06 September 2023

Earth Dungeon 62.2

 Test

Chapter 62.2. Elf


"This is Fuuka-sama. Long time no see."

"Yes, it's been a while. You seem to be in good health."

We exchanged greetings with a bow. She's Kamishiro Serika, a genius of extraordinary talent. She used her skills to create new magic weapons and tools, employing people with lower skill levels. Despite her humble origins, she had rapidly risen in status and skipped grades to enter the research institute.

I understood they were a generation that overshadowed the so-called "Golden Generation."

"Yes, I'm doing well as always. My good health is my only selling point."

Kamishiro Serika raised her slender arm, giving a thumbs-up and displaying a cute little smile. Her charming, round eyes resembled those of a small animal, making me chuckle unintentionally. She didn't look like a genius at all from her appearance.

"So, what brings you here today?"

"Well, I think it's about time we use the Blesses Chalice's power."

I vaguely recalled that magic item. It was supposed to bring a slight improvement in health. My father had initially scoffed at its effectiveness, but a few days later, his complexion had changed.

"That's wonderful news. I assume my father was delighted?"

"Yes. The head of the family was extremely pleased. He bestowed an unused building near Asakusa upon me as a reward, and it will get renovated into my private research institute. There were other minor rewards as well."

I widened my eyes in surprise at Serika Kamishiro Serika's response. That would mean it involved a sum of nearly tens of billions. My father must have paid a considerable price.

"It's a bit heartbreaking to leave the Nerima Research Institute, but becoming the director and having the freedom to develop what I like is a significant reward. I can't express enough gratitude for this unexpected bonus."

Kamishiro Serika winked playfully, but I couldn't believe she had acquired the institute. That truly was a success story.

"Congratulations... Does this mean you're now a lord of a castle?"

For someone from a lower social class, her rapid advancement was astonishing. Unbelievable. However, Kamishiro Serika nonchalantly nodded without any airs. She seemed as if she had received a small allowance.

"I pledge my loyalty to the Minamoto family. I hope to have a chat with you on an asteroid someday."

"An asteroid?"

"To have a delightful meeting with a beautiful lady, of course. Just kidding, Minamoto Fuuka-sama."

Kamishiro Serika smiled like a mischievous imp. It was a joke that made no sense. An asteroid? I couldn't understand the meaning behind it.

Since there was a thin line between genius and madness, there was no point in dwelling on it. After finishing our conversation and offering a faint smile, I was about to enter my father's room when I crossed paths with Kamishiro Serika again.

"By the way, I heard you defeated an Azure Dragon. Truly befitting of the Golden Generation. It would have been impossible with my equipment. Indeed, it's thanks to the treasured items each family possesses and Minamoto Fuuka-sama and her team's effort."

"...I apologize for not using the equipment you crafted for me. However, as a prestigious family, we needed to display our strength."

The equipment crafted by Kamishiro Serika was quite powerful magic gear, and I had intended to use it. However, as the deadline approached, Teru began suggesting that we equip ourselves with the treasured items to demonstrate the power of each family. Only Teru and I could use the treasured items, while Kiyoshi received his equipment, and she didn't create Ryuko-san's in the first place.

So, the equipment crafted by Kamishiro Serika for warriors and mages didn't quite fit.

"Oh, please don't worry about it. As an apology, we also paid a penalty, and I still have the equipment with me. I'll make some adjustments and sell it somewhere later."

"I appreciate your understanding."

"More importantly, how did you manage to defeat Azure Dragon? I'd love to hear the story sometime."

As Kamishiro Serika peered at me with her sparkling ruby-like eyes, I sighed inwardly and smiled politely.

"Our soldiers provided a diversion, and during that opening, Teru and I unleashed our maximum attacks. It's a bit embarrassing since we relied solely on our weapons. It was a straightforward, brute-force approach."

Blushing slightly, I explained how we had defeated Azure Dragon, placing a hand on my cheek.

"I see. So the moon was out. That makes sense."

The moon? I tilted my head in confusion, and Kamishiro Serika nodded as if she had satisfied her curiosity. It seemed like some joke.

As I bid farewell to Kamishiro Serika, who was leaving, I gathered myself and sat in front of the sliding door to meet with my father. It was a bit of a hassle, but he was very strict about etiquette, so I needed to make sure to do it properly.

"Father, Fuuka has arrived."

"Very well, come in."

A solemn voice responded, and I carefully slid open the door and entered.

Kamishiro Serika glanced back at me before entering the room.

"That's strange... There's no way people with such useless skills could defeat Azure Dragon without any casualties..."

She looked at me with a cold, cruel light in her eyes and ridiculed them as if mocking. Her previous charm and mischievous demeanor were nowhere to be found.

"Well, I'm curious now. Who could have possibly defeated the water dragon? Captain Marume's skills are not well-suited for it. I might ask my best friend to investigate."

With a scornful smile, she pondered the situation and then frowned at the thought of going home in the pouring rain. Serika then departed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test