30 September 2023

Earth Dungeon 74.1

 Test

Chapter 74.1. Meeting


Sakimori sat deeply in the living room on the sofa, closing his eyes and looking exhausted.

"Chank for the wolks"

Feeling the sensation of small palms patting my knee, I couldn't help but smile and put on a smile.

"Yeah, you could say that. Projects rarely go smoothly."

"It docesnt go smuuthly?"

"It's not like a novel, where everything conveniently falls into place. The world can be tough, you know."

I opened my eyes and lifted the little girl who had been trying to climb onto my lap, then sat her beside me. It's time for work.

"Ryuko is working hard. She's making breakwaters and barricades, and overall, the barricades are being built at a fast pace."

"Finally in the mood for work, huh? I thought today would be about drinking tea."

Shingen crossed his arms and chuckled, and the others around him also wore wry smiles.

My apologies. I've come to realize that managing things isn't straightforward.

I spread out the documents on the table for everyone to see. There's Shingen, Katsuyori, Ryuko, Numata, Hanari, Ochakumi, and the mascot-like little girl in this living room. There are no children; they are all working.

"Currently, Shingen's base and market have completed the installation of the breakwaters. The main office is still pending, though..."

I helped with the drying of the breakwaters. I applied only water and heat phenomena to the concrete inside Ryuko's [Block]. It typically takes several weeks to make, but we completed it instantly. Somehow, it seemed that crystallizing cement and water turned them into concrete, so I imagined them crystallizing quickly, and it worked.

I don't know why we need breakwaters, though. When did my base become a pier? I approved it, but when I heard Ryuko's explanation, I thought it was a good idea. Well, not bad, at least.

"No problems; you're doing great. Next, please install them at the main office. As for the apartment construction, please handle it with care. Even if you know the construction method, it won't work if you don't have the skill..."

Ryuko hesitated, but you knew this, didn't you, Shizuku-san?

[I think it's fine. Even though that person didn't have the carpentry skill, she could easily handle construction. Naturally, there shouldn't be any issues. Speaking of which, she was naturally dexterous.]

Awkwardly, Shizuku-san, the astral body, conveyed her thoughts, but I suppose that's how it is.

[Well, even if she only has knowledge skills, if she can do construction work, that's what matters. She can raise her dexterity.]

In that case, I'll give Ryuko a status potion later to increase her dexterity. Dwarf should be able to easily raise their dexterity.

"Ryuko, what's your status?"

"Um, my total is 107."

It was lower than I expected. I see. Usually, it would be a bit higher; her skill level and status don't match.

"Can I give you a status potion later to increase your dexterity? So you can move somewhat according to your knowledge?"

"Yes, I understand! I'll do my best!"

Ryuko, who had been looking downcast, smiled. She had a low dexterity, and I had a feeling she understood that but couldn't bring herself to say it.

"So, next is the black market, huh... Things never go as planned; it's starting to feel real. Sales are increasing, aren't they? Numata, weren't the sales supposed to drop significantly?"

I looked at this week's sales report. It had increased considerably compared to last week when it had dropped.

"Yes. Well,  the number of customers in our black market has increased significantly. Some of the customers who used to come have decreased, but among the new customers, some bought more, so the overall sales have increased significantly."

Numata scratched his cheek, blushing a little. It seemed the union's sales campaign had attracted customers. Well, that makes sense. If you have a big sale, people will come from afar. And if they do, they'll buy even our products, which have only slightly changed in price. Thanks, unknown union members. Thanks for bringing in customers for us.

I can't help but feel grateful. The plan has changed significantly. I had thought we had quite the customer attraction power, but...

"Things you think will go well often don't, and what you don't expect to succeed sometimes does. Life is interesting, isn't it?"

"That's how it goes. So, unexpected things are going to continue?"

Shingen turned his gaze toward Karin. A while ago, Karin brought information.

"Suwa Clan. The surname is quite significant."

Karin had brought information that Suwa Clan, among others, was coming to destroy the Amatsugahara Corporation. Katsuyori laughed bitterly, but was it fate?

"In the Warring States period, Suwa Clan was destroyed by Takeda Shingen. It might be fate if they lose to the modern-day Takeda Shingen."

"The surname is indeed cursed. Such connections are likely in a world with magic."

Our new companion is Oukubo, right? But wasn't Oukubo Nagayasu one of Takeda's subordinates? I don't remember very well. But it's a world with magic, so strange connections might arise from names like that.

[Both Sakimori-san and I have the same first. Huh, maybe we're a divine couple creating this world!]

[Shizuku, you chose your first name, didn't you?]

Shizuku deliberately placed her hand on her cheek in a dramatic fashion, feigning surprise. She's such a mischievous girl.

"But, why are they calling in the private security company like they're calling the city's tough guys? Their equipment is top-notch. I saw those huge armored vehicles for infantry transport the other day."

Karin asked with her cat ears twitching.

"Oh, those massive armored vehicles, huh? Why do private security companies have such heavy equipment when bullets and resources are scarce? It's absurd."

Isn't it strange? Why are private security companies consuming ammunition while the military tries to save on bullets and resources? It's messed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test