikedaya.]

The beautiful girl mimicked slashing with a sword. I wonder which member of the Shinsengumi she's imitating. She's so cute.

"You're a ruthless warrior, aren't you? But if you say that, I think I'd go to the dark side too."

Doing wicked things as a matter of course. Or rather, aren't all the people in the abandoned town wicked?

[In that case, I'll strike down the enemy.]

"The range is too wide. Well, it's fine."

I shrugged my shoulders and shifted my gaze to the scene in before me. It's about time to stop chatting. I need to get serious.

The scene that stretched out before us was the transformed Arakawa River. It had a riverbed several times wider, and beyond that was a plain resembling a savanna. An expansive grassland. 

The things that looked like hills were decaying houses covered in soil, and if you looked closely, the towering structures were ruined buildings. They were buried in the earth, and there was no sign of life, overgrown with weeds.

The path ahead became an elevated railway track. Despite the wider riverbed, the elevated structure continued, so it wouldn't sink into the water and could be used as a bridge.

Well, as long as Sahagins aren't wandering on that railway track. They would jump out of the river onto the tracks, and go back into the water. It's eerie how they aimlessly roam around like game characters.

[Monsters love to cause trouble, don't they?]

"Indeed. It's too dangerous to cross here. Even though there's a bridge."

Sahagins were wandering around. Even armed, I didn't want to pass through them. I guess I'll have to use a tank.

Well, I'm about to change that.

[Item Box]

I took items from the magic circle that appeared, and luckily, no foul smell inside the box. It was a good thing I cleaned it thoroughly.

"The genuine fang of an Azure Dragon, and the head scale of an Azure Dragon. Will this be enough?"

I took out the rare parts I had collected from the Moke. I feel sorry for Serikaa, but it doesn't seem like I can give her these.

"Now, let's check the [Equivalent Exchange Store]."

I called the Equivalent Exchange Store and checked the list of items there. There was one item listed there.

[Phantom Wedge: Special C1.]

It's not a skill; it's an item. This time, I think I'll acquire this one. It seems Azure Dragon was a special rare.

"It's the first rare item, isn't it?"

[Yes, it is. It's not a very practical item. But maybe it's useful here?]

"Sure thing."

With a click, I pressed the display, and a crystal, about one meter in size, appeared from the store as if it were oozing out.

I could feel a strong magical power and see a mysterious shimmer.

"This is too big to carry around, isn't it?"

For some reason, the crystal was floating several inches above the ground. And it looked fragile. It seemed delicate, like glasswork.

[That's the problem with it. It's very fragile. Even a small stone hitting it could break it.]

"I heard that, but it looks even more fragile than I imagined."

Even for glasswork, it seemed too brittle.

[Phantom Wedge creates a guardian beast within a 1-kilometer radius of its installation point. But if this wedge gets destroyed, it disappears. Occasionally, we could find it in treasure chests.]

"It might be better to store it in a safe."

[When you place monster materials in the wedge, that monster becomes a guardian beast to protect the area. I haven't seen it used much. It usually breaks in the first battle. This wedge takes the damage for the monsters.]

So, it's an impractical crystal. It's too fragile despite taking damage on behalf of monsters. But I wanted to try it. If it fails, it's a shame. I'll think of something else next time.

When I touched the crystal, a status board appeared in the air. It was a semi-transparent, sci-fi-like object.

[Please insert the materials to be used.]

It displayed that, so I threw in the fangs and scales.

[Will you create an Azure Dragon? Yes/No.]

"It feels like a game, doesn't it?"

[This wedge only accepts monster materials.]

I looked at it with great interest, and Shizuku, who was next to me, watched as if glued.

[I'll choose Yes.]

I clicked it. When I pressed the button, the crystal made a clattering sound and began to shine brightly. It seemed that it was trying to create a swirling magical beast.

[Han'yara~, hon'yara~, dokabega funda~]

Shizuku-san, who was performing a silly and cute dance, flapped her hands and wiggled her body. I ignored her mysterious dance and placed my hand on the swirling mass of magical power.

"Wait, wait. If we're making a plastic model, let me help."

I concentrated my nerves and channeled my mana into the swirling mass.

[Mass Magic Weapon]

The swirling mass of mana grew even larger, and a strong wind blew around as I continued to pour in my strength.

[Mass Aura Weapon]

I thought about it when I saw the Oboromizu Sword. I can create Aura Sword too, right?

Purple lightning began to run through the mass. It hit my barrier and burst.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test