30 September 2023

Earth Dungeon 74.2

 Test

Chapter 74.2. Meeting


"That's because there are intense power struggles within the inner town. Everyone wants to have their private army, so there are dozens of private security companies."

The structure of the inner town is quite something. Come to think of it, I've heard that if the countries on Earth worked together, there would be no starvation. In other words, this is how it goes. Even at this stage, human conflicts persist.

"So, Suwa is strong enough to have their private army. Armored vehicles, huh? I remember they had machine guns and smoke grenades built in. Can it carry a lot of infantry?"

"It's the Type 22 Light Armored Vehicle. It can transport up to 15 infantries. It has a 12mm machine gun and a Type 22 automatic launcher. It has thermal imaging, so hiding is useless."

"Quite impressive performance."

I put my hands behind my head and leaned back on the sofa. It seems formidable. And they're infantry with automatic rifles, right?

[Let's go with the old-fashioned approach. We'll get dirty and face them. We can even beat the alien hunters.]

Shizuku breathed heavily and said, I don't think dirt will stop them. Can thermal imaging really stop them? I see.

"What are we going to do then? After hearing this, my subordinates are ready to charge in as if it's a decisive battle."

Shingen had a troubled look, but he might be right. Some people seem to have formed factions recently. The front-line guys will probably want to fight.

"Once they escape and get overrun, guerrilla warfare is the fastest way. To put it bluntly."

Just hide with your stuff. Then, individually take them down, and we can easily reduce the enemy's strength without much trouble. 

That's common sense for armies with low firepower. And we are considered non-existent by the people in the inner town.

My shadow magic is exceptionally suited for assassination and such.

"Ugh. If we abandon the city we've built this far, we'll face resistance from everyone, won't we?"

Crossing his arms, Shingen said, and indeed, he was right. The enemy probably doesn't expect me to run away. If the president suddenly packs up and leaves, it would destroy their trust and credibility.

"That's true. So, the direct approach it is. Karin, would there be any problems if they disappeared in the abandoned town?"

"Mmm... I don't think those who think ahead would see it as a problem."

While thinking, Karin poked her cheek with her index finger and answered there wouldn't be any issues. It seems the scheme we used during the Koi battle worked well. It must have seemed like it established a connection somewhere. That's a relief.

"Alright, then let's fight. I only have one magazine left, though."

Captain Anayama didn't end up selling me a magazine after all. Numata said he couldn't find one either. When your connections are short-lived, you can't get your hands on such underground goods.

"Got it. So, what should we do?"

Shingen and the others looked at me with determined faces, so I nodded strongly.

"Karin, when are they coming approximately?"

"They're currently processing the procedures to leave the outer town, so maybe in about two days?"

"Karin, you really seem like an informant."

"I'll take 1 million yen for it."

Karin pouted, puffing her cheeks, but it was worth that price.

"I'll pay later. Alright, it's time for a strategy meeting. Let's call it the 'Thanks for the Armored Vehicle' operation."

She seems surprised that I'll really pay but of course. It's valuable information. It's important to repay her kindness properly. 

I think this information is crucial. And if money is coming in, I think Karin will be enthusiastic, too.

And... the timing is just too perfect. I have to be careful of informants who bring information at such a convenient time. So I'll accept her kindness properly. Thank you, Karin.

"You guys are really determined to steal their armored vehicles."

"No, I want to go northeast over the Arakawa. I've conquered one dungeon after another, and it's about time I reached my limits with fields, villages, and recruiting people. It'll be easier for me to move, and we can expand to the northeast with an armored vehicle."

"I don't think we can cross that river, though."

The riverbanks where Sahagin and Koi live are dangerous. Shingen looks uneasy, but that's something we can figure out later.

"That's for later. For now, let's focus on that private security company. Unfortunately, they're going bankrupt in 2 days."

I wonder if they have insurance.

"Since the private security company is coming, we'll have days two and three off. I'll make sure no one leaves the base."

"What about the deployment of troops? I've already scouted advantageous terrain in case something like this happened."

Katsuyori is proving to be quite useful. But we won't be sending our people out.

"We're not strong enough to fight with automatic rifles. I'll handle myself, and we'll count on the next time."

I wave my hand dismissively and squint.

"With just crossbows and handguns as our main weapons, we'll be easily crushed. Let's go with guerrilla warfare for 1 person."

"Are you sure about this?"

They look at me with worried expressions, mainly Shingen, but I think it'll be fine.

[In the beginning, you have to win with the power of a general, right? I'll make use of my skills. I do the same thing in simulation games during the early stages.]

Shizuku-san says happily, covering her face with a smile. She doesn't seem to be concerned with an armored vehicle. Well, at this point, I don't think they can stop me unless they gather hundreds of soldiers and bring tanks.

"If things go south, there's no helping it. We'll abandon the market and make a run for it. We have no choice but to transition to guerrilla warfare."

In that case, we'll have to start our company from scratch, and I don't want that.

"It's our first encounter with a proper army. It's just right."

The equipment I got from Serika. I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test